PDA

View Full Version : End of the season in the Eastern SierraS??? Info ASAP

Lake,sHiFter's
10-22-2013, 05:13 PM
If you had to choose 5 or more top lake/streams in the Sierras, what would they be? Im leaving up to the sierras and only have two days to fish, I plan on getting a boat for one day but not sure what lakes are hot ($$$$any good deals on boats, lol), Crowley, Convict, or June loop etc. (What lake would you choose on a boat for a day)? Im trying to hit a lot of different lakes and streams since I've only been up there once and trying to find out more spots just cause the fall season is changing the fish pattern. If you have been to the Sierras recently please feel free to share some input, i'm not really a bait fisherman so i'm only throwing jigs and plastics (Barblesss BTW). OR if there any streams that are good please help another fishing addict out lol, everyone knows that the sierras can be tough if you dont know where your going which can only lead to a waist of day light looking for spots (well at least for my personal experience plus fighting the wind hahhaha what an experience hahahha). Thanks

AngryAgent
10-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Slow down your presentation. I always go lighter on my jigs. 1/64ths

DEVOREFLYER
10-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Upper Owens river above Crowley for the win, the Brownies are moving up the river from Crowley to spawn.

Lake,sHiFter's
10-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Upper Owens river above Crowley for the win, the Brownies are moving up the river from Crowley to spawn.

I was hoping that was gona b a score lol thanks for the info ive never been there and after watching all the video on youtube im super excited.

Lake,sHiFter's
10-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Any good spots you recommend??? @AngryAgent

DEVOREFLYER
10-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Check the DFW regs as special limits, artificial/barbless and areas are in effect on the Upper Owens.

Marley
10-22-2013, 09:40 PM
5 top lakes/streams:

Crowley from a boat, if the landing is still open. Special regs but worth it.
Upper Owens for a trophy. Probably a quality-not-quantity venture, this.
Silver Lake.
Grant lake.
For numbers, Virginia (either one or both), North Lake, Lake Mary, Pleasant Valley

I would pull a Mirashad or Rapala 100 yards back of the slow-moving boat, definitely set up a drift or two with half nightcrawlers, maybe a rainbow metalflake Power Worm (or one of Smitty's). Anchor up just inside of a dropoff and soak a worm off the bottom, maybe hang one off the top, too. Mealworms should be inhaled quickly, too. Red Salmon eggs if fishing stockers in anything moving.

OK, that's more than five, but I have the same problem narrowing down the list. Take a camera for the scenery, dress for real cold. Whack 'em!

HBAR
10-22-2013, 09:59 PM
5 top lakes/streams:

Crowley from a boat, if the landing is still open. Special regs but worth it.
Upper Owens for a trophy. Probably a quality-not-quantity venture, this.
Silver Lake.
Grant lake.
For numbers, Virginia (either one or both), North Lake, Lake Mary, Pleasant Valley

I would pull a Mirashad or Rapala 100 yards back of the slow-moving boat, definitely set up a drift or two with half nightcrawlers, maybe a rainbow metalflake Power Worm (or one of Smitty's). Anchor up just inside of a dropoff and soak a worm off the bottom, maybe hang one off the top, too. Mealworms should be inhaled quickly, too. Red Salmon eggs if fishing stockers in anything moving.

OK, that's more than five, but I have the same problem narrowing down the list. Take a camera for the scenery, dress for real cold. Whack 'em!

Was up there labor day weekend (drove by) crowley is so low that one cove right by 395 was almost completely dry, Convict had decent amount of water, actually more then what I remember on openers past, as for other spots don't know since I didn't stop

flytyingreloader
10-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Grant Lake might also be a problem due to low water, but that is just a guess--I haven't seen the Lake since early August. I'm heading up tomorrow, undecided as to June or Silver--but the Loop will be my first stop.

hapjap
10-23-2013, 08:23 AM
rush creek can be outstanding too

seal
10-23-2013, 09:26 AM
1. Crowley
2. Crowley
3. I'd go with Crowley
4 and 5 guess?