PDA

View Full Version : BiG bear float tubing?>

mission89
10-08-2013, 01:36 PM
I really enjoy fishing big bear lake from my kayak, does anyone know if its worth giving it a shot on the float tube being that i just bought one. I enjoy the challenge of trying to catch fish in a more natural environment rather than pay lakes. Anyone think its worth giving a it a shot?

seal
10-08-2013, 01:43 PM
This is the first year in many years I didn't get an annual float tube permit for the lake. Fly fishing BBL from a float tube is at times fantastic much like a Crowley experience if you get into holdover trout and if spinning gear is used then Thomas Bouyants and all the other normal stuff will work fine. By the dam and over by Windy Point Grout bay area is where I normally work.

Troutin Man
10-08-2013, 10:52 PM
This is the first year in many years I didn't get an annual float tube permit for the lake. Fly fishing BBL from a float tube is at times fantastic much like a Crowley experience if you get into holdover trout and if spinning gear is used then Thomas Bouyants and all the other normal stuff will work fine. By the dam and over by Windy Point Grout bay area is where I normally work.

I have never float tubed but my cousins have float tubed bbl. Seal is spot on with the locations from what my cousins have fished while i have done it from a boat or from shore.

It's always worth it to be out on the water.

mission89
10-09-2013, 12:54 PM
thanks seal! yea the dam was what i was thinking too, maybe drifting some power bait or nightcrawler under a bobber and throwing some spinners! I'm going to use my little hummingbird fish finder to see what depth they are at. ill probably be heading over there next wednesday if the weather permits.

hombre_jaguar
10-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Hey how much is the launch fee if any for a float tube at bbl? never fished there before and curious to try it too. Thanks!

seal
10-09-2013, 01:51 PM
$15.00 you get a break if you tube more than one day but it's $50.00 believe it or not for the season.