PDA

View Full Version : Guide trip sat 3 generations slayin,,,then the overtime overkill

TroutOnly
10-21-2013, 10:26 AM
lori who is a reg with her fishin pal OFG went out about a month ago with her grandson aidan ,he slayed some real nice fish in the forbedden zone first thing in the morning ,we boated about 16 fish till the cops tossed us out of the area, well that trip was enough to make the little 8yr ask for a b-day present going back out with me. went sat lori her daughter jay and aidan, we worked the marina for zip ,there was too much traffic, there was two different bass derbys and alot of lake lice and alot of fishing boats ,so it was very crowded.so we worked the c-point and as soon as we started rolling around here comes the schoolies ,they were on the small size so aidan decided we wpould c and r till he got a larger unit , he had got a taste of that action on the last trip and he wanted more. so we worked one area to the next on a steady slow pic. as the morning went away aidan asked his mom if she would make fish tacos for dinner and she said yes but they onlt had freezer fish he said no thanks to that and gave the order let the killing begin,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,a kid after my own heart. so in between all the traffic making it very hard to work some points and humps, we slowly got enough fish for a couple taco dinner nights.it was around 3 and the ladies called it good they had things to do fish to clean and tacos to make for the b-day boy. as they got there stuff lori asked me if i was going back out ,i said i dont know ,she says most of the boats are leaving now head out and kill them ,so as they walked up the ramp to leave , i said to my self what the hell i fired up the engine and headed out. as soon as i got to the speed bouys i remembered a spot on the fish arm were there were huge scools but no action so i headed there , it just happened to be the area were a trip earlier this year the 25lber and the other big ones hit the deck. i got to the spot dropped the rigs they were still there and even more, i was scrapping the top of the schools witch usally works but two big passes and zip so i dropped them 3 times deeper and man was that the right deal ,for the next 3hrs i had doble doubles and triples ,i started to take pics and said the hell with that

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1897_zpsa9962a7c.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/DSCN1897_zpsa9962a7c.jpg.html)

im going to do some serious slaying ,everytime they hit the majic depth they were swarmed on ,and it was cool there was a 1/4 mile strech
that was just going off ,i was pulling in and tossing 5 and six at a time it was just one of the magic moments on the water and there wasnt a boat in sight, i just wished the crew didnt have to leave so early ,sometimes the end of the day is better than that first thing in the morning bite. thank you lori for using my service again,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob
that was wide open, three different times i had a double hookup come to the boat with a thrashed jig and big time bent hook
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1898_zps94697141.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/DSCN1898_zps94697141.jpg.html)

catchingsomefish
10-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Sounds like a fun day Bob, especially later in the day, for whatever reason they seem to be coming very active later in the day, like on Thursday when Scott and I were out. It is always a blast when you are on top of the active ones that continue to hit over and over, and wreck your gear in the process!!!................Dave

DMS
10-21-2013, 10:40 AM
WTG Bob! I bet you were on the school where we were seeing em. Maybe I wasn't getting my rigs down quite deep enough. Maybe it was a time of day thing. I will keep at it! We still got some fish, but not sick WFO like you!
:Worship:

Bassfan
10-21-2013, 10:41 AM
They are getting a little picky at Castaic about when they will bite but if anybody will get their number its you. Nice job figuring them out.

fishinone
10-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Nice slay Aiden. Happy Birthday!

Bob your going to have to show me how to use the DRs.

DMS
10-21-2013, 10:56 AM
mmmm,
And I was playing with my DR's earlier in the day over some deeper marks. I bet I should have tried them where I was working them over. They seemed to be up enough in the column for flatlining so I didn't.
Dang, I bet it would have been full rack as they were so thick.
Learning every time.
DMS

flyhigh123
10-21-2013, 11:05 AM
TO has got them figured out all the time. I haven't been on the water in the last week and already got the itch and i wont be out for another 3 weeks... sigh...

billy b
10-21-2013, 11:17 AM
NICE work as always Bob

BTW ... I sent you an email a while back ... If you want to ignore it please let me know ... would appreciate it

TroutOnly
10-21-2013, 11:46 AM
sorry billy sometimes i clear the pm box and theres emails i didnt read or respond to, i will check and send you a return message,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,

trail blazer
10-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Afternoon MASSIVE SLAYAGE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Meat for a month!

TRAIL BLAZER

TroutOnly
10-22-2013, 02:22 PM
ron i wasnt using the dr's but i wish i had been,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

trollmiester
10-22-2013, 04:01 PM
man u put a lot of smiles on future pro fisherman.keep up the good job

GdHkSet1
10-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Nice job out there Bob, I like the part where the boy don't want those schoolies he wants the DD! Really cool to get the family on some fish..