PDA

View Full Version : BBL 10/4 Windy as S#@*!!!

aramirez1988
10-08-2013, 03:25 PM
SKUNKED....

I went up to Big Bear Lake to fish all day Friday with my pops and two of my uncles on my uncle's new boat. Boy, was it windy as hell... We headed up to the Dam around 8AM and the wind was so strong it was numbing my face and it made a hell of a time casting. After about an hour we decided to move to a cove for hopes of less wind so we headed up to Boulder Bay for the rest of the day. It was a HUGE difference, we could actually feel the sun and cast where we wanted to go. I didn't get any bites and I tried everything... At around 2PM, my uncle pulled up a small catfish off nightcrawler. Less than an hour after that, he pulled up a good sized one (13 inches or so). At around 4 both my uncles pulled up another cat each. Both me and my dad ended up skunked, but still had a nice day on the water. Thanks for the read!

The Fishing Queen
10-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Sorry to hear about your skunk. Fishing was tough at bbl at this time of the year. I was there for a few days and I didn't catch any trout (only caught 2 baby bass). Hopefully trout fishing will pick up when the water is cooler.