PDA

View Full Version : Season Closer

Joshua
10-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Because I seldom hit the sierras this time of year, I really dont pay attention to the end of the season. I believe most areas close the last day of October, but I also remember some Counties extended the closer a couple weeks.
Can someone provide me with a link to correct information? Really dont want to get a ticket for fishing out of season.
I am pulling my daughter from Jr HS on Nov 1st, taking my 23 month old son and we are heading North. Fishing Nov 1st thru the 3rd.

One of the plans is to hit the Kern for a Day (friday), then run to the Eastern Sierras (Sat and Sunday) depending on what is still open.
Thanks in advance for the information. I know I can go to the DFG website, but it is not user friendly. Too much information and no easy way to find it.

Joshua
10-22-2013, 10:49 AM
I found the information I needed. Mono and Inyo counties are open through second week of November.

AngryAgent
10-22-2013, 11:07 AM
I found the information I needed. Mono and Inyo counties are open through second week of November.

From my understanding the last day to fish is the 20th. I'll be up there from the 15th thru the 19th..

Flying
10-22-2013, 01:42 PM
The last day is Nov. 15 every year.

AngryAgent
10-22-2013, 02:33 PM

You sir are right, but you can fish the East Walker beyond..

IncredibleHuck
10-22-2013, 02:40 PM

That's correct.

In SECTION 8226. (B)

(3) All streams, lakes and reservoirs in Inyo and Mono counties, except those listed by name in the Special Regulations.
Last Saturday in Apr. through Nov. 15.

Joshua
10-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. We may end up staying at the Kern. I checked a report and the fishing was listed as excellent. Plans have changed 3 times in 3 days. Gonna rip some lips somewhere.