PDA

View Full Version : Berkley and Penn under new ownership

sonarbp
04-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Here is the scoop guys......kinda!!!!!

Coleman's parent buys fishing equipment company

The Coleman Co.'s New York-based parent company announced Tuesday it will purchase Pure Fishing Inc., a distributor of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels.
Pure Fishing will join Coleman under Jarden Corp.'s Outdoor Solutions segment.

Jarden says Pure Fishing had 2006 revenue of more than $250 million. The purchase price included $300 million in cash.

Pure Fishing is marketed under the fishing brands Abu Garcia, Berkley, Mitchell, Stren, Trilene and Gulp.

Gary A. Kiedaisch is president of Jarden Outdoor Solutions.

WAIT IT GETS BETTER........

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big News to the fishing industry!!!!!

Jarden, which is the parent company of Coleman and now Pure fishing, just aquired K2 marine brands which is the parent company of PENN!!!!

Do I smell a MONOPOLY?

sonarbp

uandme
04-26-2007, 04:30 PM
wow! 1 company to rule them all. can you say "PWNED!"

JimyLee
04-29-2007, 08:40 PM
:?
As someone that uses coleman camping gear I only have the following to offer.

Coleman camping gear... purely moderate quality at best. Don't buy them cause they are good, just because they are the only ones that make some of the stuff.

Coleman quality in fishing gear... (shudder) I sincerely hope the parent company allows Penn to maintain their level of quality. High quality at a high price is OK with me when I have the cash. Medium quality at a medium price? Well, we already have... never mind, I'll be nice.

I hated it when HP bought out Compaq. Guess I'm just not a big fan of mergers.

kingjester13
04-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Pure Fishing is marketed under the fishing brands Abu Garcia, Berkley, Mitchell, Stren, Trilene and Gulp. [/quote]

You forgot Fenwick on the Pure list. Well let's see how long before they buy zebco :lol: and corner the market or is that already a coleman brand???

KJ13 8)

Hitts0n
04-30-2007, 07:50 AM
8)