PDA

View Full Version : Late Report 10/12

DMS
10-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Late report...
Got to the lake early for second in line. Got set up to launch and spent some time catching up with Cat'n, BassFan, FishinwithDave and Fishinone.
Launched right away and tried around the marina for nada.
Saw Bassfan go one way and Fishinone go the other. I tossed a coin and headed out. Started the trolling and about 20 minutes later I lost the first small fish at the boat. Lulu simply said "farmed...".
Swung around again through the area for nada and kept on. About the time we got our second fish, fishinone passed by to see the second rod go off as Lulu was pulling in hers. I grabbed the rod and while pulling netted Lulu's fish, but we had a mess with the rig in the net, as I realized that this one is pulling back. Lulu grabbed the other net and we got a nice fish almost 6# on the boat.
kept working and found another spot for another fish, and a couple short strikes. kept working the area for not much more despite some decent marks.
By later on, we ended up with 6 fish, but it seemed that no one was doing much better.
The conditions are totally different than last month.
Water was 68. Didn't see any shad except one ball of micros. Fish were oriented more on the bottom and deeper (but some were up and about). No breaking fish or boils in my views. Tried to cast on some marks without luck (last time I got a few that way).

It was a nice day on the water and except for one skier that tried 50 times to get on top (without luck) right where I was working a school, the lice were minimal.

Nice catching up with the guys and figure, we'll get 'em next time.

DMS
I will post a photo later...

catchingsomefish
10-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the report Dan, weather permitting I am going to try Thursday, with all the wind and the seasons starting to change, the fish are moving all over the place....But you had a nice day and got some fish.......congrats.................Dave

fishinone
10-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Nice seeing you out there Dan.

I didn't post because we only boated 7 fish. We lost a couple at the boat and RadioLeo farmed one on a garlic night crawler.

We had one pass that hooked up 2 doubles. We landed 3 of them. I thought, "It's on." but after that we had a slow pick of singles.

CAPT'N
10-15-2013, 12:02 PM
We had a non productive day as well. Green bye catch, schoolies and a couple of missed bites. No boils, fish hanging 25-40 ft, and lockjaw was noted.

Capt'n

Bassfan
10-15-2013, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=DMS;701212]Late report..
It was a nice day on the water and except for one skier that tried 50 times to get on top (without luck) right where I was working a school, the lice were minimal.

Good to see you and Lulu back in action. I had the same experience with ski boats that kept cutting me off and then would stop right in my path. There weren't that many out there but the ones that showed up knew how to mess up trolling!
Almost time to get back to that "boring" bait and wait. I love catching fish any way that doesn't involve dynamite:)