PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Hit and Run in the Parking Lot Saturday 10/19

DMS
10-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Just an FYI for you all to keep an eye on your rigs. My truck was hit by someone in the Castaic East lot on Saturday. I didn't notice it at the time I pulled my boat out, but noticed that one of the interior compartments in the back was popped open. I shoved my new jumper cables back and thought it was odd. This morning I was leaving for work and noticed that the side panel on the back passenger side of my truck had a shallow indention at the gas tank level that was about the size of a basketball (maybe slightly larger). No paint was chiped and I just didn't see it Saturday, but it is always parked at my house where to hit it would require driving on the sidewalk and for the last month, the only place I have had it was driving to the lake. It had to be Saturday morning while I was fishing. That was why the inside compartment popped open. I could also see some black rubbery residue at the area and certainly it was caused by a trailer.

My truck was in the second spot on the first row of parking. The handicapped spaces where to my right. Someone had to have parked or driven through the handicapped spot and turned the wrond direction (either turned right when pulling through toward the bathrooms or turned left pulling the wrong direction away from the lake. It looks like the pole from the drive on trailer swung out and hit that passengerside rear panel.

Of course if anyone saw anything, please write me.

I called the lake and they told me to call the Sherrif's station. The Santa Clarita Sheriff's station told me to call the CHP. The CHP said the only thing I can do is file a report in person and could not tell me if there is any video surveillance on the lot.

I called the lake back and they said they have some cameras but they have not been able to get them to help ID any activity like this. They told me that the CHP is my only recourse and if they do have video that they can look at, they might charge me to look at it.

Anyway, the good news is that it appears it can be pulled back out fairly easily as there is no paint damage. I guess I have to call the body shop and just suck it up as it is apparent that this is not worth taking off work to drive out there and file a formal report for what is probably less than a $500 loss.

Just thought it was worth sharing that there are parking lot lice too.

DMS

flyhigh123
10-21-2013, 10:03 AM
damn sorry to hear... its always so crowded in the lot and then you get those tard who have half of their trailer sticking into the lanes blocking traffic....

fishinone
10-21-2013, 10:36 AM
I've had bits turn off of my trailer wheel wells and the valence on my truck by people's trailers. This seems like Simone would have known that they did it though.

Your right to pick your battles. It's not worth to much trouble.

DMS
10-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Your right to pick your battles. It's not worth to much trouble.

Yep, at least it is not a brand new truck like your ride! :)

CAPT'N
10-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Sorry to hear DMS.

I have been hit well in the parking lot, bent the vertical bumper post in the rear....

Capt'n

DMS
10-21-2013, 05:06 PM
So now I have to watch out for both Lot Lice and Lake Lice.
:Nut Kick:

fishinone
10-22-2013, 07:29 AM
Yep, at least it is not a brand new truck like your ride! :)

Well fortunately they haven't gotten the new one. Maybe it being so short will give them a little more room.

jicasiano
10-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Sorry to hear about the incident. It can get really tight in those lots especially during the weekends.

-j

fishinone
10-22-2013, 09:47 AM
So now I have to watch out for both Lot Lice and Lake Lice.
:Nut Kick:

You should try to be nice to the bass fishermen. :LOL:

DMS
10-23-2013, 04:08 PM
So the "dent guy" just left and the dent is almost undetectable for $175. Could have been worse, but I kept thinking that would have almost paid for an annual pass at Pyramid.
Still find it ironic that just to make a report and find out if a videotape of the lot is available, that I have to go though so much hassle. Seems that it should not be a big deal for someone to pull the tapes and look for the front row of cars and a car driving through the handicapped space.
Oh well, it's over.
I think I will get some cones to put around my rig!

fishinone
10-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Yea, that's like half of one of your trolling rigs! :Smile:

drifter023
10-23-2013, 07:03 PM
I think I will get some cones to put around my rig!
Don't do that they will just steal them..:Sad:

DMS
10-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Yea, that's like half of one of your trolling rigs! :Smile:

True, but a nice striper saber is a lot more fun spend than some dent guy pounding out the aftermath of lot a-hole who can't drive or back his rig down the hill.

FishinGame
10-26-2013, 10:59 PM
DMS..for what its worth......

Up at Pyramid I've seen 15-20 dents and broken lights in the last year and a half.. It's definitely an increasing trend.. :Rolls Eyes:

The LA Sheriff's Parks Bureau cameras do not record, unless activated for a specific reason. And the most i've seen of that happening was 24 hours playback, one time.

They are only used to monitor the facility during operating hours....

Thats about a 1:4,000 vehicle per month ratio you put up there though....

luck of the gods. :Cool: