PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for June Lake?

billy b
10-20-2013, 03:34 PM
Goin to hit it up Thursday ... trollin and then some plastics

... and may try somewhere else in the loop Wednesday

Much appreciated

flytyingreloader
10-21-2013, 12:27 PM
2nd attempt......system ate a LONG post, dammit.

Work the SR 158 side of the lake from boat landing to swim beach, 30-250 yards offshore, parallel to beach. Use the usual Sierra lures or crawler and flashers.

Hope this posts.

flytyingreloader
10-21-2013, 12:30 PM
I'll be up there as of tomorrow afternoon, if all goes well. Look for a white Triumph 170CC/60 HP Yamaha.

Red/gold lure color combos seen to be hot this year.

billy b
10-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Thanks for sharing

We'll be staying at Haven ... renting a pontoon boat ... just two of us ... red GMAC SUV

Wife always has to start with the Red/Gold TBuoyant ... wonder how many colors to go down ... 3?

Big Country
10-24-2013, 02:33 PM
With the notion that things change day by day up there, we fishing June 3 weeks ago and absolutely killed it drifting with the wind. A split shot and anything that floated or wiggled was bit non-stop.

Good luck

HBAR
10-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Wife and I slayed there with salmon egg red power bait, when we ran out we used salmon egg peach

Tubbytuba
11-25-2013, 01:46 PM
wish id seen this earlier. the loop was a ton of fun last time i was there. we trolled during the day and did a little bait and wait where you could see the change between deep and shallow water. if you really want a good time, fish some kind of creek during the day, and hit lake shores with spinners and spoons for the big browns during dawn and dusk. these fish mostly go underground during the heat of the day...

Good Hunting

Viejo
11-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Any tips for June Lake?
Goin to hit it up Thursday ... trollin and then some plastics

... and may try somewhere else in the loop Wednesday

Much appreciated [/INDENT]

Just don't get caught. Hate to be a spoiler but season is closed for the year. You can fish East and West Walker (new this year), Hot Creek, PVR Upper and Lower Owens to your hearts content. They are open year round. Good luck

billy b
11-26-2013, 07:30 AM
Just don't get caught. Hate to be a spoiler but season is closed for the year. You can fish East and West Walker (new this year), Hot Creek, PVR Upper and Lower Owens to your hearts content. They are open year round. Good luck

Thanks Viejo for keeping an eye on me ...
I went in October ... had a gorgeous day with slow fishing ... nice time ... but disappointing fishing.

Viejo
11-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Thanks Viejo for keeping an eye on me ...
I went in October ... had a gorgeous day with slow fishing ... nice time ... but disappointing fishing.

Hence the OP date of 10/15 and not 11/15.....Sorry to hear it it was less then stellar.

Just trying to revive an old thread :Big Grin: