PDA

View Full Version : I feel the cold air, daylight savings is almost history & special bonus report!

exfactor
10-31-2013, 08:59 PM
And i know the clock is ticking for winter to set in. I called Dave to do another evening run to our "i know this spot will produce someday" spot. We arrived at low tide, with an incoming flow to +3 at sunset, so I liked our chances. We tried alot further down the beach then we have explored before while we were waiting for the tide to come in a bit more. Dave managed a few dink perch, and I stayed with my hero or zero LC. The most excitement I had was observing a couple young girls sunning in the raw. Kelp was manageable, and water was off color. So once again, a evening casting practice, and another page in this spot recorded for prosperity. I'm heading up to Gaviota this weekend for one last shot at a nice flat one, and then will switch to perch mode. Thanks for reading. Mikey

Did Gaviota today with my Buddy Ken on his 18 parker. FAC on the long ride up (34 miles), put the bounce gear in above the pier, spent the day driving around in 65 feet. I ended up catching a 20, 15, and 13 pounder, missed one other that didn't stick. Ken hooked a sea bass, that also came unbuttoned. Squid is still thick up there, and water was between 60, and 62.8 all day. Will add pics tomorrow.

Which Way Out
11-01-2013, 06:24 AM
Land locked butts are better than nothing! :ROFL:

WWO

skunked4life
11-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Use the Force Master Yoda...

"Perch mode" ain't all that bad. Can't wait to finally give up on the ghosts and start targeting the perch. I just can't seem to let go.

Good luck out there and may the force be with you.

Skunked4life

Dawn Treader
11-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Well today sure felt a far cry from winter ...wish work allowed me to hit the surf with you guys . Had to turn Davy down tonight as well for hitting last light . Look forward to checking out that spot with you soon Mike !

SP Dan
11-02-2013, 08:41 PM
I think it's the arthritis in your ol' bones telling you that the warmer waters of summer are coming to an end! :Wink: Ya gotta listen to the bones!

Thanx for the weather report Mikey! :LOL:

SP Dan <"))><

bachiboy
11-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Heard a little something about the cold air being good for multiple legals recently!:Wink: Doesn't sound like its slowing you down too much.:LOL: Maybe not quite time for perching mode just yet.

Congrats!
Don

Wingnut
11-04-2013, 06:39 PM
I would drive North to fish for Perch with you any day Yoda. :Big Grin:
I still remember one of the best times I had was that wide open BIG Perch bite we had a few years ago up there. :Razz:
You were killing me yesterday every time you sent me a text that you got another legal on the boat. :Envious:
See you at the Christmas party! :Wink: