PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Cove - Lake Isabella

reservoir dog
10-21-2013, 03:40 PM
I was up at Lake Isabella this weekend only to discover that the Paradise Cove area is all dried up. There is still water at the dam but it is very low. The water was so low that I saw 2 kids no taller than 5' tall walk to the middle of the lake and the water was only chest high. It appears to be no deeper than 4' right now. It's just sad how our environment is being affected.

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p680/cre8tivefishFNN/Isabella_zps9e30e58f.jpeg

cutbait
10-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Your an idiot

reservoir dog
10-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Your an idiot

How so? I know this is your neck of the woods but you think I'm making up this up? The photo is real. I'm just reporting as I see it.

cutbait
10-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Claiming some grand environment on one year of a drought is asinine.

The lake level is maxed out at X percent for faultline issues at the dam. It was built on a faultline and the Army Corp of Eng. reduced the capacity of the lake to x amount. Some reason 35% pops in my mind.

One year of drought in a natural desert and your spewing global warming nonsense that isn't real.

Facts is its a man made reservoir that was never natural and capacity greatly reduced to X amount, led to this. Its Southern California. NO NATURAL LAKES

cutbait
10-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Maybe calling you an idiot was too harsh. I apologize for that

reservoir dog
10-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Well like I said I just reported as I saw it. And even after talking to some locals, they said no rain, no snow, no water. So much for posting a report and then getting blasted. Thanks for the technical explanation as I'm sure you feel much better now.

cutbait
10-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Well like I said I just reported as I saw it. And even after talking to some locals, they said no rain, no snow, no water. So much for posting a report and then getting blasted. Thanks for the technical explanation as I'm sure you feel much better now.

Well facts are facts. Locals or not, my JOB is Kern County water, to a lesser extent California.

I acted rash calling you an idiot, I apologized. Having said that, your still wrong as is your "report"

reservoir dog
10-21-2013, 05:19 PM
:Applause:

Viejo
10-21-2013, 05:45 PM
http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p680/cre8tivefishFNN/Isabella_zps9e30e58f.jpeg

There is no drought across the Western US. Reservoirs are bursting over with excess water in the seven Western states. The Ice Caps at both ends of the earth are growing not melting.
Glaciers in Alaska are getting bigger and not shrinking. Permafrost is not melting and creating havoc across the great Northwest. The Sierra Nevada will have another record year this year for deep snow pack and the glaciers that have all but disappeared are coming back miraculously. The environment is just fine. It's just a momentary aberration. All those people around the world reporting and studying these things are part of a grand conspiracy.

Never mind that we developed the Western US in the wettest 150 years in recorded history and can now see the evidence of droughts lasting three hundred years in tree ring studies. Naw....it's idiotic to think that the environment has any serious issues. If you believe that there just are no issues with the world wide environment, well you just might believe you can fish with powerbait and successfully catch and release viable fish.

goodguy
10-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Claiming some grand environment on one year of a drought is asinine.

The lake level is maxed out at X percent for faultline issues at the dam. It was built on a faultline and the Army Corp of Eng. reduced the capacity of the lake to x amount. Some reason 35% pops in my mind.

One year of drought in a natural desert and your spewing global warming nonsense that isn't real.

Facts is its a man made reservoir that was never natural and capacity greatly reduced to X amount, led to this. Its Southern California. NO NATURAL LAKES

Lake Elsinore is natural... It's the only natural lake we got...

Loye
10-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Viejo thank you for enlightening us. Some people just don't get, other than to alter one of the most fragile ecosystems in the world. or maybe me can look like Florida with ugly, tacky high rises on the beach everywhere.

cutbait
10-22-2013, 01:49 PM

There is no drought across the Western US. Reservoirs are bursting over with excess water in the seven Western states. The Ice Caps at both ends of the earth are growing not melting.
Glaciers in Alaska are getting bigger and not shrinking. Permafrost is not melting and creating havoc across the great Northwest. The Sierra Nevada will have another record year this year for deep snow pack and the glaciers that have all but disappeared are coming back miraculously. The environment is just fine. It's just a momentary aberration. All those people around the world reporting and studying these things are part of a grand conspiracy.

Never mind that we developed the Western US in the wettest 150 years in recorded history and can now see the evidence of droughts lasting three hundred years in tree ring studies. Naw....it's idiotic to think that the environment has any serious issues. If you believe that there just are no issues with the world wide environment, well you just might believe you can fish with powerbait and successfully catch and release viable fish.

I'm not arguing that, one who cannot comprehend.

I factually pointed out Isabella is empty because the dam was reduced to a maximum of 60% capacity.

By the fall of last year it was down to X amount? I think it was 35%. .

With this being a drought year, 35% or whatever percentage it was going into a spring with no snow runoff will drain by this fall..

AS IT IS EMPTY!.

We are talking lake Isabella people, try to stay on topic here

Your all taking a narrow mindset as to the reason why it is empty to push your ideology.

LAKE ISABELLA is empty! YES IT IS!

Because of a drought? ONLY PARTIALLY.

Got it yet?

lease stay on Task here.

No need to bring up Asteroid 2032, or other grand theories.

Jeez, some just don't get it

cutbait
10-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Please reply.

But don't come in blaming a perceived climate change as the end all be all reason.

Because you would be wrong Viejo, LOYE, Reservoir Dog, and anyone who else.

Just be sure to stay on why Isabella is empty. Let's not venture out into the polar ice caps, tundra, sahara desert OK?

etucker1959
10-22-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm not arguing that, one who cannot comprehend.

I factually pointed out Isabella is empty because the dam was reduced to a maximum of 60% capacity.

By the fall of last year it was down to X amount? I think it was 35%. .

With this being a drought year, 35% or whatever percentage it was going into a spring with no snow runoff will drain by this fall..

AS IT IS EMPTY!.

We are talking lake Isabella people, try to stay on topic here

Your all taking a narrow mindset as to the reason why it is empty to push your ideology.

LAKE ISABELLA is empty! YES IT IS!

Because of a drought? ONLY PARTIALLY.

Got it yet?

lease stay on Task here.

No need to bring up Asteroid 2032, or other grand theories.

Jeez, some just don't get it

What is the long term projection of the lake? Is it going to stay like this give or take the rain and snow melt off? Or you mean empty empty like their not going to ever put water in the lake again?

reservoir dog
10-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Please reply.

But don't come in blaming a perceived climate change as the end all be all reason.

Because you would be wrong Viejo, LOYE, Reservoir Dog, and anyone who else.

Just be sure to stay on why Isabella is empty. Let's not venture out into the polar ice caps, tundra, sahara desert OK?

I get your point and I don't doubt your valid information as I'm sure we all appreciate your input. My issue was the fact that you misinterpreted this whole thread. I posted this thread to point out the low water level based on what I observed. Keep in mind I posted this under 'Other Fishing Reports' not 'General Discussion'. This thread was never meant to be environmentally political but you twisted everything around and made it political. I just wanted to give fellow FNN'ers the heads up at Isabella. Then you say my whole report is wrong??? So I was wrong to see the low water level at the dam...I was wrong by witnessing kids walk to the middle of the lake...and I was wrong to see Paradise Cove all dried up? Funny because I don't recall you being there this weekend when I "wrongfully" witnessed these events.

cutbait
10-22-2013, 02:58 PM
I get your point and I don't doubt your valid information as I'm sure we all appreciate your input. My issue was the fact that you misinterpreted this whole thread. I posted this thread to point out the low water level based on what I observed. Keep in mind I posted this under 'Other Fishing Reports' not 'General Discussion'. This thread was never meant to be environmentally political but you twisted everything around and made it political. I just wanted to give fellow FNN'ers the heads up at Isabella. Then you say my whole report is wrong??? So I was wrong to see the low water level at the dam...I was wrong by witnessing kids walk to the middle of the lake...and I was wrong to see Paradise Cove all dried up? Funny because I don't recall you being there this weekend when I "wrongfully" witnessed these events.

Come on? Don't put words in my mouth. You report low levels, no flippin doubt. Then your assumption some grand global warming wreck the environment is the reason.

At that point you were wrong.

Quit playing some sort of victim/ report martar

cutbait
10-22-2013, 03:03 PM
What is the long term projection of the lake? Is it going to stay like this give or take the rain and snow melt off? Or you mean empty empty like their not going to ever put water in the lake again?

Well, I don't think even the ARMY Corp of ENG. Know for sure yet.

Its cost is in the hundreds of millions to repair or rebuild. Without researching it again, ( just trying to remember what I've heard)

By 2016 they are scheduled to have a plan. By 2020 something they hope to have it completed.

So in the 2020's we can again store water to 100% capacity so single or even multiple drought years will not leave us with the mud hole now that has the jump to conclusion crowds worked up so

reservoir dog
10-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Good back and read the original report. I barely touched the subject of the environment. I just mentioned it in my last sentence but the majority of the report said nothing about global warming. You're just trying to cover yourself because you jumped the gun on this one and got your panties in a knot.

cutbait
10-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Good back and read the original report. I barely touched the subject of the environment. I just mentioned it in my last sentence but the majority of the report said nothing about global warming. You're just trying to cover yourself because you jumped the gun on this one and got your panties in a knot.

Yes you "touched" on global warming. You touched and assumed it was the reason. Which is wrong.

Your just parsing words now.

Only regret is calling you an idiot. Though the more you reply with nonsense the less I feel regretful.

cutbait
10-22-2013, 03:12 PM
OK Etuck.

600 million and completed by 2016. (Which means 2020 lol)

http://www.turnto23.com/news/local-news/lake-isabella-dam-project-approved-by-board-of-supervisors

cutbait
10-22-2013, 03:14 PM
I was up at Lake Isabella this weekend only to discover that the Paradise Cove area is all dried up. There is still water at the dam but it is very low. The water was so low that I saw 2 kids no taller than 5' tall walk to the middle of the lake and the water was only chest high. It appears to be no deeper than 4' right now. It's just sad how our environment is being affected.

How the hell would one not gather your blaming the environment on this

reservoir dog
10-22-2013, 03:15 PM
You should never regret anything you say or do, just gotta deal with the outcome. Doesn't bother me you wanna play the name game. I think you just made yourself look like an "idiot."

etucker1959
10-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Yes you "touched" on global warming. You touched and assumed it was the reason. Which is wrong.

Your just parsing words now.

Only regret is calling you an idiot. Though the more you reply with nonsense the less I feel regretful.

Yes calling him an idiot was totally out of line. The only idiot's on here are myself, pcusher and Lady Q. Please keep that straight!!!!!!! lol lol lol

cutbait
10-22-2013, 03:19 PM
You should never regret anything you say or do, just gotta deal with the outcome. Doesn't bother me you wanna play the name game. I think you just made yourself look like at "idiot."

Your right. I gotta deal with it.

Unfortunately I'm the only one on this entire thread that has the facts regarding low levels at Izzy.

etucker1959
10-22-2013, 03:25 PM
OK Etuck.

600 million and completed by 2016. (Which means 2020 lol)

http://www.turnto23.com/news/local-news/lake-isabella-dam-project-approved-by-board-of-supervisors

$600 million!!!!!!! Who's going to pay for it???? lol It's at least for a very good cause!!!!!!

reservoir dog
10-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Personally for me and I'm sure a lot of FNN'ers could agree with this, we don't doubt the knowledge you preach on here and we appreciate all the reports/pics you post up. This is what the site is here for so it's all good no harm no foul.

cutbait
10-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Personally for me and I'm sure a lot of FNN'ers could agree with this, we don't doubt the knowledge you preach on here and we appreciate all the reports/pics you post up. This is what the site is here for so it's all good no harm no foul.

Again, I apologized twice. Do you accept?

Edited to indicate the previous sentence as truce backed not ultimatum backed.

Online tone misleading

Jig-Guy
10-22-2013, 04:31 PM
I lived up close to lake Isabella for 19 years (Ridgecrest). I have seen the lake in this condition in the past. The water in this lake was used for irrigation down in the valley around Bakersfield I think but not sure. I did not even know the surface area was lowered by 35% because of the dam condition. Snow pac must have something to do with the water level at Isabella. I hope the lake gets some water so you all can go fishing.

flytyingreloader
10-22-2013, 04:58 PM
We GREATLY NEED 5-6 years of good, deep snowpack in the Sierras to restore the health of MANY Sierra lakes and their aquifers. Sniping at each other over which agenda is at fault or in play serves no purpose, and ignores the fact that much of the matter is out of our hands. I live in Ridgecrest, and Izzy is my "home water". I am not happy about its current condition, but railing at the other stake holders in the water situation is counter-productive. One historic fact about California water--its amount is always wrong, either way too little or way too much.

reservoir dog
10-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Again, I apologized twice. Do you accept?

Edited to indicate the previous sentence as truce backed not ultimatum backed.

Online tone misleading

Cutbait, I'm not bitter it was just a friendly debate which is why I said no harm no foul. Plus I was giving you props on your knowledge. We're cool!

cutbait
10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Cutbait, I'm not bitter it was just a friendly debate which is why I said no harm no foul. Plus I was giving you props on your knowledge. We're cool!

Cool deal RD.

I will refrain from knee jerk name calling in the future.

reservoir dog
10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
At least I'm not the Star Wars kid...LOL!

fishinone
10-22-2013, 05:38 PM

My first impression was to roll my eyes and dismiss you entirely.

I know about the busted dam and think you should try using something more inteligent to support your unfounded claim. Oh! Did you mean how the invasive lake affected the indigenous reptiles?

This whole save the world from "Global Warming" thing is brilliant! If you take money for stopping something that isn't happening, how can you help but be successful? They should have called it "Glowbull Warming" though.

harlanx1
10-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Weren't they going to use the proceeds generated by high speed rail to pay for the dam repairs. bahahaha lmao

harlanx1
10-22-2013, 05:57 PM
These effing dumacrats crck me the eff up.

TroutOnly
10-22-2013, 06:32 PM
tell the truth carpdink you bako-boys stole all the water out of it again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now can i call you an idiot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tom
10-22-2013, 07:35 PM
most of the LOCALS up there do not know SQUAT.

Tom
10-22-2013, 07:38 PM
You are 100% correct! the lake is this low due to the dam repairs in the future and the leak at the dam. The lake will not be filled untill the repairs are made...JUST like lake Perris