PDA

View Full Version : Skinner Oct 19-20

P.A.W.
10-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Striper only report. Water down a bit and 68-69 degrees. Getting a bit green too. Stripers are feeding. Lots of guys catching in every way you can think of. Top water, jerk baits, of course trolling ;). Thing is they are pretty mobile now. Right time-right place is the thing. I picked up 2 6lbers and a bunch (12-14?) 2 pounders all of which I released. Just a beautiful day and productive fishing. It's getting challenging to troll with the sunken grasses letting go and floating to the surface. I'd meter a nice school, troll right through for nothing, and pick my rig up to find it covered with weeds. Drat!

kaiyasdad
10-20-2013, 01:24 PM
Striper only report. Water down a bit and 68-69 degrees. Getting a bit green too. Stripers are feeding. Lots of guys catching in every way you can think of. Top water, jerk baits, of course trolling ;). Thing is they are pretty mobile now. Right time-right place is the thing. I picked up 2 6lbers and a bunch (12-14?) 2 pounders all of which I released. Just a beautiful day and productive fishing. It's getting challenging to troll with the sunken grasses letting go and floating to the surface. I'd meter a nice school, troll right through for nothing, and pick my rig up to find it covered with weeds. Drat!

thinking about heading to skinner tomorrow morning. where there any boils in the east end or toward ramp 2?

thanks

P.A.W.
10-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Both, but short lived. You almost have to intuit where they will be next. My graph told me they are suspending near the bottom between times. In 15 feet of water they could be from 2-12 feet down which means if you are on them a fluke or jerkbait will bring them up even though you don't see a boil.

GdHkSet1
10-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Good to hear they are biting nice job on those 6 lbrs got to love the fight , thanks for the report - see ya out there sometime.

Stalker Of Fish
11-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Hi P.A.W. ,
Nice report glad to hear some bigger fish are showing as well as the boils . Speaking of the boils are there enough birds to be helpful
in finding them since they are so widely spread and infrequent ? Anyways congrats on the productive trip . I have been looking for ya
but I guess we are on different schedules right now . Keep an ear out for my ? Briggs see ya when I see ya !