PDA

View Full Version : Sarl skunk

jarheadbill
10-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Had a early morning session at Sarl 10/27/13. super low water levels by the way this was my first time ever fishing there, was using pretty much a perfect 2lb test rig with salmon eggs and power bait and some mouse tails .. Didn't even get a nibble . I tried all depths and still nothing ... Apperently I wasn't the only one getting the shaft every angler I ran into was skunked. On my way home I walking past the cleaning station. So I guy with a decent sized 1.5 lb trout and another dude with a cat ... I thought they were going to have at the first big stocking of trout ????? Also I counted at least 5 dead trout floating around the lake.. Let's see if next time will bump up my hopes for Sarl ......

EfrenM
10-28-2013, 08:15 AM
I was there too on my float tube the water is still too warm 68 and I saw more than 5 trout dead on the middle of the lake

jaggerbub
10-28-2013, 08:26 AM
I also fished it for a skunk on sunday. Water was warm to the touch. I'll hold off for another two or three stockings before returning. Hopefully the water level will be up and the water temp will be down. There hasn't been updated photos on their site since the stocking. That should be a sign of how things are going. If you hit the lakes on stocking day, you will get an easy limit. I personally don't care to fish with the zoo on stocking day though.

luckyjr21
10-28-2013, 09:11 AM
I was there Saturday too for the same results , water seems way too warm we counted at least 15 trout belly up from shore .

Rot8
10-28-2013, 09:47 AM
I was there Saturday too for the same results , water seems way too warm we counted at least 15 trout belly up from shore .

Thanks for heads-up. I was itching to go, but now you saved me some money. I will be patient and wait until proper trout temperatures arrive.

etucker1959
10-28-2013, 10:15 AM
My friend Jared went fishing Friday night and I went Saturday night. We caught no trout, but about 10 catfish from the middle of the lake from a boat. The catfish are still there if you want to target them.

Rot8
10-28-2013, 09:02 PM
My friend Jared went fishing Friday night and I went Saturday night. We caught no trout, but about 10 catfish from the middle of the lake from a boat. The catfish are still there if you want to target them.

Good job on the catch, but I am just a trout guy. Tight lines!