PDA

View Full Version : Abu Garcia Volatile reviews?

Ifishtoolittle
10-29-2013, 09:00 PM
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Abu_Garcia_Volatile_Casting_Rods/descpage-AVCR.html

Does anyone own one of these things? How does it feel for you? Is the tip as fast as the manufacturer claims? I'm planning to get the 6'9" Med Lt casting model for my light baitcasting purposes. I've got a curado 50e with 6lb on it and I intend to throw lures in the 3g-6g range. Thanks!

-IF2L

DarkShadow
10-30-2013, 09:53 AM
I was gonna say, "For that price range, I'd stick with the tried and true," but after reading some of the specs (SiC guides, e.g) , and looking at the JDM-ish accents and split grip design, I'd love to be able to try the rod out, especially at that price point.

Ifishtoolittle
10-30-2013, 02:35 PM
I was gonna say, "For that price range, I'd stick with the tried and true," but after reading some of the specs (SiC guides, e.g) , and looking at the JDM-ish accents and split grip design, I'd love to be able to try the rod out, especially at that price point.

Yep. The Sic guides, price point, and the overall look is tempting me. I'm just not sure about the 30 ton graphite. That's like IM7 right? Getting some solid distance with the rod may be an issue.

DarkShadow
10-30-2013, 03:00 PM
I'm just not sure about the 30 ton graphite. That's like IM7 right?

There is no standard for graphite rating.

That's why I can come out and say I have a rod that has 1,000,000 modulus IM12 graphite, and since there is no standard, it means absolutely nothing unless you actually get to test the rod out.

It's the same way P-Line can put 4# test rating on a line that has the diameter of everyone else's 6#, and people get their panties in a bunch because, "OMG P LINE IS LIKE SO STRONG!!!11ONE!!"

Ifishtoolittle
10-30-2013, 03:10 PM
There is no standard for graphite rating.

That's why I can come out and say I have a rod that has 1,000,000 modulus IM12 graphite, and since there is no standard, it means absolutely nothing unless you actually get to test the rod out.

It's the same way P-Line can put 4# test rating on a line that has the diameter of everyone else's 6#, and people get their panties in a bunch because, "OMG P LINE IS LIKE SO STRONG!!!11ONE!!"

I see. Thanks for the clarification.