PDA

View Full Version : Great sale on waders! less than 1 hr. left to buy

dkinla
10-23-2013, 10:12 PM
http://sierratradingpost.com/waders~d~243/

save additional 40% off the sale price on waders (or any other sale items) with key code at checkout: SFBWD10413

code is supposed to expire at 10:59 PDT.... but it may last longer??? not sure...

sorry didn't see this deal sooner, but maybe a few of you FNNers will see this deal and jump in....

some new waders for the upcoming winter surf fishing season will be nice for some of you I'm sure :Wink:

take a look around and you can get addt'l 40% off sale price of any other sale items they have (Clearance items are excluded)... looks like they have plenty of clothing/fly rods&reels/etc.

for instance, you could get this pair for $46.xx + shipping after an addt'l 40% off: http://sierratradingpost.com/frogg-toggs-stocking-foot-waders-canyon-waterproof-breathable-for-men~p~72981/

update: supposedly free shipping on orders over $100 if you use the SierraTradingPost app on iPhone or Android.

**code expired**

luckyjr21
10-24-2013, 08:56 AM
thanks dkinla , got me a pair for the trout season,great deal

dkinla
10-24-2013, 02:05 PM
thanks dkinla , got me a pair for the trout season,great deal

well I'm glad at least one FNNer was able to see my post before the code expired! :LOL:

midgettosser1
10-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Pretty bummed I missed it. I was actually in the market for new waders and was looking online yesterday. Oh well.

Good to meet you last Saturday.

E.A.R.G.
10-24-2013, 03:25 PM
wait a couple weeks, sierra trading post has 40 percent off coupons very often!

E.A.R.G.
10-24-2013, 05:07 PM
sales back on!!! coupon code is EB102213B

jplee3
10-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Which waders do you guys recommend? I read the thread by Wingnut but it seems like there are still so many options to choose from. I love surf fishing but shopping for waders just intimidates me. Any suggestions for a waders noob?

skunked4life
10-28-2013, 10:54 AM
Go with boot foot waders for your first pair. They are really user friendly. I do not know enough about any one company to suggest any one over another, but I would go with the cheapest pair with the best warranty and customer service. That way, you know that you will get at least a year's worth out of them. For instance, if you buy a pair that has a 1 year warranty and good customer service reviews and pay around $60 to $80 on sale (look at the link above), You end up with paying a little over $5 to $7 a month for that pair to see what the benefits are. Then, you can invest more money next year with a little bit more confidence and knowledge in what you want to look for. It is all a matter of personal taste.

If you end up getting boot foot waders though, here is a tip that I have not seen posted before: Place some t-shirts (rolled up) into the boot part and let the boot widen for a day or so before use. When the area where the seam of the waders meet the actual boot rub up against your shins, it will rub them raw. I have scabs and scars to show for this. Still, I love the comfort and ease of boot foot waders.

Skunked4life

seal
10-28-2013, 11:06 AM
I disagree completely with bootfoot waders, they generally suck. Usually very uncomfortable boots you are better off buying stocking foot and using a cheap pair of high tops that fit you right if you don't want to buy wading boots. But make sure the pair you buy have gators attached or have the separate gators included.

As far as type well it's the usual, you pay for what you get. Cheap pair of waders possibly quicker to leak, most prefer breathable material over neoprene or the other thicker material, primarily once again for comfort, you won't sweat as much in them and in cold water you just layer up with long underwear or sweats.

skunked4life
10-28-2013, 11:28 AM
I disagree completely with bootfoot waders, they generally suck.

It's good to be the devil's advocate to allow the audience information to base their decisions on. My reply was simply based upon the fact that this person was a first time purchaser. For all first timers, unless money is no object, it becomes an experiment as to whether the product will be a good fit. I would much rather pay $5 - $8 bucks a month in order to experiment before making the big plunge. Generally, my boot foot waders are very comfortable.

BTW - this is dkinla's bargain post and I do not intend to reply beyond this post. If you, JPlee, or anyone else would like advice or clarification, please pm.

P.S. Great original post Dkinla - those are/were some great prices and selection especially for first timers. Thanks.

seal
10-28-2013, 11:34 AM
It's good to be the devil's advocate to allow the audience information to base their decisions on. My reply was simply based upon the fact that this person was a first time purchaser. For all first timers, unless money is no object, it becomes an experiment as to whether the product will be a good fit. I would much rather pay $5 - $8 bucks a month in order to experiment before making the big plunge. Generally, my boot foot waders are very comfortable.

BTW - this is dkinla's bargain post and I do not intend to reply beyond this post. If you, JPlee, or anyone else would like advice or clarification, please pm.

P.S. Great original post Dkinla - those are/were some great prices and selection especially for first timers. Thanks.

BTW - I was just voicing my opinion just like you.

P.S. - We all enjoy Dkinla posts, I used his post just recently to get a fantastic buy and thanked him for it.

P.S.S. - Advice on buying waders? I've gone thru more waders than I care to admit to, just tossed probably 6 pairs that have accumulated and still have more that I THINK might be reparable. My advice is save your pennies and buy a good pair, that advice is based on thousands of dollars spent on waders, experience is the best teacher.

Wingnut
10-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Dale (Seal), do you use your waders for surf fishing? I think you're a float tuber right? :Wink: Float tubers should definitely go with stocking foot. Kinda hard getting those fins over the boots. :LOL:

Anybody who has "experience" surf fishing will probably agree that boot foot waders is the way to go... unless you like dealing with sand/gravel in your boots from the stocking foot waders. :mad:

But to each his own...

seal
10-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Dale (Seal), do you use your waders for surf fishing? I think you're a float tuber right? :Wink: Float tubers should definitely go with stocking foot. Kinda hard getting those fins over the boots. :LOL:

Anybody who has "experience" surf fishing will probably agree that boot foot waders is the way to go... unless you like dealing with sand/gravel in your boots from the stocking foot waders. :mad:

But to each his own...

Actually I have done my share of surf fishing but being that I'm an old surf rat 60 degree water doesn't really bother me too much but winter time yes waders are necessary gets a bit nipply out there!

Didn't notice a type of fishing mentioned in the posts so wasn't thinking surf fishing, should have put 2 and 2 together since it was Skunked4life, but you know me I'm just a pain in the rear, lol!

Wingnut
10-28-2013, 12:08 PM
Actually I have done my share of surf fishing but being that I'm an old surf rat 60 degree water doesn't really bother me too much but winter time yes waders are necessary gets a bit nipply out there!

Didn't notice a type of fishing mentioned in the posts so wasn't thinking surf fishing, should have put 2 and 2 together since it was Skunked4life, but you know me I'm just a pain in the rear, lol!

Nah, you're not so bad Dale... now go give somebody a hard time that "deserves" it in the General Section. :Big Smile:

dkinla
10-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Ok here's a decent, no frills wader that's not too expensive.. And a few good ratings too.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Dry-Plus8482-Packable-Stockingfoot-Waders/1316416.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3FWTz_l%3DHeade r%25253BSearch-All%252BProducts%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26form_state% 3DsearchForm%26fsch%3Dtrue%26N%3D0%26y%3D-52%26Ntt%3DMens%252Bwaders%26x%3D-738&Ntt=Mens%2Bwaders&WTz_l=Header%253BSearch-All%2BProducts

I just wear oversized Crocs with my stockingfoot waders. I personally like stockingfoot a better and the Crocs are so dang light and float too. Haha. I recently bought and wear these:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Premium-Dry-Plustrade-Breathable-Stockingfoot-Waders-Waist-High/749394.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26No%3D20 %26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3DMens%252Bwaders%26Ntx %3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%25253 BSearch-All%252BProducts%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26fo rm_state%3DsearchForm%26recordsPerPage%3D20%26sear ch%3DMens%252Bwaders%26searchTypeByFilter%3DAllPro ducts%26x%3D-738%26y%3D-52&Ntt=Mens%2Bwaders&WTz_l=Header%253BSearch-All%2BProducts

Obviously I got them for a better price :LOL:

You can also try on some of the Caddis waders at Sport Chalet to see how you like stockingfoots or bootfoots. You might be able to use a 20% off Sports Authority coupon that floats around pretty often at Sport Chalet since they usually accept competitor coupons.

Gluck.