PDA

View Full Version : Speeding ticket on DVL

prankster13
10-24-2013, 04:15 AM
I guess I didn't read the rules of the lake because I got a speeding ticket on the lake yesterday. 25mph on DVL. The good news is I caught some bass on a spinner bait back in the coves. The price we pay for having fun. Oh by the way, it was a $75 fine so keep an eye out for the Park Ranger, he usually parks his vehicle on the launch ramp side ways. I didn't put all that together until I got the ticket and remember seeing his truck at the ramp when I launched. Have fun and slow down.....lol!

noleash
10-24-2013, 07:14 AM
http://youtu.be/WSCw2iIuV1A
I guess I didn't read the rules of the lake because I got a speeding ticket on the lake yesterday. 25mph on DVL. The good news is I caught some bass on a spinner bait back in the coves. The price we pay for having fun. Oh by the way, it was a $75 fine so keep an eye out for the Park Ranger, he usually parks his vehicle on the launch ramp side ways. I didn't put all that together until I got the ticket and remember seeing his truck at the ramp when I launched. Have fun and slow down.....lol!

Micropterus salmoides
10-24-2013, 08:33 AM
I was there when I heard the siren went off and he was hailing you to turn off your vessel. Everyone was scratching their heads asking why he stopped you.

Stormcrow
10-24-2013, 11:18 AM
I think that is such B.S.....If they are going to enforce it, do it all the time. When I'm shooting around that lake I'm doing 75 most of the time. Of course, that is during the week.

I suppose they only want to enforce the rules when they need to make an example of someone.

C&R Bassin
10-24-2013, 02:44 PM

Do you think it had something to do with the fog, also noticed you had no navigation lights up either. Speeding in fog with no nav lights is a good reason for a ticket.

P.A.W.
10-24-2013, 06:56 PM
I think that is such B.S.....If they are going to enforce it, do it all the time. When I'm shooting around that lake I'm doing 75 most of the time. Of course, that is during the week.

I suppose they only want to enforce the rules when they need to make an example of someone.

Yah, that works well with the children at the school I work at. Nail one or two in front of others and the bad behavior stops or slows considerably. Skinner used to be a nice quiet lake until they stopped patrolling. Now the 10mph limit is more like 40. Can't wait for the patrols to start up again.

GdHkSet1
10-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Yah, that works well with the children at the school I work at. Nail one or two in front of others and the bad behavior stops or slows considerably. Skinner used to be a nice quiet lake until they stopped patrolling. Now the 10mph limit is more like 40. Can't wait for the patrols to start up again.

PAW no more 1000-1030 lale loops anymore, you used to time the man to come around back in the ol skinner days-clockwork.