PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Livermore....with my fishing gear.

Kingfish Addict
10-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Im in Livermore til wednesday. I know theres a few lakes around here but I cant get any straight answers from anyone about the lakes or if you can even legally fish them, so Im turning to the trusty FNN board.

What lakes around Livermore are good to fish? Somebody has to know!! :Bawling: Thanks in advance! :Thumbs Up:

dk4885
10-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Los vaqueros is a good lake has good striper fishing.

casting call
10-18-2013, 07:21 PM
I got my PB trout at Del Valle, a 12lb hooknose. San Pablo reservoir had good bass. I think they just reopened it for fishing. Lake Chabot is good too.

Kingfish Addict
10-18-2013, 10:09 PM
I knew my fellow fishermen would come through, cant thank you guys enough! :Worship:

I'll post the results if it goes well...

Howling Mad Murdock
10-18-2013, 10:21 PM
old quarry below Del Valle off 580 heading towards Dublin that supposedly has lightning trout or somesuch. San Pablo might be open, but I know they get ready to close for the winter and don't re-open til Feb I believe, good trout and cats, between San Pablo and Orinda. Lafayette Resevoir is just eh. in Lafayette. If you are a ninja you can hit Briones and catch some MASSIVE bass (warning they patrol with air) in Orinda (I live nearby). Vaqueros is new and does has stripers like stated above, in Livermore. Lake Chabot in Castro Valley has good trout, cat and bass. The Sacramento salmon fishing is on fire. The Delta is always nice for cats and stripers in Discovery Bay.

Kevin

Kingfish Addict
10-19-2013, 01:41 AM
old quarry below Del Valle off 580 heading towards Dublin that supposedly has lightning trout or somesuch. San Pablo might be open, but I know they get ready to close for the winter and don't re-open til Feb I believe, good trout and cats, between San Pablo and Orinda. Lafayette Resevoir is just eh. in Lafayette. If you are a ninja you can hit Briones and catch some MASSIVE bass (warning they patrol with air) in Orinda (I live nearby). Vaqueros is new and does has stripers like stated above, in Livermore. Lake Chabot in Castro Valley has good trout, cat and bass. The Sacramento salmon fishing is on fire. The Delta is always nice for cats and stripers in Discovery Bay.

Kevin

Information much appreciated! I'm in my work truck and need to watch mileage. Would totally love to do some salmon fishing but it's too far north from Livermore. I pretty much have my sights set on Del Valle for tomorrow, but is said quarry below Del Valle legal to fish?

Kingfish Addict
10-21-2013, 08:42 PM
So I fished Del Valle on Saturday, had a strong bite using a quarter ounce gold kastmaster but lost it. Fished the Sacramento Delta in Pittsburg on Sunday evening for nada. Some guys next to me were catching small stripers using shrimp...gonna try the Delta again tomorrow night from the other side of the Delta in Benicia...