PDA

View Full Version : What swim baits to start with?

fishfrenzy
11-04-2013, 07:17 AM
I was wondering if you can recommend a big swimbait to start off with? I wanted to get bbz 1 by wasn't sure if I should get the floating or slow sinking and why? I also was considering a Huddleston? I just wanted to see if any one had any input/preference/recommendations? I have the gear that can handle something big/heavy I just don't know what I get. I will be fishing mainly in the small (shallow) city/regional parks.
Thanks in advance.

lazyfisherman
11-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Depends on time of year. As we transition into winter, I would say a huddleston would be used the most.

gogreeenz4
11-04-2013, 08:30 AM
hudd 8 inch or 68 special. an if you fish small shallow city parks get a floating bbz

DarkShadow
11-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Deps Slide Swimmer 250 Under Floater Over, Super Tuned by Mazda Auto Tuned by Daft Punk Special Edition Signed By Mike Long

But, if you don't have $600 to spare, you can just get a Hudd, ROF5, re-rig it correctly and have a blast.

BassinChef
11-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Deps Slide Swimmer 250 Under Floater Over, Super Tuned by Mazda Auto Tuned by Daft Punk Special Edition Signed By Mike Long

But, if you don't have $600 to spare, you can just get a Hudd, ROF5, re-rig it correctly and have a blast.

Hahahaha sums it up pretty well, x3 on the hudds

bman90278
11-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Also, make sure u only spend what u can afford to lose and replace! Cause u will lose some baits.

-brian

gogreeenz4
11-06-2013, 11:36 AM
storm wildeye live stocker trout ( wal mart specials )

as cheap an as teriable as these baits are i have gotten fish in the past an they are pennys compared to some other baits...

fishermanx14
11-06-2013, 11:40 AM
slowsink bbz you will be able to work the sop middle and bottom and its pretty cheap. You can put a magnet in the bait and put a frog hook on top so you can slow roll the bottom without getting snagged, plus its alot more durable than a hudd. Triple trout are good for reaction strikes and the warmer months. Also, fish mono!!!

seal
11-06-2013, 01:29 PM
storm wildeye live stocker trout ( wal mart specials )

as cheap an as teriable as these baits are i have gotten fish in the past an they are pennys compared to some other baits...

We started with these at Lake Mead. They have been responsible for many DD's out there from us in years past, they've only gotten better. The suspending ones seem to be even more effective.

seal
11-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Don't forget about LA Sliders, you can still get them at Last Chance Tackle last I checked. These are also a staple out at Lake Mead.

DarkShadow
11-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Also, fish mono!!!

I dunno, the pike and musky fisherman prefer braid and a steel leader.