PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 10/5-6

P.A.W.
10-06-2013, 12:16 PM
In a word slow. Water level is pretty high now and temp is down to 71 or so. There are spotty flurries of action but not any boils to speak of. I found an odd cruiser once in a while but trolling through the balls I metered netted nada. It got even slower on Sunday, though by the line to get in at 6:00 you'd think the bite was on fire. Took me almost half an hour to get to the ramp. Hung around the cleaning table for a bit and it was largely unused.

Famous descriptive phrase..... "That's Skinner for you"

JAG107
10-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Sounds like things were tough all over this weekend. Still beautiful weather to get out and get the boat wet. Really interesting that the high pressure system over-rode the benefits of a new moon, or so it seems. Next weekend should be better I think.

drifter023
10-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Hey thanks for the report want to go there and give it a try but just hate the inspections. I am good for silverwood but my outdrive always seems to drip a little bit so do not want to chance it. Do they take silverwood tags there?

jnitrobass
10-07-2013, 04:41 AM
Went there on saturday east end went crazy at 7 am 100 yard boil biggest one ive seen in years.only lasted about 15 minutes.fish were 5-8 pounders good quality.ripped 7 out of the boil and then it was done.the late afternoon was on fire fish were in 5-8 feet of water ripping up the shad.white swimbaits were the hot ticket.three of us ended up with a triple limit.see you guys on the water.

P.A.W.
10-07-2013, 05:27 AM
A friend texted me from the lake 7:30 Sunday evening. Big boys were chewing on thrown baits at the west end too. Evening bite is where it's at now.