PDA

View Full Version : Peck Road Park Lake

Cartman
11-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Peck Road Park Lake is the closest lake to where I live, and I've decided to learn it. I had a great outing there today walking around on the bottom of the lake. The water is WAY down, and you can walk around in places where the water was 10' - 15' deep. It was cool seeing the structure under the water where I have fished before. IF there are any fish in that lake, they have about 20% less water to hide in. DFW says they're going to stock trout this coming week. This should be interesting since the water is so low there are now two totally different lakes instead of just the one.

BASSCATCH
11-02-2013, 08:36 AM
I did see on DFG website, that it will be stocked, that is pretty cool, keep us updated, or pm me, I live about 15 miles away. Also, I wonder, if both sides will be stocked, or maybe just the right side, since it has more areas to fish from.

BALLERONBUDGET
11-02-2013, 10:36 AM
most people never catcah a fish outta there but place does hv lots of potential.... weird water levels and hard accessible shoreline .... btw they filled the water holding areas 605/210... not sure why they wouldnt put that into santa fe dam/ or peck park... they do the same low water at bonelli also where u can walk even across in a few areas...

I*B*CATCHIN
11-02-2013, 01:36 PM
no carp talk

Ifishtoolittle
11-02-2013, 03:23 PM
The lake is tough right now. Water levels are way too low and the structure is exposed. We need rain!

BASSCATCH
11-02-2013, 05:39 PM
most people never catcah a fish outta there but place does hv lots of potential.... weird water levels and hard accessible shoreline .... btw they filled the water holding areas 605/210... not sure why they wouldnt put that into santa fe dam/ or peck park... they do the same low water at bonelli also where u can walk even across in a few areas...
This would be nice, if they could add like 10 feet of water, this place would be nice. Went there like 3 weeks ago, the southwest side had a few large cat fish skeletons...early Halloween decoration i guess...hahaha! no, but there were a ton of baby bass, between 4-8 inches they kept going for my mini jigs, within 10 feet, as i was retrieving in from my cast, this looks good for years to come.

TonyLisa
11-02-2013, 10:41 PM
I think it's being drained on purpose so they can fix up the park

BASSCATCH
11-03-2013, 06:22 AM
I think it's being drained on purpose so they can fix up the park

You might be right. I did see a lot of construction going on, it looks better then before, but still needs lots of cleaning up.

BALLERONBUDGET
11-05-2013, 04:34 PM
yup..water wayy down n its dark as cola n still smells........park willb nice in a few years. lots of bbq pits, decent bike trail etc.. not sure why they put crop circle designs everywhere but ohwell.........didnt see any signs of fish tho..... props to the "luckyones" doing community service and cleaning the place daily......beats cleaning the side of the fwys......

Cartman
11-05-2013, 08:05 PM
no carp talk

Peck Road got carp.

bassfishing24/7
11-06-2013, 02:05 AM
Peck Road Park Lake is the closest lake to where I live, and I've decided to learn it. I had a great outing there today walking around on the bottom of the lake. The water is WAY down, and you can walk around in places where the water was 10' - 15' deep. It was cool seeing the structure under the water where I have fished before. IF there are any fish in that lake, they have about 20% less water to hide in. DFW says they're going to stock trout this coming week. This should be interesting since the water is so low there are now two totally different lakes instead of just the one.
Walking around at the "bottom of the lake"?..... Did u find any of my lost swimbaits by any chance?! Lol

Ifishtoolittle
11-06-2013, 02:12 AM
Walking around at the "bottom of the lake"?..... Did u find any of my lost swimbaits by any chance?! Lol

lol the last time I was there, which was in late August, you could walk through the channel that usually joins the two lakes.

I*B*CATCHIN
11-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Peck Road got carp.
On the bucket list NOW :Smile:

I*B*CATCHIN
11-06-2013, 02:52 PM
yup..water wayy down n its dark as cola n still smells........park willb nice in a few years. lots of bbq pits, decent bike trail etc.. not sure why they put crop circle designs everywhere but ohwell.........didnt see any signs of fish tho..... props to the "luckyones" doing community service and cleaning the place daily......beats cleaning the side of the fwys......
Sounds about the same as harbor park lake

B@$$[P][M][P]
11-28-2013, 09:21 AM
I love peck, skunks and all. ive seen pig carps pig cats and that just means there has to be hog bass. just have to find em.

BASSCATCH
11-28-2013, 02:44 PM
I'll be checking this spot out on sunday...I'll be sure to post my report.

I*B*CATCHIN
11-29-2013, 06:03 AM
I'll be checking this spot out on sunday...I'll be sure to post my report.I'll take mine direct Rickey...you know what I want to know about :Big Grin:

FishingIsNotACrime
11-29-2013, 07:55 AM
If you think for one minute that DFG is on your side or cares about the public's right to fish or hunt without being bothered or harassed. Think again, They'll bait you into breaking the law with decoys and so forth. I've been fishing for 20 years & always catch & release, I hate fish!I just love the fight. But I gave up on it because the DFG makes me sic, they dont target the bums & lowlifes cause they cant pay their fines.

Troutin Man
11-29-2013, 09:53 AM
I agree with this...Love the fight when they are strippin the line.

If you do things the right way, nothin to worry about. Those that cheat will get what's comin sooner or later, dfg or not.

Treat others right, do things right, good things usually happen. Treat others wrong, get greedy, don't play fair...well u know...:Beat Stick::Banned:

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving is a great and relaxing.

BASSCATCH
12-03-2013, 06:06 PM
I'll take mine direct Rickey...you know what I want to know about :Big Grin:

So, I went to peck road park on 11-30-13 saturday evening not sunday morning as planned, Just wanted to get a good look at water conditions. Water is still pretty murky, but i guess with the rain the water level increased about a foot, since last time i was there, about 6 plus weeks ago. Water is wanting to flow to the other side, as it had split into two lakes due to it drying out. Water temps were about 65-68 degrees, and the day was nice and warm out that day, with a nice breeze. Saw a few anglers out fishing, and older Asian gentlemen that was fishing about 30 feet from me caught 2 Carp all day, one was a pig about a 10-12 pounder, the other was a smaller one about 2 pounder he CPR'd both fish and sheared his photos with me threw conversation. Both carp were caught on dough balls. I was fishing for trout, but got skunked, but was not the only angler out there that got skunked, i only got to fish for about an hour and some change, then had to leave as it was getting dark. If you know this place, it's not the place you want to be at after dark. DFG was checking for fishing license, it was good to see them doing there job on a saturday of all days at a city park. I went knowing that the lake hadn't been stocked since the week of the of the 17th of November. This week it should be stocked, just thought i'd report.

dany
12-07-2013, 03:30 AM
Joining any community is like a trend in these days sometimes people joined for getting some entertainment but sometime they want to get useful information and knowledge from other community members. I am new in thins forum and want to find out good friends i found this community is highly interesting.

Cartman
12-08-2013, 08:09 PM
I went back to Peck Road to walk my dog last week. I saw one person fishing, maybe for trout. That's a pretty good place to go for walking because they have a nice track, and if you're adventurous you can hit the wilds and walk through the middle part(s), which we did. Man, it's like a Hooverville in there. I saw six encampments, all carefully hidden, so I assume there lots more. They have nice tents, coolers, bicycles with attached carts for hauling in supplies, everything. Pretty nice place to live or at least vacation if you think about it. Quiet at night with a nice lake for scenery. The problem is the garbage these people produce. OMG the mountains of garbage that will end up in the lake once the water rises. It's really disgusting. Also they start lots of fires. They don't just start fires in their little camps, but they start big fires on low hanging branches. Lots of fires and lots of garbage. We even came across a couple going at it under some bushes. Oops. :Embarrassed: The Sheriff or Arcadia Police or whoever's in change should roust them out and get some crews in the clean that place up. Really disgusting. :Sad:

BALLERONBUDGET
12-09-2013, 08:34 AM
yuck yuck... with all those maintenance guys there daily and supply shed on site, im sure they know of the prob but are prob not allowed to enforce anything there???? that water is their personal toilet btw and u prob dnt wanna touch it/eat any fish / let alone dip ur gear into it.... lets not forget the 3 dead bodies pulled out in the lst few years.... yup its documented for those that dnt believe me.....

Cartman
12-09-2013, 11:22 AM
yuck yuck... with all those maintenance guys there daily and supply shed on site, im sure they know of the prob but are prob not allowed to enforce anything there???? that water is their personal toilet btw and u prob dnt wanna touch it/eat any fish / let alone dip ur gear into it.... lets not forget the 3 dead bodies pulled out in the lst few years.... yup its documented for those that dnt believe me.....

I don't think there have been any murders there. At least one of the bodies was an angler who fell in.

I think you're right. They should march some of those guys in the orange vests over there with some kind of vehicle and cart all that crap out of there. I doubt that they are unaware of the presence of the squatters, but maybe they don't know the exact locations. But I found them, so they could, too. So why are they allowing all that garbage and sewerage to pile up?

Cartman
12-09-2013, 11:23 AM

Surprisingly I have not found any fishing gear at all, though I have found quite a few golf balls.

The Birdman
12-17-2013, 01:41 AM
Does anyone know in general what days they do stock Peck road park? I'd like to be around to see where and how much they are stocking and gleen info from the stocking guys regarding both Peck and Santa Fe Dam. Has anyone thought to call the DFG to have a Ranger present while they stock to stop the poaching and overfishing?