PDA

View Full Version : Fri shad recon downrigger practice and just some fun

TroutOnly
11-02-2013, 08:56 AM
after spending the last 3 days at ucla with my wife because shes been getting a massive battery of test and a procedure ,she sent me home thurs evening and told me to take a brake and go fishing fri ,and she was having our daughter spend the day with her. i was bad enough dealing with the stress of her doctors finally figuring out whats been wrong with her ,which those people at ucla have there s-h-i-t together . her doctors from the av were just having her tread water now theres some real action in the positive sense. i rolled up to the line to see it was pretty big and growing as i prepped the boat. my mission was to check out and see if there was any shallow shad anywhere for the netting , there was but it was thin and in all the wrong places for easy dipping . only thing was every cove i came out of i spotted stripers and bass mid way out of them, i had a diamond silver-shad i would stop and throw ,to the areas where they were blowing uo next to the bank, i caught a couple big bass but just tossed them back and moved to the next cove .after using about 3hrs doing that ,it was apparent the dipping is at the end. so i cruised over to my fish arm hot spot for some downrigger action and sure enough them deep schools were still in that general area chasing and feeding on the shad. it was drop it ti the right depth ,then figure the exact color they wanted on every pass, the fish were the same size schoolies little 4lbrs over and over again ,i wasnt in the pic mood and was releasing them i was just happy to have it figured out.after doing that for a couple hours it was time to move out , i rolled up the dr's and headed for the c-point to check out the other side of the lake. as i stopped i saw schools up in the flat linning area of the water colume so it was drop it out and then hook ups, about that time my friend from work called and asked if was bringing him fish for the smoker, he was happy i got the trout he will make jerky out of it cause there small , he smoked some of the big sierra fish i brought back last week and man was it good. so he asked me if i had caught stripers i said yes but i was throwing them back ,so he asked if would bring some and i said sure,then the blood begain to flow. as i worked up the ski arm i could see the baitbitch armada. i saw a couple pals i i pulled up the rigs and hung out for a while shooting the breeze,then it was time to go i was mentally and pyhiscally wore out.............T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1932_zps24f5938c.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/DSCN1932_zps24f5938c.jpg.html)
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1934_zpsc6e88f19.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/DSCN1934_zpsc6e88f19.jpg.html)

HawgZWylde
11-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Bob, I hope your wife is going to be ok, sounds like you have very good medical help. My prayers go out to you guys. There is no better way to reflect and relieve stress than to go out and slay, good job Bob...

Fishin4runner
11-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Sorry to hear about your wife, I hope she gets better. Great to see you had some fun slaying the stripes and stockers at the staic. I do have a question about downrigger fishing. More on the equipment then the fishing. What line releases do you prefer? I just picked up a downrigger and not sure what release to buy. Any help would be appreciated.

trail blazer
11-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Sorry to hear abought the wifey bob,,,,,,il keep you both in my prayers,,,,great recon

karlow
11-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Best wishes for your wife Bob.

MikesOcean
11-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Great job putting yourself on fish. I have always felt that fishing is the best medication for one self.

If only the rest of the world could go fishing to make themselves feel better.

Oh wait... Then our lakes would be too packed! Scratch that!

Again Bob, prayers sent to the wife and stay strong.

It's about that time for me! Very soon! I need to go kill some stripers

At Castaic. It's been waaaay too long for me!

See you soon Boooz!

DMS
11-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Hope your wife is feeling better. Cool deal on another clinic. I was working the cannonball today, but only got a couple. I found them and must still. Be working for the right depth and color. But seening the. Clip go on the rigger sure felt good!

jerryG
11-03-2013, 01:55 AM
Time on the water is great therapy for dealing with stress. Sorry to hear that your wife is in the hospital but I agree that UCLA Medical Center has skilled doctors. Recently I have been making trips to UCLA Medical Center my self. My Cousin is there awaiting a desperately needed liver transplant. The care he has received from the medical staff at UCLA has been outstanding. You can be sure that your wife is in good hands Bob. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I wish your wife a quick return to good health. Hang in there Bob...

JerryG

fishinone
11-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Bob,

It's good to hear that your getting good answers for you're wife.

Thanks for the recon.

I'll give you the shad intel that I have. The shad are spread out from what I've seen but there are some big schools out in the main lake. It got glassy down at the buoy line yesterday and a big school came up dimpling. The striper were on them but not blowing up on the surface, just swirling. A boat ran through them before they got close enough to us to catch.

GdHkSet1
11-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Man hope all comes out well with your wife. Keep slaying those jailbirds(and trout)..

olfishergal
11-03-2013, 07:35 PM
I know a couple really fantastic nurses if you and your wife need some assist, just holler...
OFG

TroutOnly
11-04-2013, 05:30 PM
thanks everyone who responded, susan got out sat night ,i was very happy driving her home. going to be at castaic thurs with catchingsomefish,,,,,,,,but were not going to be smelling like sardines,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
11-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Right on!

Take Susan fish in!

lowe
11-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Good to hear bob all is good ..lo

dk4885
11-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Happy to hear bob. +1 on what CB said

olfishergal
11-04-2013, 07:21 PM
glad she's home but still, expect you to holler.....:Thumbs Up:

jerryG
11-04-2013, 08:07 PM
That's some good news Bob.. Have fun on Thursday it should be great..

JerryG