PDA

View Full Version : LOcal lakes trout ... fishing in general

sparkyzippo07
11-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Trout season has began and on a personal note I had 2 local spots I hit I did really well for trout 3 at each location in a short period of time, C&R trout was not working for a lot of people that day gutted trout with 2 feet of line sticking out is not C&R that's just less trout for me lol we all feel that way ..... but honestly have respect for the fish and eat it don't do what all these other people that say they eat the trout but they just throw it out three years later lol

PM me for trout spots ......

BUSTER124
11-04-2013, 06:36 PM
I feel your pain. The problem is the guy that fishes with Powerbait or other bait and wait users. Usually, those fish caught cannot be released because they suck that stuff down to the fishes crushers. I only use jigs, trout worms and single hook lures with the barb of the hook mashed down. I lose a few fish but all others I can release without even taking them out of the water. Education is the key to success.. Between the birds and the guys poaching 10 trout a day it can get tough. Good times though.

reelgurlzfish
11-05-2013, 02:21 PM
C&R for trout is a sensitive subject. honestly for me i keep what i catch and keave if I get my limit. gives others the chance to catch. saw too many people trying to C&R, and saw too many floaters within the day. I can see the argument of releasing if you are using a lure or single barbless hook, better chances or a successful release. One guy tho was releasing all off PB.... over the limit caught and probably half of his releases didnt look so hot....... i did real well this weekend tho and fed many bellies ! ;)

sparkyzippo07
11-05-2013, 04:41 PM
C&R for trout is a sensitive subject. honestly for me i keep what i catch and keave if I get my limit. gives others the chance to catch. saw too many people trying to C&R, and saw too many floaters within the day. I can see the argument of releasing if you are using a lure or single barbless hook, better chances or a successful release. One guy tho was releasing all off PB.... over the limit caught and probably half of his releases didnt look so hot....... i did real well this weekend tho and fed many bellies ! ;)

reelgurlzfish

I am glad you did well over the week end, the trout looked a lil better then most dfg stockers. my fish were in the 10-12 inch range for dfg stocks that's huge lol I fished 2 days 2 hrs. each days and ended up with 3 each day not bad for up the street fishing lol and yes I kept all my fish because you take a trout out of water for 5-sec damn thing nearly dies lol and plus another issue birds our license money goes to feeding the local birds lol

reelgurlzfish
11-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Sounds like a good time had by all. I limited out my first day and 3 the next. And this was several days after stocking from what I understand! Sooo happy to be back to be back to trout season ! Good luck out there

I*B*CATCHIN
11-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I feel your pain. The problem is the guy that fishes with Powerbait or other bait and wait users. Usually, those fish caught cannot be released because they suck that stuff down to the fishes crushers. I only use jigs, trout worms and single hook lures with the barb of the hook mashed down. I lose a few fish but all others I can release without even taking them out of the water. Education is the key to success.. Between the birds and the guys poaching 10 trout a day it can get tough. Good times though.I've never fished for trout so what is the best jig that you use ( pic please & name ) I live in watts so where is a good lake not out of LA

BASSCATCH
11-06-2013, 04:11 PM
I've never fished for trout so what is the best jig that you use ( pic please & name ) I live in watts so where is a good lake not out of LA

What's up bro, you should hit me up, you are local to me, we can go to some stocked lakes, last week they had stocked downey wilderness, but doubt that it has any fish left as it's more of a pond then a lake. Also went to la mirada, and the birds were eating all the trout :mad:Manged a few, but they weren't really going for jigs, or floating worms, they were hitting power bate, which i hate to use, so I put my lady on PB, and she caught more then me :LOL: By yeah hit me bro, i'll pm you with my #

Fastxturtle
11-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Hey guys I'm new to trout fishing and I always c&r. My question is since the trout is cold weather fish, would it survive the hot weather during summer?

AngryAgent
11-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Hey guys I'm new to trout fishing and I always c&r. My question is since the trout is cold weather fish, would it survive the hot weather during summer?

IF the lake has deeper water that stays on the colder side then yes but if not then no.

etucker1959
11-07-2013, 08:03 AM

A big or cold lake Big Bear or DVL the trout can survive the summer. Just about everything else they go belly up in May or June. All the small ponds, forget it!!!!! None of them are deeper then 15-18 feet that I know of.

dany
12-11-2013, 09:17 PM
A few days ago, family decided to go for outside, we planned to go New York because I and my younger brother had not seen this. We arrange a picnic and started making preparation. We left to Central Park Lake and reached after three hours from united state. We choose the shady place near the lake. New York City is surrounding by water. New York City’s waters challenge and welcome both the salt- and freshwater angler. The lake is very deep and salty water. For a start, head to a fishing lake in one of our parks. The central is park very famous park in New York. We caught the fishes in Lakes Park and cooked the fishes. We very enjoy the central park and playing the cricket. In the evening we left home. I am not forgot this picnic in central park.