PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Trout pond to introduce my Grand Daughter to fishing

FishingwithDave
10-31-2013, 10:57 PM
Looking for recommendations for a trout pond to take my 3 year old grand daughter to in the So Cal area. She's showing some interest so I want to get her "hooked" early. Not concerned about cost. Concerned about her catching and and getting excited about reeling in some fish.

Thanks,

FWD

shiromaguro88
10-31-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm planning on taking my niece and nephew around the same age fishing. I was recommended Trout Dale in Agoura Hills.

Ultralight
10-31-2013, 11:19 PM
So Ca is a large area....:)

Jess Ranch has a trout pond that is stocked and charge by the trout I think. Easy catches - as many as you could wish for.

UL

Carptain_Bao
10-31-2013, 11:53 PM
Irvine would be a good bet too. Always ask the pro shop, they are willing to help you get on some fish especially with the kids.

Viejo
11-01-2013, 07:39 AM
For a real mountain experience, try the Mount Baldy Trout ponds. Nice day of being up in Baldy village (take her to the cool museum) and ponds are in a park like, mountain setting. They even have a pond specifically for smaller kids

Marley
11-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Santa Ana River Lakes has a catchout pond that is all but guaranteed. Pay by the pound, you can rent a pole. They have ducks, rabbits, geese, peacocks and a couple of pot bellied pigs to look at, and a picnic area.

FishingwithDave
11-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Awesome - thanks everyone! I'll be sure to post pics of the happiest little girl to ever catch a fish!