PDA

View Full Version : Solo Mission on Saturday

FishingwithDave
10-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Finally made it back to Castaic this past Saturday. Got to the gate at 4:45am and was third in line, behind DMS. Met DMS and Bassfan which was cool. Nice talking to you guys and learning more about fishing Castaic.

Got the boat launched and cruised around the marina but didn't see anything going on so I headed to the Fish Arm. Got the trolling rigs down and about 15 minutes in, one of poles gets hooked up and I pull in a double, double dinks. Cruise back through the area again and get hooked up again. I'm thinking, hey this is gonna be a great day, maybe I'll even see some boils! It was okay. Never saw boils and ended up with six schoolies. The bite stopped around 11:30am, but I kept after them until about 2:00pm. I saw one of my my rods get slammed really hard, probably the hardest I've seen and when I brought the u-rig in, the back half of one of the Action-Plastic swim baits was missing!

Beautiful day on the lake and the wind was calm. Hopefully I'll be back out there in a couple of weeks, especially if I can get a day off of work!

FWD

DMS
10-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Good meeting you and catching up with bassfan and fishinone and captan. We ended up with 6 and stayed out until quit fishing at 1:30 or so. We had a good one of about 6 pounds that I will try and post a photo of with a report when I have a chance. The fish didn't seem to want to really go off, but we had a nice day and got one worth a nice photo.

catchingsomefish
10-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the report, it looked nice on the water from the webcam......That was as close to the water as I got this weekend, what the heck, you got to meet some nice folks, plus caught fish.... NIce job...............Dave