PDA

View Full Version : Need CALCUTTA 200 handle,nut and cap&screw

largemouthlad
10-08-2013, 09:10 PM
I did some maintenance on my Calcutta 201 b (older model) and i found out the nut that secures the handle to the reel had fused to the threads. I ended up semi stripping the nut while taking the reel apart but it still had a couple teeth on it so i put it back together even though the reel handle had a little wobble to it. Went fishing this weekend and caught a fish on it and the very next cast the handle nut and cap all flew of into the water. Does anybody have replacement parts for this guy or any recommendations for fixing it ? I tried to use a handle from another reel but the nut size was to large for the thread in the Calcutta.

Thanks Guys

skunked4life
10-09-2013, 07:12 AM
Did you try calling Shimano like I had suggested? The Calcutta B model is still being serviced by Shimano last time I checked which means that you can order parts for it.

largemouthlad
10-09-2013, 10:00 AM
I assumed that they didn't repair that model or have parts for it anymore. I guess I should call before I assume ha

skunked4life
10-09-2013, 01:04 PM
The Calcutta B is still on their service list. In fact, you can go directly to their site and click on order parts to order the exact parts that you were looking for. I believe that I outlined this for you last month. I am betting that the prices are so low that if it is only one part, they may send it to you for free. Don't waste time...try it out.

largemouthlad
10-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Well the prior post I was just looking or the nut. I didn't find one so I just put it back on and it finally flew off this weekend ha but thanks for the good info. Sounds like I have to make some orders. Thanks

WinstonDry
10-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Sent you a PM.