PDA

View Full Version : Anybody go to Apollo Park derby

ltj427
11-04-2013, 01:03 PM
I wasn't able to go this year but went for two hours in the afternoon and didn't catch anything. The water was the clearest I've ever seen it there and didn't smell either, I could see about 20 trout 10 feet out but they weren't biting.

HereFishy
11-05-2013, 06:51 AM
That was pretty much how it was at the derby. Tons of fish swimming around not biting... Apparently they were hitting small jigs and rooster tails, but everything I tried (powerbait, worms, trout teasers, pantermartins, roostertails, power eggs, and small spoons) was unsuccessfull. First place was a little over 9lbs, 10th was about 7.

moparferlife
11-05-2013, 06:59 AM
That was pretty much how it was at the derby. Tons of fish swimming around not biting... Apparently they were hitting small jigs and rooster tails, but everything I tried (powerbait, worms, trout teasers, pantermartins, roostertails, power eggs, and small spoons) was unsuccessfull. First place was a little over 9lbs, 10th was about 7.

I was at the derby to lol I should have texted you to ask if you were gonna be there. I only hooked up once with a rooster tail but I came unbuttoned. Going again today still lots of fish but they dont wanna bite or chase anything

HereFishy
11-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Oh man that would have been cool. Oh well. but ya they didnt seem to have as much going on this year, only like two raffles, and I think there was only like 5 lightning rounds. and ya the fish just did not want to bite anything. I used 4 different "proven" baits on top of the trout teasers, spoons, and roostertails and nothing, I would have cought more with a long handled net lol... my buddy got in a fight there lol...

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
11-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Day after the derby I was there. Yeah, you could see tons of good sized fish swimming by about 10 feet out. But I did manage to get one................a 8.12 pounder ! Caught it on a gold/black Rapala CD5.
There were about 6 guys near me flyfishing and they managed to get a couple each. I think they were using nymphs or copper worms on the bottom with indicators.
I'm sure there are still plenty of fish there since it's been a real slow bite.
TTFM