PDA

View Full Version : Additional $16 quagga prevention fee to boat tags??? Wtf???... Ur thoughts......

BALLERONBUDGET
10-05-2013, 09:20 PM
been boating 20+yrs, paying usual $10/$20 for sticker....now renewal comes and state of ca wants to add $16 for quagga prevention fees???? is it just me or anyone else irate at this????.... true its only $16 , but we pay enuff in tags/launch fees /maintenance gas etc..... pretty soon some politician will say
let's just round it up to $50, heck while we're at it lets make it $100 nxt renewal.....:Twisted::Twisted:

HawgZWylde
10-05-2013, 09:43 PM
been boating 20+yrs, paying usual $10/$20 for sticker....now renewal comes and state of ca wants to add $16 for quagga prevention fees???? is it just me or anyone else irate at this????.... true its only $16 , but we pay enuff in tags/launch fees /maintenance gas etc..... pretty soon some politician will say
let's just round it up to $50, heck while we're at it lets make it $100 nxt renewal.....:Twisted::Twisted:

Hmm, and exactly what does the state physically do to prevent Quagga infestation? Other than at state park waters, has anyone ever seen a state employee actually do a Quagga inspection? And if they do, please send them over to the general section to see if the Quagga infestation there can be exterminated. On a serious note, where's the money really going? Cali does indeed have a fuzzy numbers problem like the feds and look for any way they can to fund it...

*Add edit*

Yikes, I clicked on this thread on the home page and just now realized it IS in the general section. Be forewarned, Quagga infection may take place unexpectedly and at any given moment. You have been warned...

cutbait
10-06-2013, 07:53 AM
I would love to get Quagga inspected!

Small price to pay

DEVOREFLYER
10-06-2013, 07:58 AM
I would love to get Quagga inspected!

Small price to pay

The inspection is WORTHLESS without PICTURES. lol

cutbait
10-06-2013, 10:08 AM
The inspection is WORTHLESS without PICTURES. lol

I'm hoping to get Hardcor and his cameras involved

DEVOREFLYER
10-06-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm hoping to get Hardcor and his cameras involved

Now that's something I would pay to watch. It's gonna be a horror film then or maybe a cartoon, can the kid's watch it or is it gonna be adult only.

harlanx1
10-06-2013, 11:35 AM
16.00 to not have to listen to any more left wing bs from quagga count me in, where do I pay. lol

seal
10-06-2013, 12:29 PM
This sounds like the AIS (aquatic invasive species) tag that many states have adopted. If so it's hard to quantify what it covers. Something about if you participate in the tag program it shows that you have adopted certain processes and procedures to avoid mussel infestation or something. When it came to Nevada last year I tried to figure out what the hell it was all about and thought then that it would soon hit Cali., sounds like it's here!