PDA

View Full Version : Dvl oct 8 report

ben0606
10-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Got hit up by one of the guys from last week saying he wanted to get back out to dvl so we hit it up Monday. It was nice to take my own boat out especially with my electronics. First cove we hit is going off, wolf packs all morning. Saw boats chasing but we continued trolling. I'm not a troller but gave it a shot. 1st pass, he gets a double hook up, 1 striper and 1 large mouth. He's stoked, 1st ever striper and wasn't bad size. Then he hooks another large mouth on the 2nd pass. We go back and forth all day ending with 4 striper and 4 large mouth. All trolling but I couldn't resist throwing a lure. As bob would say, I'm a bass guy. Had a first for me though. Large mouth busting shad and I cast perfect into them and boom fish on. I see tons of largemouth chasing mine and then I realize it was tons of largemouth chasing BOTH of mine on one lure. First for me, 1bass on each treble.

Saw shad silversides and thread fin and growing bigger too compared to the past couple weeks.

My partner told me before last weeks bass he caught and the fish he caught today, he has only caught 1 trout before. Blew my mind as I thought he had fished more. Great day on the water with decent wind and mostly cloudy with sun breaking.

Matt always a pleasure to see you I'm sure you nailed em.

Blast being on the water again, nice to be in my own boat too. Good luck all.

Ben

ben0606
10-08-2013, 01:02 PM
I almost forgot, water temp was around 72*

Surfnsnowboard3
10-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Good job bro. I need to get out there soon.

DEVOREFLYER
10-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Very nice Ben did ya see Pat on the water while you were out?

Nessie Hunter
10-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Way to go, Ben & Matt..
Good job.
Love the double!!! Life is good....

fishinone
10-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the fish report Ben. Congrats on the catching.

It looks like you're turning to the Dark (Striper) Side!

EL JEFE
10-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Nice job Ben! Thanks for the report. BBQ time for those stripers!

TroutOnly
10-08-2013, 08:23 PM
HEY BOY KILL THEM STRIPERS!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NICE SLAYIN BEN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

GdHkSet1
10-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Congrats on getting back out there and attacking. Let me know when your ready to fully convert and get that downrigger ha ha! I got one for you in the garage.

Hitting it this Saturday for some cats and will probably get some trolling in too.

R/

HawgZWylde
10-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Nah, I was out today Dev.

Ben, got your text around noon but lost reception before it could download. I tried to respond but kept losing the signal. Finally was able to send it when we got off the water. Good job out there Ben, awesome you got him on more fish today! I haven't seen this much baitfish in a long long time. Shad all over the place. Looking forward to fishing with you again...

Stormcrow
10-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Way to go man! I love it when the boiling starts and you can get on a few!

Brent
10-09-2013, 10:52 AM
With the cooling weather it should be on like Donkey Kong soon.
The empty lake days will soon be a thing of the past and back to the loooooong lines

Good job on the fish and congrats on your first double.

Brent

ben0606
10-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Good job bro. I need to get out there soon.

Definitely, lake is doing good with all the bait fish.

Very nice Ben did ya see Pat on the water while you were out?

Thanks, he's a Tuesday man

Way to go, Ben & Matt..
Good job.
Love the double!!! Life is good....

Double was awesome, never on one lure. I've had multiple on I rig but this was a first. Thanks Nessie

Thanks for the fish report Ben. Congrats on the catching.

It looks like you're turning to the Dark (Striper) Side!

Shhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell! I'm a largemouth guy remember!

Nice job Ben! Thanks for the report. BBQ time for those stripers!

Thank you, unfortunately when we got to my house he had to leave for night classes so he didn't want to clean them so my neighbor gave them away at her church.

HEY BOY KILL THEM STRIPERS!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NICE SLAYIN BEN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Learned from a pro bob, thank you

Congrats on getting back out there and attacking. Let me know when your ready to fully convert and get that downrigger ha ha! I got one for you in the garage.

Hitting it this Saturday for some cats and will probably get some trolling in too.

R/

How'd sat go? Just ain't right having a down rigger on my bass boat lol

Nah, I was out today Dev.

Ben, got your text around noon but lost reception before it could download. I tried to respond but kept losing the signal. Finally was able to send it when we got off the water. Good job out there Ben, awesome you got him on more fish today! I haven't seen this much baitfish in a long long time. Shad all over the place. Looking forward to fishing with you again...

Thanks pat, we definitely need to hit up some largemouth one of these days.

Way to go man! I love it when the boiling starts and you can get on a few!

It was awesome to see the busting during most of the morning, thanks

With the cooling weather it should be on like Donkey Kong soon.
The empty lake days will soon be a thing of the past and back to the loooooong lines

Good job on the fish and congrats on your first double.

Brent

Thanks Brent, as much as I don't like long lines its a sign of the lake doing good. I'll just wake up even earlier lol

Matt_Magnone
10-12-2013, 10:39 PM
yeah the day i saw you i ground out the swimmer bite. had to put the 10"+ stuff down around 12 or so. lots of follows and fish that would smack it but nothing to commit. i had to downsize to the 7" to 8" and was able to get on a pretty solid pattern on windblown bait collection spots. cuts, coves and tree lines in the backs. ended with somewhere around 10 fish before i put the blade on and it was a pick bite. burned a lot of water but only really found 1 area that surpisingly reloaded. it was a pretty nice day out there. great seeing you out there as well man! keep grinding away and stick some pigs!

5150fishn
10-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Looks like a stellar day on the water Ben! A double on the same lure is sick! Thanks for the report bro.
See you on the water soon.

ben0606
10-14-2013, 05:52 PM
yeah the day i saw you i ground out the swimmer bite. had to put the 10"+ stuff down around 12 or so. lots of follows and fish that would smack it but nothing to commit. i had to downsize to the 7" to 8" and was able to get on a pretty solid pattern on windblown bait collection spots. cuts, coves and tree lines in the backs. ended with somewhere around 10 fish before i put the blade on and it was a pick bite. burned a lot of water but only really found 1 area that surpisingly reloaded. it was a pretty nice day out there. great seeing you out there as well man! keep grinding away and stick some pigs!

One day ill get that dd bass, one day lol

Looks like a stellar day on the water Ben! A double on the same lure is sick! Thanks for the report bro.
See you on the water soon.

Thanks Dan.
Trout at irvine tail gating is right around the corner. Getting my grill and canopy ready. It's gonna be a good time as usual.