PDA

View Full Version : Report 10/24/13, and a Rant

eah
10-25-2013, 09:46 AM
My wife and I were on the water at about 0730 hrs. we were off at 1645. One LMB , about 2lbs. Wonderful day, no wind glassy, cold and fog early, warm late. The water ran about 68 degrees, and is clear enough to see down 20 plus feet in most places. At some point trout were stocked, and they were corralled at the ramp when we left. I spoke to several fellas as we got our boats ready to go home. Most had as slow a day as we did. I was told one man did well using trout type large jigs, another did well with Alabama rig. It sounded like all the fish these fells saw caught, were cookie cutters at about 2 lbs.
I enjoy fishing DMV, but I wish, the lake personnel appreciated the public enough to make the whole experience pleasurable.

The north side on water outhouse (#2 I think) is out of service. It was out of service a month ago when we were last at DMV. Maybe it has been fixed and broken again, but I doubt that is the case. Someone can correct me and I will not be hurt. The on water facilities on the south side of the lake, were a mess, but mostly because some boaters act like they can throw trash for others to pick up. I imagine that on the water facilities must be a chore to maintain, but that is no excuse for the port-a-pots in the parking lot.

In my life I have helped put on many community events, Fairs, Rodeos, Meetings, Etc. Whenever Pot-a-Pots were used, we had to have daily service. DMV should have clean facilities even if they are not required to have clean facilities. I take my wife and grandsons fishing at DMV. My wife and I overlook the mess, but little boys get a bad feeling about our sport based on the “Crappy” way the restroom facilities are maintained. Come on DMV operators, you can do better.

ben0606
10-26-2013, 09:55 AM
thanks for the post, way to avoid the skunk too! it really was a nice day to be on the water. that bathroom has been out of order the past month every time ive been there.