PDA

View Full Version : Trout Opener

Poseidon
10-23-2013, 01:16 PM
So when is the trout opener?

etucker1959
10-23-2013, 01:30 PM
So when is the trout opener?

Tomorrow is the first stocking of trout in SARL? They use the words opener, pre opener, grand opener, etc etc it's a little confusing with all the terms they use. What ever words they use, there will by trout in SARL tomorrow.

Poseidon
10-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Tomorrow is the first stocking of trout in SARL? They use the words opener, pre opener, grand opener, etc etc it's a little confusing with all the terms they use. What ever words they use, there will by trout in SARL tomorrow.

I feel like it is still to warm for trout

etucker1959
10-23-2013, 01:51 PM
I'll tell you what, if all goes to plan. I will give you a first hand report for Saturday's fishing. The beauty of the whole thing is, we get to fish for both trout and catfish. I know where the catfish are in the lake, including those 35lbs they stocked and nobody caught. It's also been my experience that smaller trout can still do ok in warmer water. Super Trout Forget IT!!!!!!! I've got a story about that if anyone ever want's to hear it.

seal
10-23-2013, 02:31 PM
I'll tell you what, if all goes to plan. I will give you a first hand report for Saturday's fishing. The beauty of the whole thing is, we get to fish for both trout and catfish. I know where the catfish are in the lake, including those 35lbs they stocked and nobody caught. It's also been my experience that smaller trout can still do ok in warmer water. Super Trout Forget IT!!!!!!! I've got a story about that if anyone ever want's to hear it.

Oh please regale me with your stories of warm water super trout, I'm completely rapt with attention!

etucker1959
10-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Oh please regale me with your stories of warm water super trout, I'm completely rapt with attention!
This story happened about 20 years ago at SARL. At the time SARL was the super trout capital of the world, they would boast over 900 super trout a season were caught at their lake. With all the cash their were making they decided to diversify and invest in a bait company called Crave. (You know the one with sex attraction in it.) As a marketing stunt, opening day at SARL you had to bring in two jars of Crave to get in the place. Little did we know SARL stocked 600 super trout for the opening. I guess they wanted to brag about how many super trout were caught on opening day on Crave. Well the water tem was 68 degrees that week. Guess what happened to all 600 Super trout????? Yep they all went belly up before the opener. The opener was still good on 1.5 lbs trout, we caught plenty of them. So in conclusion Super Trout and warm tem don't mix. What ever happened to Crave, it was bought out by Eagle Claw. I haven't seen any of their products lately, so I can only assume they went belly up like the super trout did. lol

ben0606
10-23-2013, 08:09 PM
This story happened about 20 years ago at SARL. At the time SARL was the super trout capital of the world, they would boast over 900 super trout a season were caught at their lake. With all the cash their were making they decided to diversify and invest in a bait company called Crave. (You know the one with sex attraction in it.) As a marketing stunt, opening day at SARL you had to bring in two jars of Crave to get in the place. Little did we know SARL stocked 600 super trout for the opening. I guess they wanted to brag about how many super trout were caught on opening day on crave. Well the water tem was 68 degrees that week. Guess what happened to all 600 Super trout????? Yep they all went belly up before the opener. The opener was still good on 1.5 lbs trout, we caught plenty of them. So in conclusion Super Trout and warm tem don't mix. What ever happened to crave, it was bought out by eagle claw. I haven't seen any of their products lately, so I can only assume they went belly up like the super trout did. lol

Wow lol that's gotta suck seeing all those huge trout floating.

badf1sh
10-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Anyone in line now???

etucker1959
10-24-2013, 12:40 PM
It looks like from the early returns, that the water is not to hot for the trout to bite in. lol