PDA

View Full Version : Sea Lion Steals Big Dorado!!!

bassguycali
10-29-2013, 07:50 AM
Sea Lion steal big Dorado right out of a fishermans hands! Check it out: here (http://www.fishhound.com/videos/sea-lion-stealing-monster-fish!!-out-of-fisherman%27s-hands!!!!)

DarkShadow
10-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Sea Lion steal big Dorado right out of a fishermans hands! Check it out: here (http://www.fishhound.com/videos/sea-lion-stealing-monster-fish%21%21-out-of-fisherman%27s-hands%21%21%21%21)

The sea giveth...and the sea lion taketh away!

pescadito
10-29-2013, 12:30 PM
bummer.
the tax man took a little more than his share on that one.....

DEVOREFLYER
10-29-2013, 12:43 PM
I have heard that by placing as little as 55 grains of lead behind the Seals ear will correct that bad habit. Seems like an easy solution to me.

WAHBAM
10-29-2013, 04:04 PM
I would have cried in front of everyone if that happened to me...

Ifishtoolittle
10-29-2013, 04:46 PM
lol troll sea lion!

Jfishy
10-29-2013, 04:55 PM
I have heard that by placing as little as 55 grains of lead behind the Seals ear will correct that bad habit. Seems like an easy solution to me.

You sound like an idiot to me.

DarkShadow
10-29-2013, 04:58 PM

I see you've met Devore.

DEVOREFLYER
10-29-2013, 08:31 PM

You sound like a "PETA" lover!!!!

Love some of this:

PORTLAND, Oregon (By Teresa Carson) - Washington and Oregon won authorization from a federal agency on Friday to kill sea lions eating endangered salmon at the Bonneville Dam, angering animal rights advocates.

The move marks the second time the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Fisheries Service has approved killing the sea lions, which travel up the Columbia River to eat salmon trying to pass the dam on their way to spawn.

The Humane Society of the United States fought the first authorization, in 2008, winning a ruling from the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals that NOAA must explain why it allowed fishermen to catch the salmon but not sea lions.

The NOAA has said in response that it can limit the number and type of fish caught by the fishermen, but not so the indiscriminate sea lions.

"This is not an easy decision for our agency to make, but a thorough analysis shows that a small number of California sea lions preying on salmon and steelhead are having a significant effect on the ability of the fish stocks to recover," William Stelle, NOAA Fisheries Service Northwest regional administrator William Stelle said in a written statement.

Oregon and Washington may only remove sea lions known to be eating salmon and only 85 per year can be killed.

Sharon Young, marine mammal issues field director for the Humane Society, told Reuters the group was studying NOAA's order and may go back to court to challenge it again.

"Sea lion predation represents only 2.4 percent of the salmon run this year," Young said.

"This is shameful that they are distracting attention from real problems they could be addressing," she said. "This is one of the least important things they can to do address salmon recovery."

Since 2008, 26 sea lions have been euthanized and 10 were placed at zoos and aquariums. Usually about 70-80 huddle around the dam every year, NOAA said, estimating that they ate more than 5,000 salmon last year.

The Oregon Fish and Wildlife Department does not have a start date for when it might begin trapping and euthanizing the mammals, Rick Hargrave, a deputy administrator said.

They have been marking and observing the sea lions since March, so they can identify the most egregious offenders.

California sea lions are protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act, but NOAA said the population of about 238,000 is "healthy and stable."

etucker1959
10-29-2013, 11:41 PM

Love some of this:

PORTLAND, Oregon (By Teresa Carson) - Washington and Oregon won authorization from a federal agency on Friday to kill sea lions eating endangered salmon at the Bonneville Dam, angering animal rights advocates.

The move marks the second time the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Fisheries Service has approved killing the sea lions, which travel up the Columbia River to eat salmon trying to pass the dam on their way to spawn.

The Humane Society of the United States fought the first authorization, in 2008, winning a ruling from the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals that NOAA must explain why it allowed fishermen to catch the salmon but not sea lions.

The NOAA has said in response that it can limit the number and type of fish caught by the fishermen, but not so the indiscriminate sea lions.

"This is not an easy decision for our agency to make, but a thorough analysis shows that a small number of California sea lions preying on salmon and steelhead are having a significant effect on the ability of the fish stocks to recover," William Stelle, NOAA Fisheries Service Northwest regional administrator William Stelle said in a written statement.

Oregon and Washington may only remove sea lions known to be eating salmon and only 85 per year can be killed.

Sharon Young, marine mammal issues field director for the Humane Society, told Reuters the group was studying NOAA's order and may go back to court to challenge it again.

"Sea lion predation represents only 2.4 percent of the salmon run this year," Young said.

"This is shameful that they are distracting attention from real problems they could be addressing," she said. "This is one of the least important things they can to do address salmon recovery."

Since 2008, 26 sea lions have been euthanized and 10 were placed at zoos and aquariums. Usually about 70-80 huddle around the dam every year, NOAA said, estimating that they ate more than 5,000 salmon last year.

The Oregon Fish and Wildlife Department does not have a start date for when it might begin trapping and euthanizing the mammals, Rick Hargrave, a deputy administrator said.

They have been marking and observing the sea lions since March, so they can identify the most egregious offenders.

California sea lions are protected by the Marine Mammal Protection Act, but NOAA said the population of about 238,000 is "healthy and stable."

I'm a PETA supporter!!!!! I believe in:

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

Jfishy
10-30-2013, 11:49 AM

Love some of this:

Yeah, clearly this is the same as you encouraging the illegal shooting and killing of sea lions.

DEVOREFLYER
10-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Yeah, clearly this is the same as you encouraging the illegal shooting and killing of sea lions.

Get a life, sorry but there was no sarcasm button to put on my post. Guess you don't like "Dark Humor". Get a life!!!!!

Jfishy
10-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Wow, two "get a life's" I feel special:Embarrassed: No worries though, you don't need to apologize to me.

DEVOREFLYER
10-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Wow, two "get a life's" I feel special:Embarrassed: No worries though, you don't need to apologize to me.

I wasn't planning on it. Only 27 total posts from you in three years so I don't feel your anything SPECIAL. You just passin' through or just trollin'?

etucker1959
10-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Get a life, sorry but there was no sarcasm button to put on my post. Guess you don't like "Dark Humor". Get a life!!!!!
So you were just kidding about your solution to handle the riots??????????????????? and N Korea, Iran, Illegal aliens and especially liberals who like to eat French Bread????????????

DEVOREFLYER
10-30-2013, 12:55 PM
So you were just kidding about your solution to handle the riots??????????????????? and N Korea, Iran, Illegal aliens and especially liberals who like to eat French Bread????????????

Ya can't have a WAR without TARGETS can ya, well can ya???????? Oh and I especially have my sights set on the French. lol

DarkShadow
10-30-2013, 01:13 PM

You have to understand that with Devore, his rebuttals are all copy and paste. (I mean, look at the responses they give when they don't copy paste.)

Just like The Others.

Apparently, they can't read and then create their own analysis. You might as well engage the Control-C and Control-V keys.

etucker1959
10-30-2013, 01:19 PM
You have to understand that with Devore, his rebuttals are all copy and paste. (I mean, look at the responses they give when they don't copy paste.)

Just like The Others.

Apparently, they can't read and then create their own analysis. You might as well engage the Control-C and Control-V keys.

Ouch!!!!!! I think in need to send Dev, some Hemorrhoidal cream after that response. lol

Jfishy
10-30-2013, 01:25 PM
I wasn't planning on it.

Are you sure about that?

sorry but there was no sarcasm button

Only 27 total posts from you in three years so I don't feel your anything SPECIAL.

Apparently you think I'm special enough to keep replying...

you just passin' through or just trollin'?

I suppose either could be true but I fail to see how either make you less of an idiot...Am I missing something?

DarkShadow
10-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Ouch!!!!!! I think in need to send Dev, some Hemorrhoidal cream after that response. lol

It's not like we don't know what we're going to get, which is the sad part.

Either a copy paste, or a personal insult. Take your pick. I'll bet on the latter.

DEVOREFLYER
10-30-2013, 01:41 PM

I heard that you use it for lip balm. Just a rumor mind ya.

DarkShadow
10-30-2013, 01:51 PM
I heard that you use it for lip balm. Just a rumor mind ya.

Either a copy paste, or a personal insult. Take your pick. I'll bet on the latter.

And where do I pick up my prize?

It's not even fun anymore when you can already guess the expected response. Which is why I'm on the sidelines now looking in and still laughing, sharing some of these responses with co-workers at the office.

DEVOREFLYER
10-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Share with your co-worker's your experience with the "Grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence". That should be good for a laugh ya think, I heard it's be cause of fertilizer. Is that true?????????

Jfishy
10-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Share with your co-worker's your experience with the "Grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence". That should be good for a laugh ya think, I heard it's be cause of fertilizer. Is that true?????????

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/english-grammar-for-dummies-cheat-sheet0.html

Learn it, love it, live it!!!!

DarkShadow
10-30-2013, 02:09 PM
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/english-grammar-for-dummies-cheat-sheet0.html

Learn it, love it, live it!!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't understand one word is his rebuttal.

See what happens when they don't copy and paste?

Jfishy
10-30-2013, 02:14 PM
I honestly thought it was some kind of inside joke I was missing....Knowing that it's not, makes it that much sadder.

DarkShadow
10-30-2013, 02:17 PM
I honestly thought it was some kind of inside joke I was missing....

Uh oh.

Be prepared to feel the wrath from Devore and get called a French poodle.

If you want some REAL entertainment, mosey on over to the General Discussion section.

etucker1959
10-30-2013, 02:47 PM
Uh oh.

If you want some REAL entertainment, mosey on over to the General Discussion section.

He has more then one French poodle!!!!!!! I feel so cheap!!!!!!!

etucker1959
10-30-2013, 02:57 PM
I hope you guy's know, that I'm laughing my arse off over these exchange of comments!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jfishy
10-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Uh oh.

Yeah, so I checked out the "open your eye's" thread and I was actually embarrassed for him. Lady Quagga thoroughly destroyed him and the best comeback he could muster was a "bite me". If I ever had my *** handed to me like that on a forum I might just sign off the internet forever in shame....

etucker1959
10-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Yeah, so I checked out the "open your eye's" thread and I was actually embarrassed for him. Lady Quagga thoroughly destroyed him and the best comeback he could muster was a "bite me". If I ever had my *** handed to me like that on a forum I might just sign off the internet forever in shame....

We could only hope!!!!!!!!!!

gogreeenz4
10-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Hey DS,

Knock Knock

etucker1959
10-30-2013, 03:31 PM
We could only hope!!!!!!!!!!

Just Kidding. (Sarcasm)

HawgZWylde
10-30-2013, 03:40 PM

Just like The Others.

Bwahaha, poor lefty, you hate the copy and paste because you can't argue or ridicule FACTS. Where's YOUR rebuttal of the FACTUAL articles presented to you? And tucky couldn't answer a single question ask of him if his life depended on it. We've written plenty of our own thoughts and analysis, but mindless rhetorical ridicule hidden behind sarcastic humor is all you can muster. Tough thinking with your head stuck behind a zipper eh DS? Why all the copy and paste as of late? Because it shut your wanna-be intellect pie holes from spewing a bunch of meaningless flatulence based BS rhetoric. Facts don't lie, leftist liberal lunatics do. Who are you more-ons to decide a persons ability to post thoughts? Are you the intellect police? So are you saying that the only folks entitled to an opinion on policy has to be a political science professor? An econ professor? A lawyer? That's mighty elitist of you sonny boy. Too bad you lefties are going to be eating crow in the real near future and we are going to enjoy every second of it. What comes around goes around...

Jfishy
10-30-2013, 03:47 PM
Bwahaha, poor lefty, you hate the copy and paste because you can't argue or ridicule FACTS. Where's YOUR rebuttal of the FACTUAL articles presented to you? And tucky couldn't answer a single question ask of him if his life depended on it. We've written plenty of our own thoughts and analysis, but mindless rhetorical ridicule hidden behind sarcastic humor is all you can muster. Tough thinking with your head stuck behind a zipper eh DS? Why all the copy and paste as of late? Because it shut your wanna-be intellect pie holes from spewing a bunch of meaningless flatulence based BS rhetoric. Facts don't lie, leftist liberal lunatics do. Who are you more-ons to decide a persons ability to post thoughts? Are you the intellect police? So are you saying that the only folks entitled to an opinion on policy has to be a political science professor? An econ professor? A lawyer? That's mighty elitist of you sonny boy. Too bad you lefties are going to be eating crow in the real near future and we are going to enjoy every second of it. What comes around goes around...

You must be part of the DV circle jerk.

By the was its "moron" not "more-on"....

HawgZWylde
10-30-2013, 03:50 PM

Destroyed him with what? Rhetorical ridicule? Ya, that sure takes a lot of intellect eh fishy? Lol, only a brain-dead liberal would think that. Hey, at least he puts it out there instead of lurking in dark shadows with their zippers down...

etucker1959
10-30-2013, 03:56 PM
It is an interesting Fact, if you drew a line and put a mark in the middle of the line. You would have people here on FNN, who tend to believe in right wing politics and other's who tend to believe in more left wing politics. Yet only the Right wing believers tend to use the cut/paste tactics to further their arguments. I wonder Why????????

HawgZWylde
10-30-2013, 04:13 PM
You must be part of the DV circle jerk.

By the was its "moron" not "more-on"....

I know how to spell it, some filters don't allow it so it's just as easy to spell it that way. Hey, you got the message, right? Do we have a new spelling NAZI here now? No, I'm not part of anyone's "circle", jerk. I have my own thoughts and analysis, and say it like it is. I sincerely hope you don't have a problem with that and if you do, TFB. Do I personally know Dev, yes I do, got a problem with that? He's a good, intelligent dude who knows business and markets better than most here and certainly better than any liberal here. So, if you are soooo smart, join in on one of the "general discussion" political threads and show your metal, if you got the guts. Or are you just a lurker?

Jfishy
10-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Destroyed him with what? Rhetorical ridicule? Ya, that sure takes a lot of intellect eh fishy? Lol, only a brain-dead liberal would think that. Hey, at least he puts it out there instead of lurking in dark shadows with their zippers down...

You were all over that thread getting owned as well and the best you two could come up with were dick jokes. You know he got owned, you know you got owned, now just man up and admit it. By the way you know ZERO about my politics. I'm a LIBERTARIAN not some brainwashed, Glenn Beck following "more-on" (as you like to spell it). You and the rest of your kool-aid drinking ilk and the fake republicans you support are killing what is left of your party. You want to know whats wrong with this country? People like you that can't and won't think for themselves. Do everyone a favor and stick to topics you know something about and stop removing all doubt that the current republican party is a bunch of "more-ons". That goes double for DV you people are an embarrassment.

etucker1959
10-30-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm calling your BS on this one. You ask me not to respond to your posts and vice versa, WHICH I DID!!!!!! You on the other hand, can't seem to help yourself, either by responding to my post's or calling me out by name. This reminds me of what the Vietcong did in Cambodia. They would be all nice and safe while they were in Cambodia. At night they would sneak across the border into Vietnam and then attack the American positions. As soon as their raid was over, they then would sneak back across the border back into Cambodia, where they would be safe again. The American GI's nick name for the Vietcong was Charlie. Since you are using the same tactics as the Vietcong. I'm giving you a new nick name, Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkShadow
10-30-2013, 04:37 PM

2 for 2!

I'm on a roll! I should wager some money on the Cardinals to lose tonight.

Hey DS,

Knock Knock

Who's there?

OH, The Huddleston Newsletter today in your email? I bet profits are in your future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXidRFFKUWc

You had your candy today, GoGurt?

DockRat
10-30-2013, 11:18 PM
Oh boy, what a fun read. Keep it up Devore and he might get to 50 post's.
It's funny how he reads the GD board but doesn't reply. Did he vote for Rosanne Barr ? What was this thread about ? Oh yah, the seal that stole the DoDo.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g182/HotHilaryDuff/Celebrity%20GIFs/JessicaBiel-MiddleFingerShort.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/HotHilaryDuff/media/Celebrity%20GIFs/JessicaBiel-MiddleFingerShort.gif.html)

F*** those seals. Calif could easily kill off 250,000 seals to help fish populations. Those pigs eat 10 - 20 lbs a day. Bring back seal skin coats and do some wildlife management DFW. Channel Islands are covered with then. All they do is eat and sleep and crap.
DR

Seal skin coats are nice.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g109/mssmaryv77/newfoundland8.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/mssmaryv77/media/newfoundland8.jpg.html)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/ctleary60/santa%20barbara%20island/5749ad3d.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/ctleary60/media/santa%20barbara%20island/5749ad3d.jpg.html)

rodless5
10-31-2013, 02:59 AM
I will never stand at the rail again with my prized catch.

DEVOREFLYER
10-31-2013, 04:47 AM
I will never stand at the rail peeing again.:Shocked:

HawgZWylde
10-31-2013, 06:40 AM
Hey anybody else smell that foul odor in the air here? You know, when I fish DVL if there is a large school of Stripey around I can smell a kinda sweet fish smell, I know they're in the area. Same for LMB except the smell is a little "mustier". One day when fishing Skinner I pulled up a rod someone had lost and it was covered in Quagga. Sometimes if it's a good reel, it can be cleaned up and reused so I took it home and set it on the table in my backyard to clean it up the next day, well I went out the next day and there was a horrible smell emanating from the Quaggas, really a foul smell. Kinda exactly like what I'm smelling here on this thread...

DEVOREFLYER
10-31-2013, 07:18 AM
Are ya sayin' that da Quagga has gone undercover. I mean that's her MO going under the covers. Boy I think your right something smells FISHY, ya put your finger on it. You need to go wash your finger now.

cutbait
10-31-2013, 07:22 AM
So Jfishy is Quagga?

Ah, I could go on.. Nevermind, I don't have the energy

DarkShadow
10-31-2013, 08:45 AM
So Jfishy is Quagga?

Ah, I could go on.. Nevermind, I don't have the energy

Well from the looks of it, anybody who thinks Devore is a few hooks short of an umbrella rig, Hawgz assumes is an alter ego of Quagga. (Because it's not possible for anybody to have a dissenting opinion without them being LQ in disguise, you know this CutBait.)

Only thing I smell around here is the sweet smell of paranoia.

HawgZWylde
10-31-2013, 09:26 AM
Well from the looks of it, anybody who thinks Devore is a few hooks short of an umbrella rig, Hawgz assumes is an alter ego of Quagga. (Because it's not possible for anybody to have a dissenting opinion without them being LQ in disguise, you know this CutBait.)

Only thing I smell around here is the sweet smell of paranoia.

Bwahahaha, paranoid of Quagga? Of you? Not in a million years. Denial, just like your denier-in-chief pResident. No matter how bad they fail, they always deny and point their fingers at someone else. Sweet smell? Only you could love the foul smell of decaying Quaggas...

Jfishy
10-31-2013, 11:00 AM
Oh boy, what a fun read. Keep it up Devore and he might get to 50 post's.
It's funny how he reads the GD board but doesn't reply. Did he vote for Rosanne Barr ? What was this thread about ? Oh yah, the seal that stole the DoDo.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g182/HotHilaryDuff/Celebrity%20GIFs/JessicaBiel-MiddleFingerShort.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/HotHilaryDuff/media/Celebrity%20GIFs/JessicaBiel-MiddleFingerShort.gif.html)

F*** those seals. Calif could easily kill off 250,000 seals to help fish populations. Those pigs eat 10 - 20 lbs a day. Bring back seal skin coats and do some wildlife management DFW. Channel Islands are covered with then. All they do is eat and sleep and crap.
DR

Seal skin coats are nice.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g109/mssmaryv77/newfoundland8.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/mssmaryv77/media/newfoundland8.jpg.html)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/ctleary60/santa%20barbara%20island/5749ad3d.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/ctleary60/media/santa%20barbara%20island/5749ad3d.jpg.html)

What are you the third member of the circle jerk? Can DV not handle his own business? Does she need you and that other more-on to fight her battles for her?

Jfishy
10-31-2013, 11:02 AM
Are ya sayin' that da Quagga has gone undercover. I mean that's her MO going under the covers. Boy I think your right something smells FISHY, ya put your finger on it. You need to go wash your finger now.

So what is it DV you had to call the circle jerk crew in because you couldn't handle me? Your silly little jokes are falling flat and your showing your *** to everyone. Embarrassed for yourself and your girls yet?

Jfishy
10-31-2013, 11:05 AM
Hey anybody else smell that foul odor in the air here? You know, when I fish DVL if there is a large school of Stripey around I can smell a kinda sweet fish smell, I know they're in the area. Same for LMB except the smell is a little "mustier". One day when fishing Skinner I pulled up a rod someone had lost and it was covered in Quagga. Sometimes if it's a good reel, it can be cleaned up and reused so I took it home and set it on the table in my backyard to clean it up the next day, well I went out the next day and there was a horrible smell emanating from the Quaggas, really a foul smell. Kinda exactly like what I'm smelling here on this thread...

You boys sure like to pick on the girls. Typical and expected. Are you sure that smell isn't your upper lip?

DarkShadow
10-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Bwahahaha, paranoid of Quagga? Of you? Not in a million years. Denial, just like your denier-in-chief pResident. No matter how bad they fail, they always deny and point their fingers at someone else. Sweet smell? Only you could love the foul smell of decaying Quaggas...

Hmm...yet, you post this soliloquy?

Gotcha, Hamlet. No paranoia. Maybe just a strange attraction to him/her and their smell, considering from what you've written, you obviously remember it fondly.

DEVOREFLYER
10-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Not quite as fondly as you do rumor has it. Got the smell off yet??????? Or did ya have to take a wide spectrum antibiotic.

DarkShadow
10-31-2013, 03:58 PM
Not quite as fondly as you do rumor has it. Got the smell off yet??????? Or did ya have to take a wide spectrum antibiotic.

With witty and knee slappin' responses like these, you wonder why Devo needs back up?

DockRat
10-31-2013, 08:57 PM
What are you the third member of the circle jerk? Can DV not handle his own business? Does she need you and that other more-on to fight her battles for her?

No, I'm just talking about the current overpopulation of seals. I have a boat sitting at Terminal Island. Every time I go out they hang out and wait to steal a fish. Previous years hooping they tear up bait and nets. You must use bait cages for this problem. Just wait for natures cure, STARVATION. All we need is a year that lacks bait, mackerel ext and they will be washing up on So Cal beaches dead. When I dove Santa Barbara Island years ago they were as thick as the pic I posted. Newport Harbor has had problem, they have sunk boats, people on moorings put up netting to keep them off. I was fishing on anchor off PV this year and had one trying to board my boat. Had to yell and flap my arms to keep it off.

It is legal to shoot them with paint ball guns or a slingshot when they bother you.

Massive die off coming in the next few years, believe it.
We need more big sharks.
DR
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv157/MistressAndromeda808/Sorting%20Box/67188-Shark-do-not-consume-if-seal-i-uP6a.png (http://media.photobucket.com/user/MistressAndromeda808/media/Sorting%20Box/67188-Shark-do-not-consume-if-seal-i-uP6a.png.html)

Jfishy
11-01-2013, 03:04 PM
No, I'm just talking about the current overpopulation of seals. I have a boat sitting at Terminal Island. Every time I go out they hang out and wait to steal a fish. Previous years hooping they tear up bait and nets. You must use bait cages for this problem. Just wait for natures cure, STARVATION. All we need is a year that lacks bait, mackerel ext and they will be washing up on So Cal beaches dead. When I dove Santa Barbara Island years ago they were as thick as the pic I posted. Newport Harbor has had problem, they have sunk boats, people on moorings put up netting to keep them off. I was fishing on anchor off PV this year and had one trying to board my boat. Had to yell and flap my arms to keep it off.

It is legal to shoot them with paint ball guns or a slingshot when they bother you.

Massive die off coming in the next few years, believe it.
We need more big sharks.
DR
http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv157/MistressAndromeda808/Sorting%20Box/67188-Shark-do-not-consume-if-seal-i-uP6a.png (http://media.photobucket.com/user/MistressAndromeda808/media/Sorting%20Box/67188-Shark-do-not-consume-if-seal-i-uP6a.png.html)

Well, that's not exactly how you started off your post but let’s not dwell on that.

For the record I get what you’re saying, I know populations needs to be thinned out, I know they are nuisances to you guys lucky enough to have boats docked, and I have had my fair share of fish stolen by them. The only reason I made my comment to DV is that there have been stories running for the last two weeks about dead sea lions washing up in Malibu with gunshot wounds.

I have been fishing and shooting literally since I could hold a rod and pull a trigger and I have never seen the kind of pressure we are seeing now from groups trying to close off fishing grounds, and strip 2A rights. Joking or not, posting about shooting sea lions on a public forum reflects badly on both fishermen and gunnies at a time when we can hardly afford any more negative press.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/10/sea-lions-getting-shot-along-malibu-coast/

HawgZWylde
11-01-2013, 06:28 PM
You boys sure like to pick on the girls. Typical and expected. Are you sure that smell isn't your upper lip?

Anonymity is a funny thing, can't tell who is who. How do you KNOW it's a girl? I can tell you what it's not, a "Lady"...