PDA

View Full Version : Monday Finally Back on the Water

Fishin4runner
10-07-2013, 09:16 PM
After waiting forever for my new boat motor parts so I could rebuild my engine I finally got it done and made it back to the water. First in line and while waiting for the gate to open I met some of the Infamous Striper Killin FNN Brethren MO and AA. I am thinking this has to be a good sign. Well gates opened launched and started the troll. First five minutes I hit a schoolie and then an above average schoolie. Trolled around the fish arm and found alot more schoolies and 1 more above average. Finished the day around 1:30 with a limit and headed to moms house to make some fish tacos, also happy as hell my motor ran great.

Double A
10-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Good meeting you F4runner.
Looks like you found em. Nicely done.
Fish tacos are the ultimate pay dirt.
Congrats on the boat running well.

fishinone
10-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Nice job getting your boat running again and getting some fish.

MikesOcean
10-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Nice meeting you F4R!

Glad to hear you got some fish and your boat is running well!

Plenty of fish to be had for all.

We only got into a few top water fish for the day and another dink fest slay to 3lbs only.

No big units for us that day. Guess the big girls didnt want to come out and play!

Glad to hear you were having a nice fish fry with the family. We gave all our fish to Mr. Jackson who's been a Castaic regular this season. We felt bad when he said he hasn't caught one fish all year.

He said he wants to learn how to do this scrolling.

Great job again and see you on the water.

Mike

flyhigh123
10-08-2013, 10:22 AM
great report!

I noticed that this years fish is much smaller in average size than last years. Is this true to you guys? Since I am new to striper fishing, is this cyclical meaning next year it might be bigger etc.