PDA

View Full Version : Military Appreciation Day Event

DEVOREFLYER
10-20-2013, 08:17 AM
Show your support for our veterans on Veterans Day by taking two Marines on your boat for the fishing adventure of a lifetime on Private Vale Lake. Volunteer boaters that will put the Marines first are needed to make this a success. Boaters should be prepared to provide fishing gear and tackle for the Marines on their boat. The event is limited to 50 boats only and is half filled already. See the attached flyer for more information at.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1401374726761195&set=bc.AbqIYEloLFIiXrX0v8d2ANurxlG6bPs8R3vXmhgAaxQ 4dQZWPpi-leIEeVJgmsGGIND7rP7NGN9O-FKFcZtr7qHe5xEJCwrij26kgyrbGr--JhQdFPY7K_iNkUAo6dMvPL6YrYQKCvNraTBLyT4APtDK&type=1&opaqueCursor=Abr9MYWMG_emalIA9F_CNk6TCiTeytkYMQZaV xJMZ4EV8zkVvh3TJre6E1AprN54wKNAuwFbQhPfGPyUNEKQh2n _6IhCvMWZn-CqUJmgKhSSb4b4zZPQbRGJLbPiW25tiDpRsuRHk2hbM78Szg4T EXZE&theater

HawgZWylde
10-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Bumping back to the top. Anyone want to help out?

HBAR
10-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Hey I'm a Marine and I have a boat, hmmmm SEMPER FI!

DEVOREFLYER
10-23-2013, 05:24 AM
HBAR I hope you signed up as several other Marine boat owners have also. There is still a number of boaters needed as of yesterday to take the Marines out fishing.

fishinone
10-23-2013, 07:12 AM
Semper Fi

Are there any Striper in there?

Are there trout?

Can we net shad?

DEVOREFLYER
10-23-2013, 08:28 AM
Ron there are no Stripers in Vail Lake
#1 UGC lake in California and there are many and they are large. 100+ fish days not unusual when the bite is on. Amazing lake for sure.
Yes they have Trout and Shad. I don't know when they stock the Trout.
As it is a no prize/purse tournament and to give the Marines a good time if you netted shad I would not tell on you.
HawGZwylde will be captaining my boat and I will be on the shore providing support for the attendees.
Call the numbers on the flyer soon as only 50 boaters will be allowed and we are over half filled.

fishinone
10-23-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm not to comfortable taking people bass fishing. I really only catch them as bycatch UGB UGC.

We put Lcpl, Nord on them last Friday but only because the striper had lockjaw.

DEVOREFLYER
10-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Ron trust me when I tell you that YOU would have NO PROBLEM putting a couple of OUR FINEST on the UGC at Vail. Sign up you will not regret it.

fishinone
10-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Turns out I have to work on Veteran's Day.

DEVOREFLYER
10-25-2013, 05:45 AM
In response to those who were concerned, there are no boat or motor restrictions on Vail Lake. Carborated or fuel injected its all good. Boats must be clean and dry for inspection. Sign up quickly as less than 20 slots are now available for boaters. Over 75 Marine's have already signed up and with two weeks left we will easily meet our goal of putting 100 Marines on the water for a great day of fishing.

For those that have not fished Vail Lake it is a lake where even a novice can limit out in several hours and DD hogs are in great numbers. The fish will savage anything thrown at them and are not line shy as the lake is lightly fished due to it being private.

Don't miss this rare chance to fish Vail Lake and show your appreciation to our great Marine's on Veterans Day. We will have valet's available to launch and retrieve your boat.

TroutOnly
10-25-2013, 06:33 AM
D/V EVERYBODY IVE ASKED IS EITHER WORKING OR JUST WONT COMMIT,TO SOME I THINK ITS THE DRIVE,BUT THATS CAUSE THEY ALL ARE FROM UP HERE,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,

DEVOREFLYER
10-25-2013, 06:59 AM
A couple of guys could share a motel room, however Cutbait would find no takers after the huggin' he gave MO. lol.

HBAR
10-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Me and bobber boy are going

cutbait
10-25-2013, 03:18 PM
I'll share a sleeping bag?

DEVOREFLYER
10-25-2013, 03:30 PM
I'll share a sleeping bag?

Are you trollin'? lol

HawgZWylde
10-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Are you trollin'? lol

Anyone needs a place to crash we have a real comfy couch and a couple of egg crate mattresses. We are 25 minutes from Veil lake...

ben0606
10-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Me and bobber boy are going

Hell yea, good to see some Team 57 guys coming. You guys are good people for sure especially you HBAR!

ben0606
10-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Anyone needs a place to crash we have a real comfy couch and a couple of egg crate mattresses. We are 25 minutes from Veil lake...

Same here, I'm 23 minutes away lol. Hey pat if you wanna save some drive time offer is open to you too!

ben0606
10-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Semper Fi

Are there any Striper in there?

Are there trout?

Can we net shad?

Hey Ron, I heard from my friends cousins brothers moms son that there is 1 70lb striper in there who's calling you out..........just sayin, I think it's credible info.

DEVOREFLYER
10-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Sign up quickly as less than 15 slots are now available for boaters. Over 75 Marine's have already signed up and with two weeks left we should easily meet our goal of putting 100 Marines on the water for a great day of fishing.

In response to those who were concerned, there are no boat or motor restrictions on Vail Lake. Carborated or fuel injected its all good. Boats must be clean and dry for inspection.

For those that have not fished Vail Lake it is a lake where even a novice can limit out in several hours and DD hogs are in great numbers. The fish will savage anything thrown at them and are not line shy as the lake is lightly fished due to it being private.

Don't miss this rare chance to fish Vail Lake and show your appreciation to our great Marine's on Veterans Day. We will have valet's available to launch and retrieve your boat.

If you have already signed up and have a friend with a boat get them to sign up for this event, they will thank you for it. A schedule will be e-mailed to all boaters before the event.

fishinone
10-29-2013, 02:06 PM
Hey Ron, I heard from my friends cousins brothers moms son that there is 1 70lb striper in there who's calling you out..........just sayin, I think it's credible info.

It will have to be a Ninja trip!

HawgZWylde
10-30-2013, 07:07 AM
Same here, I'm 23 minutes away lol. Hey pat if you wanna save some drive time offer is open to you too!

Lol, 10-4. It'll open up more room at my house for those guys coming from up north. My 75lb Old English Bulldog will keep em in line at my house...

bassmeister
10-30-2013, 05:14 PM
I'll be there, can't wait to put some troops on some fish. Gonna be a blast.

Scott

DEVOREFLYER
10-31-2013, 10:01 PM
15 boater spaces still open, 89 Marines signed up already and we don't send any of them away due to no space available for them.

DEVOREFLYER
11-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Only 7 slots open for boaters to put 100 Marines on the water at Vail Lake. Check the first post for information or go to Facebook at:

https://www.facebook.com/MilitaryAppreciationTournament

DEVOREFLYER
11-05-2013, 02:57 PM
We have over 100 Marines and only 43 boats. Which means I will have to cut more than 14 Marines off the list when I send out their instructions by tomorrow afternoon. Boaters, get out there and get your friends involved. Last minute entries will not be entertained because of the coordination required with Marines. Sign up now and make a Marine's day on Veterans Day.

https://www.facebook.com/MilitaryAppreciationTournament

DEVOREFLYER
11-09-2013, 03:36 PM
A SPECIAL THANK YOU to FNN members/boater volunteers we have met our goal of 50 boaters to put 100 Marines on the water at Vail Lake.

Hey friends, the following is the tentative schedule -

4:30 AM show up at the east entrance to Vail Lake (second left turn to resort). During this time you will be given your tournament paperwork, pay reps from Vail Lake Resort ($10), get your boat inspected ( DVL, Perris and Silverwood tags accepted) and meet up with your Marines for the day.

5:30-6:00 AM all boats launched and awaiting safe light

6:00 AM National Anthem and blast off

1:00 PM check in and pull your boats out of the water

1:45 PM weigh in complete

2:00 PM Raffle

3:00 PM lunch complete and end of events

** ALL TIMES ARE TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE **

GOOD LUCK and GOOD FISHING

HawgZWylde
11-10-2013, 06:59 AM
T-minus 21 hrs till Hawg Heaven. This is gonna be a frigging blast. Ya Baby!!!

Fishbreath
11-10-2013, 08:20 AM
T-minus 11 hrs till Hawg Heaven. This is gonna be a frigging blast. Ya Baby!!!
I hope your fishing is better than your math. Here are a couple of the 121 we caught by 11:00am on Wednesday. The largest was 6 lbs 10 oz.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/Fishbreath92028/Nov62013001_zpsd3ac2a5e.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/Fishbreath92028/media/Nov62013001_zpsd3ac2a5e.jpg.html)
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/Fishbreath92028/Nov62013002_zps3d09e383.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/Fishbreath92028/media/Nov62013002_zps3d09e383.jpg.html)
Fishing tales told here - some true.
The best of Fishbreath. (http://s202.beta.photobucket.com/user/Fishbreath92028/story/2315#)

TED MILLS
11-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Hey us Navy guys fish to.just kidding that is a good thing.

TED

TED MILLS
11-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Seven years U S. DESTROYER GROUP DESRON SIX US ATLANTIC FLEET, during the day tomorrow there will be active radio communication from the Queen Mary on the Ham radio check in Frequencies , for that period of time.

HawgZWylde
11-10-2013, 09:24 AM
I hope your fishing is better than your math. Here are a couple of the 121 we caught by 11:00am on Wednesday. The largest was 6 lbs 10 oz.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/Fishbreath92028/Nov62013001_zpsd3ac2a5e.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/Fishbreath92028/media/Nov62013001_zpsd3ac2a5e.jpg.html)
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/Fishbreath92028/Nov62013002_zps3d09e383.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/Fishbreath92028/media/Nov62013002_zps3d09e383.jpg.html)
Fishing tales told here - some true.
The best of Fishbreath. (http://s202.beta.photobucket.com/user/Fishbreath92028/story/2315#)

Lol, thanks Fishbreath, I fixed it. Haha, that's what I get for trying to type before my first cup of Joe. Nice eye candy, this is a tease! As you can imagine, my anticipation level is ridiculously off the charts now. I've already accepted the fact that sleep will be an impossible dream tonight, lol...

Fishbreath
11-10-2013, 09:28 AM
For those of those of you participating, I should have probably mentioned that it may be much cooler there than where you live. This time of year it is 10 to 15 degrees cooler than where I live in Fallbrook. It has been dropping down into the thirties most morning at dawn and then warming nicely after the sun comes up. The water temp is still holding above 60°. Most days you can catch fish whichever way you enjoy the most. We did not find shad Wednesday, so our fish came drop shotting structure about 25 to 35 feet deep.

USAF, 1966-1987
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/Fishbreath92028/VSM-1.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/Fishbreath92028/media/VSM-1.jpg.html)

TED MILLS
11-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Seven years Destroyer Tast Force Desron six US.Atlantic Fleet

TED

DEVOREFLYER
11-10-2013, 10:15 AM
All boaters should expect to provide at least one spinning rod and tackle for each Marine to use during the day. After the tournament, lunch will be available for purchase during the raffle to benefit Heroes on the Water (www.heroesonthewater.org). Be sure to get there between 4:30 and 5:00 AM to fill out the water district paperwork, and the waiver/rules. This will be a great Veteran's Day on the water.

OFFICIAL RULES
1. Tournament hours will be from safe light to 1300 and identified by either of the directors at blast off. Verizon Wireless Network time will be used as official time.
2. All contestants must wear a USCG approved personal floatation device and have attached kill switch when the outboard is running. All kill switches will be checked for serviceability prior to blast off.
3. All contestants must obey California water safety regulations, observe all no wake zones, and follow California Department of Fish and Game Regulations. Violations may result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fees.
4. No alcoholic beverages will be on board any boat participating in the Veteran’s Day Military Appreciation Tournament. Violations will result in disqualification and removal from the event.
5. Five (5) fish limit per boat. Only black bass thirteen (13) inches or more may be weighed in. Official measuring tool will be the Golden Rule. Any short fish brought to the scales will result in a disqualification and forfeiture of tournament fees. All dead fish will result in an eight (8) ounce penalty on total weight per dead fish.
6. All sight fish must be hooked in the mouth in a legal and sporting manner. No trolling, snatching or live bait is allowed. Only one (1) rod and reel at use at any one time. Anglers are to use artificial baits only.
7. Anyone under the age of 18 is considered a minor and must be accompanied by an adult who has signed the waiver with the minor’s name inscribed.
8. Should inclement weather arise all anglers should seek shelter first, then call either tournament director to ensure they are accounted for.
9. Live wells and kill switches will be checked prior to blast off.
10. Tournament directors reserve the right to disqualify any team for unsportsmanlike conduct, and mutilated or uncared for fish. All anglers must make every attempt to care for fish caught even if they are not being brought to the scales.
11. Highest weight wins, 1st tie breaker will go to number of fish caught, 2nd tie breaker will go to big fish, 3rd tie breaker will go to heaviest two fish.
12. Late arrivals for the time given by the tournament director will result in a one pound for every minute late for the first ten minutes. After that the team is disqualified and forfeits all entry fees.
13. All conditions arising which are not described in the aforementioned rules will be resolved by the tournament directors whose resolve will be FINAL.
In case a competitor must leave the water early they will contact one of the tournament directors via cellular phone, if the tournament directors cannot be reached the competitors will leave word with shoreline volunteers for the tournament directors.

DEVOREFLYER
11-13-2013, 06:34 AM
It was a great but tough day on the water for the Military Appreciation Day Tournament at Vail Lake. Nearly 50 boaters launched early to put the Marines on the water and hopefully on some fish. It was a tough grind to make the hook up with over half of the boaters catching the skunk. One of FNN's finest Steve Latino put his Marine Sam Buecksler on the fish with a limit that put them in Fourth Place, awesome job Steve. The raffle raised $480 for "Heroes On The Water" foundation and some great prizes were won. A special THANK YOU to the boaters and sponsor's that helped to put a Marine on the water at Vail Lake.

etucker1959
11-13-2013, 09:13 AM
It was a great but tough day on the water for the Military Appreciation Day Tournament at Vail Lake. Nearly 50 boaters launched early to put the Marines on the water and hopefully on some fish. It was a tough grind to make the hook up with over half of the boaters catching the skunk. One of FNN's finest Steve Latino put his Marine Sam Buecksler on the fish with a limit that put them in Fourth Place, awesome job Steve. The raffle raised $480 for "Heroes On The Water" foundation and some great prizes were won. A special THANK YOU to the boaters and sponsor's that helped to put a Marine on the water at Vail Lake.

I'm sorry to hear about the slow fishing. All kidding aside, I THINK IT WAS A WONDERFULL IDEA!!!!!! Dev, were you in charge of organizing the event????? If you were, I've got some idea's to make it better for next year!!!!!

DEVOREFLYER
11-13-2013, 09:26 AM
I was not the organizer, two of my fishing buddy's (Chaz Hickcock, Steve Molina) were. I was a volunteer/gopher worker (assign Marines to boaters, launch and retrieve valet, weigh in set up and raffle host). Left home at 2:00am to hook up with fellow Fnn'er ( Hawgzwyld) to captain my boat while I did the support thing. A long day but worth it for the Marines. And NO we do not need da Quagga doing lap dances for the Marines she would not pass inspection.

etucker1959
11-13-2013, 09:42 AM
I was not the organizer, two of my fishing buddy's (Chaz Hickcock, Steve Molina) were. I was a volunteer/gopher worker (assign Marines to boaters, launch and retrieve valet, weigh in set up and raffle host). Left home at 2:00am to hook up with fellow Fnn'er ( Hawgzwyld) to captain my boat while I did the support thing. A long day but worth it for the Marines. And NO we do not need da Quagga doing lap dances for the Marines she would not pass inspection.
Well as usual the DUMB LIBERAL has his own idea's on how to make this a better event!!!!!!!

DEVOREFLYER
11-13-2013, 09:52 AM
No lib's allowed their MARINES for Gawds sake don't you get it!!!!!

etucker1959
11-13-2013, 11:34 AM
No lib's allowed their MARINES for Gawds sake don't you get it!!!!!
Well at least this Liberal would put his guy's on some fish to catch!!!!!!!!!! Besides this DUMB LIBERAL is willing to put his money where his mouth is!!!!!!!!!! Also at the end of MY PLAN, the marines could VOTE on which foor mat they liked better. SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

old pudd fisher
11-13-2013, 06:37 PM
For those of those of you participating, I should have probably mentioned that it may be much cooler there than where you live. This time of year it is 10 to 15 degrees cooler than where I live in Fallbrook. It has been dropping down into the thirties most morning at dawn and then warming nicely after the sun comes up. The water temp is still holding above 60°. Most days you can catch fish whichever way you enjoy the most. We did not find shad Wednesday, so our fish came drop shotting structure about 25 to 35 feet deep.

USAF, 1966-1987
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa24/Fishbreath92028/VSM-1.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/Fishbreath92028/media/VSM-1.jpg.html)

Nice Ribbon Bar I also have one. First Cav Army.