PDA

View Full Version : Good Trout fishing at Jess Ranch

KidTrout
10-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Well I said what the hell and I headed up to Jess Ranch lakes for some trout fishing. Their report said it was getting better so I figured out I would try for them well. The fishing was really good. I managed to bring in 3 but lost probably about 7 or 8. So I should of had my limit. The hook never broke they just spit it out.

All of my fish were caught on Orange trigger worms and red. Both on dropshot and on a jighead jigging it in. Cant wait for their derby. I put the link because it said picture size was to big on my phone so yea.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa474/gbteam21/IMG_20131006_191218_zps6003bf7d.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa474/gbteam21/20131006_123600_3_zpsff48774d.jpg

old pudd fisher
10-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Nice for October, was there in January 2009 and got my limit in less than an hour. A little to fast but what the heck, just put em in the cooler and watched my friends fish till noon.

shift21
10-06-2013, 10:40 PM
very nice for early trouting, keep fishing man!

Troutin Man
10-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Nice! Never been up there. I will put it on my list to try. Thanks for sharing.

fishincouple
10-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Our favorite place to fish for trout! And in our backyard! Wife and I were there on Saturday, bass fishing. 1/2 day got her 4 nice fish and me just 1. Gettin cold up here in the morning hours...time to break out the trout gear. Nice job on your fish...don't they just have the best fightin trout ever!?

Cartman
10-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Well I said what the hell and I headed up to Jess Ranch lakes for some trout fishing. Their report said it was getting better so I figured out I would try for them well. The fishing was really good. I managed to bring in 3 but lost probably about 7 or 8. So I should of had my limit. The hook never broke they just spit it out.

All of my fish were caught on Orange trigger worms and red. Both on dropshot and on a jighead jigging it in. Cant wait for their derby. I put the link because it said picture size was to big on my phone so yea.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa474/gbteam21/IMG_20131006_191218_zps6003bf7d.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa474/gbteam21/20131006_123600_3_zpsff48774d.jpg

If you lost seven or eight fish maybe your hooks are dull.

KidTrout
10-09-2013, 07:42 PM
If you lost seven or eight fish maybe your hooks are dull.

Thats what I was was thinking but they are brand new. I bought them the day before. I noticed on a few that I barely had them hooked in the lip since I was dropshotting

fisherman951
10-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Thats what I was was thinking but they are brand new. I bought them the day before. I noticed on a few that I barely had them hooked in the lip since I was dropshotting

maybe setting the hook to fast? way to go out there, never been there and curious of how good this place gets

KidTrout
10-09-2013, 08:48 PM
maybe setting the hook to fast? way to go out there, never been there and curious of how good this place gets

Yea thats probably what was happening and that lake is awesome the only bad part is the guy on the cart is always watching and knows exactly when you have one on. I have been there and had to leave in 30-40 minutes because the guy doesnt want you to cnr

fisherman951
10-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Yea thats probably what was happening and that lake is awesome the only bad part is the guy on the cart is always watching and knows exactly when you have one on. I have been there and had to leave in 30-40 minutes because the guy doesnt want you to cnr

i see so this lake is were the famous golf cart is at, i knew i remembered hearing about this guy but couldnt remember what lake. Ill have to check it out some day just want to make sure the drive is going to be worth it

KidTrout
10-09-2013, 10:54 PM
i see so this lake is were the famous golf cart is at, i knew i remembered hearing about this guy but couldnt remember what lake. Ill have to check it out some day just want to make sure the drive is going to be worth it

Yup I dont mind him always making sure I dont keep over my limit but I just wish I was able to catch and release since I only use mini jigs, and worms.

etucker1959
10-10-2013, 01:30 AM
It's been a couple of years since I've been there, so hopefully the rules haven't changed. Once you get close to your limit of trout, you can then start fishing for catfish and bass and C&R them. We have had some epic Fall fishing there, on all three species of fish on the same day.

fishincouple
10-10-2013, 07:53 AM
The "cart guy"...Jim...Is actually a nice guy who has a job to do just like the rest of us. Break off that thick skin of his and you can have some fun and joke with him. Again, he has a job to do. Because of the weak nature of trout, IMO they shouldn't be CnR'ed by "general fisherman/women"...if you know what you're doing and have the right equipt, that's something different....however!!!! they DO have a CandR lake...unfortunately it is for tubing only. Etucker, last weekend was 1 of those weekends...although the wife and I targeted bass, we witnessed a few cats and trout being caught...good size!...along with her few HAWGZ she CandR'ed.

seal
10-10-2013, 08:47 AM
The "cart guy"...Jim...Is actually a nice guy who has a job to do just like the rest of us. Break off that thick skin of his and you can have some fun and joke with him. Again, he has a job to do. Because of the weak nature of trout, IMO they shouldn't be CnR'ed by "general fisherman/women"...if you know what you're doing and have the right equipt, that's something different....however!!!! they DO have a CandR lake...unfortunately it is for tubing only. Etucker, last weekend was 1 of those weekends...although the wife and I targeted bass, we witnessed a few cats and trout being caught...good size!...along with her few HAWGZ she CandR'ed.

There you have it! You know the rules when you pay to fish it if those rules are not within your game plan then you need to choose another lake, that simple. I like the fact somebody's actually watching and enforcing the rules, no C&R power baiter's there (hee hee)!

quix
10-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Good work on the fish... bad choice of hockey teams :)

Jess
10-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Cool report, let's just take it easy on (Jim) the famous golf cart guy he is as cool as they get. He can teach one a thing or two about the fish :)

KidTrout
10-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Cool report, let's just take it easy on (Jim) the famous golf cart guy he is as cool as they get. He can teach one a thing or two about the fish :)

I didnt say anything bad about him. I think every lake should have a guy making sure no one is keeping over their limit. I just wish I was able to Cnr

Breaking Bass
10-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Good work on the fish... bad choice of hockey teams :)

A horrible and pathetic choice.

MonSteRR
10-13-2013, 05:28 PM
i hate parks like that, Laguna Lake is like that also. They all over you & also come to net it for you.