PDA

View Full Version : Heavywire leadhead jigheads

GdHkSet1
10-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Question on heavywire leadheads, I'm looking to buy some 1/4 and 3/8 oz leadhead jigs (heavywire) in either 2/0 or 3/0 gamakatsu or owner hooks. Any input on these type of hooks-which of the two is better?. I'm striper fishing(fresh) had issues with the ones I have picked up from bps. Is there a gap difference btwn the two manufactures?
Thanks for any input,

d1LedHed
10-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Both are great hooks with about the same gap. Another good hook is the Mustad BLNs - used them up and down Baja. they are cheaper than the Gamakatsu or Owner. I've used all three with Do-Its Shad 9 molds for swimbaits.

Check out jigcraft.com - might find some more input & custom jig makers.

GdHkSet1
10-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Both are great hooks with about the same gap. Another good hook is the Mustad BLNs - used them up and down Baja. they are cheaper than the Gamakatsu or Owner. I've used all three with Do-Its Shad 9 molds for swimbaits.

Check out jigcraft.com - might find some more input & custom jig makers.
Appreciate the 411 on the Mustads BLN's, and the link. I want to buy in bulk somewhere if I can.

d1LedHed
11-05-2013, 08:32 AM
There's several places (on-line) to buy bulk hooks for pouring. Jann's, Barlows, Shorty's, lurepartsonline - even Do-it sells jig hook.

I'm in Riverside if you want to see the differences in the hooks. Also getting rid of some larger Do-it molds & lead.

GdHkSet1
11-12-2013, 06:22 AM
Thanks D1, I'm using either 1/4 or 3/8 4/0 now i picked up from Turners they are holding up so far so good. Barlows and Do-it are good sites.