PDA

View Full Version : Crowley 10-15-13

Sierra_Smitty
10-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Crowley is awesome right now folks. Took Tuesday afternoon off and fished from about 1 til 5pm. We trolled at 1.5 to 2 colors and did really well. The hot spots were the north arm from Leighton to Green Banks in about 12ft of water and from the mouth of the beaver cove to the last tree in little Hilton on the fish camp side. We got 23 fish to the boat and farmed a bunch. Biggest Brown went about 2lbs, biggest cutty went 2.5lbs or so and the biggest 'Bow went an easy 3.5lbs....also stuck a pretty jumbo Perch that would have gone somewhere between 2.5 and 3lbs. Most of the fish were caught on the pink Mira Shad or Rippin' Minnow but later in the day the flame mira shad, silver/black CD5 and gold/black CD5 did some serious damage. We had to fish flat out destroy us and break us off - big heavy fish - which was frustrating but all part of the game....no day is complete without a few of "the one that got away" stories. Leaders were 40ft of 20# mono to a small swivel and then 6ft of 2x or 3x tippet from the swivel to the lure.

Don't forget guys - all hooks have to be barbless right now so pinch them things down smooth.

Peace,
Smitty

jimmy
10-17-2013, 04:46 PM
nice...

I too fished tuesday but the AM shift 8-2 from the tube. i went looking for big fish... pulling 2-3 clouser minnow streamers with full sink line. Got 14 fish to the net. Biggest brown was the last fish of the day when the winds picked up. it went about 23 inches maybe 3-4 lbs..

bstolton
10-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Great info, Thanks Jared

My buddy and I will be up there next weekend for our end of season trip. Crowley is definitely on our list. What`s the situation at North lake, any water? Is it accessible, any fish?

Thanks

Sierra_Smitty
10-17-2013, 08:29 PM
The water is fine anywhere that isn't a reservoir so North Lake is fine. The last stocking of the year was last week and it's been so slow up here this week I don't really have much intel on how the bite is. Crowley is absolutely worth a trip if you have the right gear. Good luck out there!

Sierra_Smitty
10-17-2013, 08:30 PM
nice...

I too fished tuesday but the AM shift 8-2 from the tube. i went looking for big fish... pulling 2-3 clouser minnow streamers with full sink line. Got 14 fish to the net. Biggest brown was the last fish of the day when the winds picked up. it went about 23 inches maybe 3-4 lbs..

Nicely done sir...nicely done.

flytyingreloader
10-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Smitty et al.....any word on when (or if) USFS is going to open Inyo NF or Toiyabe NF campgrounds? All online info shows sites closed. I'm concerned that they might just leave them shut for the winter now that all are closed thanks to politics. I would like to do a couple more trips before trout season closes, even if the Feds are going buzz-kill in all ways possible.

Sierra_Smitty
10-19-2013, 07:59 AM
Smitty et al.....any word on when (or if) USFS is going to open Inyo NF or Toiyabe NF campgrounds? All online info shows sites closed. I'm concerned that they might just leave them shut for the winter now that all are closed thanks to politics. I would like to do a couple more trips before trout season closes, even if the Feds are going buzz-kill in all ways possible.

There are no plans to reopen the campgrounds our area until next spring.

flytyingreloader
10-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Sorta figured that. The Freddies aren't known for being highly-motivated in most venues.

AngryAgent
10-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Have you been up to Bridgeport area? Headed up on the 15th..

sierraslam
10-21-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm sure you're aware that the 15th of November is closing day. The East Walker is open all year. May be pretty low though.