PDA

View Full Version : Opener 2013 saturday

See Chris Fish
11-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Weather was just awesome.
Incredibly beautiful day.
Chilly in morning, but warmed nice.

Fishing was great!

Parking lot camping is the bomb!! Great food, music, fun, stories, friends.
(TaperSteve, don't forget to burn me that CD.)

Had a "battery charger issue" with the boat. Damn!! Oh no!! Really, here we go again?!?!

Upon further investigation of the problem, evidence seems to point towards an "operator error" issue!!! LOL
In a hurry, Halloween night, I put the negative clamp on the post with the plastic cover still on it. Note to self, it don't work like that.
(think cartoon character turning into a "sucker" at this point and your where I was at that moment)
Oh well.
So it was shore fishing for me on the opener. Really glad it worked out like that. Great day.

Fished on West Shore with a few Team 57 members.
Found the shore "secret spot" out in Indian country with TroutDog, Aaron, Bob, Omar, and the
"Scourge of the Crayfish World". Those crayfish didn't stand a chance.

It was fish-on all day long for us. They were taking almost everything thrown at them.
I got the first trout within 5 minutes of lines in water. About 2.5lber and great colors/markings.
It was still dark out!! Love that!
Now that's how to start a season!!

Everyone caught fish. Some limited out.
Fished with TroutDog till 4:40.
I ended with 4 on a stringer and I farmed 3.
Most had full tails and put up some good fights.
All fish were nice sized but nothing really HUGE except, of course, those 3 that I farmed.

Thanks to Bob for the drop shot tips. That's a great set up you taught me. I will be doing this more often.
Team 57 was all over the lake. So much fun with this group.
Great wildlife show. 2 pairs of Golden Eagles soaring just behind us, Osprey grabbing a trout on a dare from TroutDog.
Funny and awe inspiring all in one!
Water is 67-ish.

Irvine Lake is the best.
Friendliest staff I know. Ran into lake staffers ,Mike and Don, heading to truck at end of the day. Got more great drop shot tips. I like that set up too. Different approach, same results.
Thanks.