PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Lake Arrowhead

FishBalls
10-21-2013, 04:22 PM
I have a trip planned for Lake Arrowhead with lake rights in December with the family. Does anyone know if there are any boat rentals that time of year? Any tips on locations and tackle would be greatly appreciated. I have a kayak and float tube but figure it may be too cold. Thanks.

milehi
10-22-2013, 09:13 AM
I have a trip planned for Lake Arrowhead with lake rights in December with the family. Does anyone know if there are any boat rentals that time of year? Any tips on locations and tackle would be greatly appreciated. I have a kayak and float tube but figure it may be too cold. Thanks.

haven't been rentals on arrowhead for over 20 years. people kayak and tube all winter, just have to have the proper gear. can be some real good close to the top trout at that time. no bass there. also in the marina area some good crappie fishing. have a good time, they will check you so have homeowner info

seal
10-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Milehi, um yes bass there. A pretty good smallmouth and LMB population. Maybe you meant that time of the year bass fishing will be difficult.

milehi
10-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Milehi, um yes bass there. A pretty good smallmouth and LMB population. Maybe you meant that time of the year bass fishing will be difficult.

no, that's a bad info

DarkShadow
10-22-2013, 12:21 PM
no, that's a bad info

Yeah Seal!

Bad info.

Bad Seal!

http://www.britannica.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/spotty-seal.jpg

seal
10-22-2013, 04:11 PM
no, that's a bad info

I'm sorry milehi you have confused me further? Are you saying my info. is bad or your info is bad? Do you say there are bass in Arrowhead or are you saying no bass in Arrowhead?

I will simplify it down to YES for bass or NO for bass?

seal
10-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Yeah Seal!

Bad info.

Bad Seal!

http://www.britannica.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/spotty-seal.jpg

Seal hater!

DEVOREFLYER
10-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Seal hater, Quagga lover, go figure. lol

milehi
10-22-2013, 04:35 PM
sorry, trying to help the guy out. we try and keep a low profile when it comes to bass

etucker1959
10-22-2013, 05:36 PM
sorry, trying to help the guy out. we try and keep a low profile when it comes to bass

Green Carp!!!!!!!!

Ifishtoolittle
10-22-2013, 05:41 PM

What for? The lake is already restricted to homeowners anyways and on top of that the body of water is massive!

etucker1959
10-22-2013, 06:13 PM
What for? The lake is already restricted to homeowners anyways and on top of that the body of water is massive!
You've got to protect the lake against those ninjas!! Oh then I woke up.

DEVOREFLYER
10-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Frenchy you will never wake up, your in a comma caused by drinking too much Kool-Aid.:Shocked:.

flyhigh123
10-22-2013, 08:30 PM
trout fishing is good there year round, except summer i get some weird wormy trouts....

small mouth are around but when it gets cold, they run deeper.

I havent really fished there in the winter, and when i do its from the dock, good luck!

seal
10-23-2013, 07:21 AM

Trying to help a guy out by lying to him? This has got to be the most ridiculous example of an overprotective green carp loving devote that I have ever seen on this website, CONGRATULATIONS!

GhettoBasster
10-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Lake Matthews has no bass either.

FishBalls
12-16-2013, 03:52 PM
haven't been rentals on arrowhead for over 20 years. people kayak and tube all winter, just have to have the proper gear. can be some real good close to the top trout at that time. no bass there. also in the marina area some good crappie fishing. have a good time, they will check you so have homeowner info

Awesome thanks. I will plan for some trout, bass, and crappie action.

FishBalls
12-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Milehi, um yes bass there. A pretty good smallmouth and LMB population. Maybe you meant that time of the year bass fishing will be difficult. Thanks for the heads up.

FishBalls
12-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Tight lines. Anywhere else besides the marina that might be productive? Or should we just hit up Big Bear Lake?

flyhigh123
12-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Tight lines. Anywhere else besides the marina that might be productive? Or should we just hit up Big Bear Lake?

you need to be a homeowner or part of the arrowhead association to fish the lake. Even the marina is restricted and can't be fished unless you are part of the association or you are an invited guest of someone living there.

trout was great for me when i was there but that was in the spring. I just casted out a few lines with micetail, hang out in the house and then go out and check the poles every so often.

Smallmouth fishing is great as I mentioned, but you need lake access to get to them.

sumodnb
12-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Lake Matthews has no bass either.

hehehe.....

Viejo
12-26-2013, 09:03 AM
I just casted out a few lines with micetail, hang out in the house and then go out and check the poles every so often.

That's some action packed, skillful fishing there.......:Smile:

flyhigh123
12-26-2013, 11:19 AM
That's some action packed, skillful fishing there.......:Smile:

haha.... on a cold winter's morning, its not bad at all... spring time however, is a different story as the smallies come out to play and i bring my float tube...:D

i normally stay out about an hour at a time waiting for a trout bite, but if it gets slow, i go in. It's not my place and normally im there with my buddies who don't fish so having a beer and hanging out is better then sitting alone waiting for a bite.