PDA

View Full Version : 10/12 south bay

manuel149
10-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Set out this morning to a local beach on the hunt. I arrived to the gate at 6am still dark and I was determined
to beat the skunk this time. I threw out the first cast ( crack ) still in the dark and it was an immediate hook up 8” BSP.
I managed to land 8 in the same spot all about the same size. Then I was ready to toss out the LC.
I fan casted for a while for nothing, so I went back to what was producing and got 5 more BSP’S.
Took a walk down and I went back to the LC, I still was not getting any fish to hit it.
As I’m fan casting I notice a trench, as soon as the LC goes in boom I feel a violent hit.
It took some drag so I’m exited thinking it’s the fish I want so bad. Then I see it, its my PB BSP AT 13”.
I’m going to stick the LC now I’d much rather take quality over quantity.
Im especially hooked on this pattern.
Thanks for the read……..

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p499/manuelc149/null_zpsf2856284.jpg

Hardcor
10-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Excellent Report ! And nice morning !

Corey

bachiboy
10-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Not always the case, but, in general, I think you will definitely see a rise in the quality of the perch you get if you stick to the LC. Way to pull out the PB pig!:Thumbs Up:

Congrats!
Don

Homefish
10-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Hey Manuel149,
I too use to be a crack addict. I've pretty much only been use'n the LC this year. There have been days(like today)when I've been tempted to go back on the crack, but I've been stick'n w/ the LC. It's hard to stick w/ the LC when the most fish(BSP) I've caught in a day is only 3 ( had days w/the crack
Where I've caught 40 to 50 BSP), but like u said the quality is almost always better(8" to 14" BSP).
Good Luck!
Homefish

dlmoo312
10-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Congrats on the PB surf perch!
The LC can be deadly for the bigger grade perch.
I remember when I first started to throw the LC, it was a perchfest with all bigger models and it was a blast!
Thank for the report!

-Daniel

Jaysuuun
10-14-2013, 04:14 PM
The LC definitely makes up for quantity with quality, but even a little 3inch perch will hit the LC every now and then. LOL Congrats on the PB. Keep the reports coming

Wingnut
10-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Nice Perch Manny, congrats on the PB. :Big Grin:
Good to see you putting the S.W.A.T. LC into action. :Thumbs Up: