PDA

View Full Version : SKC Ben

ben0606
10-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Lets get some things straight. Get the FACTS STRAIGHT!

Here are my facts and what I did. I was responsible for getting Military members assigned to 5 pontoons and private boaters. This was open to not just Purple Heart Recipients but to all active duty and vets. By the way zero volunteers for private boaters from my FNN post looking for some.

I have a POC at Wounded Warrior Battalion Camp Pendleton. To those who don’t get it or understand here’s a breakdown for you. A Marine assigned to Wounded Warrior Battalion (WWBN) is an active duty Marine who cannot conduct their daily duties of their MOS (job) due to medical reasons and re-occuring medical appointments, physical therapy, etc…..this does not mean you are automatically a combat wounded Marine. A Wounded Warrior term is very broad now a days. A Marine who is struck by a drunk driver who loses his leg needs to be taken care of as well. This does not make you less important what so ever. I explain this numerous times to numerous people what WWBN is. Wounded Warrior Project and Wounded Warrior Foundation are completely separate from WWBN.

I had about a dozen Marines from WWBN signed up which there were some Purple Heart Recipients that attended. It was designated to my POC that Purple Heart Recipients had priority if space was short, which they were not short. WWBN roughly had 8 Marines after cancellations. There was a hunting trip in Colorado the same weekend and One cancellation was a Gunnery Sergeant that attended last year and just had back surgery days before this years event and STILL signed up but he hit me and his boat Captain up the night before that he had slipped and injured his back. I wish he could have made it.

I then branch out around Camp Pendleton and by word of mouth from anglers to Marines to all over to see who is interested.

I had over 48 military members signed up at one point or another with numerous cancellations. I hovered in the 30's consistently. It happens especially when you deal with the military as you can be called in 24/7 as a Marine. There were other trips, people moved, went on Leave, family emergencies.

Directions to Captains which I personally addressed was that they were to get a roster of their teams a week in advance which I completed MY deadline. Captains were to contact their team for logistics such as gear, food, and drinks. This was in the initial meetings and I personally reminded captains of this. If a Warrior wanted to bring his own gear they were welcome to but the Captains could assist them in what gear to buy if they wanted to pick up striper fishing afterwards instead of buying the wrong stuff wasting their money. Last year I was in charge of the private boaters not the pontoons and the day of the event is when most met their Captains. I sponsored all the Marines and both pontoons. Something I made better this year for better planning since I had the whole Warrior part of the event I was in charge of.

I didn’t talk to EVERY Captain but I DID speak to at least one Captain per team. Kind of hard to speak to all Captains when I don’t have everyone’s contact info. We even had a Captain not return calls and bailed for whatever reason the week of the event but we had Gill volunteer last minute. Kudos to Gill.

The issue with 3 Captains on one pontoon was there is a max of 8 people on the boat no more than 1800 lbs. This meant I would have to bump a Marine off the boat which is BS! The last 48 hours there were many cancellations so I evened out the pontoons to where there could be 3 Captains if wanted. Again another issue that I was able to resolve.

The Monday before, Mike and I took a guide trip with T/O. Awesome day of learning and pre-fishing. Had 5 stripers and a bunch of largemouth. The whole day Mike and I were working bob to come to the event. At the end of the day in the parking lot I made a sly comment to bob and he had that twinkle in his eye with a grin who said he will think about it. I had bob signed up as a private boater back in may but dropped out. Which I very well thought of doing too. By Wednesday bob had called me saying he was in ha ha. Another year for bob coming out with 2 very thankful Marines. Bob is a veteran who gives back continuously along with others. Bob, I still have the picture of the green carp you were holding lol.

In the morning I had a Warrior meeting the day of the event and introduced all the teams to each Captain, Vince fed everyone donuts, passed out a custom made T-Shirt to ALL Warriors AND Captains as well as donated scent from a local vendor. I lined all the Warriors and Captains in their vehicles ahead of the rest of the tourney so we could get the Warriors on the water first. Man what a jerk am I right, lol, putting the Warriors on the water first.

We launched and were off. It was cool of Corey to bring extra cameras which he gave one to my boat. I captained a pontoon with Pat Hawgzwlde, thanks again Pat. First striper went ot LCPl Stark after less than 15 minutes bait and waiting at the attenuater. His biggest fish ever and first striper ever! His face was smiles all the way over this 2 lber. We forgot to set the camera though. Unfortunately we only got 1 more striper and a decent largemouth the rest of the day.

After returning to the docks I had Cory and Ron freaked out that we had a bigger fish. I told my 2 Marines to overexagerate pulling the fish out of the cooler and raise them in the air high cheering! 2 lbers but it was funny. During the Warrior presentation I changed the rules. The top 3 biggest stringers were supposed to be between the pontoons. I had 2 private boaters with 2 Warriors per boat, Mike and Bob. I made a decision that made sense to me. Why would the Warriors on the private boats be excluded from the Warrior competition. It didn’t make sense to me so I made a decisive decision and awarded 1st place to Team T/O. They had the biggest stringer of the Warriors period. That’s why when the gift cards were given to first place, it was being mentioned “only 2 Warriors on this boat”?

Not only that but it had already been planned that those teams who didn’t get 1st-3rd would be called up at the end and receive a $50 gift card anyways but we didn’t tell anyone, it was a surprise. Unfortunately, I overlooked 5 Warriors when calling them all up and Vince told me later which to this minute I still feel awful. I went straight to Barry who contacted Toyota and BPS which they would send the cards so we didn’t leave out the 5 Warriors. Frank had to leave by the time I realized what I forgot so it was too late. I didn’t know Bob didn’t get a Gift Card til later. I received multiple things of who got what, first all warriors and captains, then warriors only, then I saw the guys give them to the captains so I figured hell give it to the captains especially some of them are Veterans too but in my eyes outstanding volunteers.

Barry also gave me 2 extra gift cards to award to 2 Warriors that I saw fit. I gave one to a Warrior that was helping with the driving of one of the pontoons and a 2nd to another Warrior on another pontoon same reason. My Team was 3rd place by the way yet I stood to the side. It felt awkward running the Warrior part of the event and taking prizes for the Warriors and captains. That’s where Mike tricked me with the winning ticket for the DVL pass. You re awesome Mike!

Then EVERY Warrior and Captain (except me) got a swag bag with another $25 BPS gift card, a bunch of fishing items, and a $50 pocket knife. So in the end every Warrior had anywhere from $75-$125 BPS Gift Cards and a bunch of other good fishing items. I will get the 5 Warriors their cards if I have to go buy them myself. I didn’t take a swag bag, knife , or gift cards.

I didn’t even get to see the winners of the overall tourney cause I was all over the place.

Then the raffle. I had no part in the raffle except paying $200. I had white tickets. The Marine next to me had white tickets. Mike had white tickets. Another Marine next to me had blue tickets. As the raffle went on I realized the different tickets more. Didn’t think much of it at the time. Well I know most of my Marines that bought tickets blue and white won prizes. One of my guys won the BBQ grill, man he was stoked. I saw the Marine next to me win 4 prizes.

After the raffle everyone shook hands pats on the backs and had a great time.

Then these threads start. That’s when I asked the Marines if they noticed anything during the raffle. They said the blue tickets and that the bin was being looked into while drawing. I told this to the guys who brought it up to my attention. There is a reasonable suspicion but its not all the way solid because some of the Marines next to me had white tickets too. I wanted that Big Bear Trip cause our team talked if I won it I was taking the whole team.

The weigh ins, I was told that some fish outside of the Warrior’s fish didn’t look like it was freshly caught. Heres the thing, I didn’t see it with my own eyes it was 3rd party plus NOTHING was said or reported when the accused was seen with the fish. I wasn’t told until days later.

Here’s the thing, I ran the Warriors portion. As far as I know the charity is for Police Activities League and Valley Wide Recreations and Parks. Last year and this year was the same thing unless im mistaken. Last year I saw a post asking if there were gonna be warriors to take out so I posted let me know if you want a warrior and ill get you some. That’s when I was contacted by barry to help. this year it got big, it tripled the amount of warriors compared to last year. I NEVER said Wounded Warrior Tournament last year or this year. Im not going to do that and OFFEND myself. I put military warriors on boats to fish and have a blast. That’s what I do. I don’t handle money, have anything to do with the raffle, or the weigh ins. SHeT im competing in the tourney trying to help my Warriors on my boat win! If I had proof of cheating ill call you out in a heartbeat. One less cheater to take a prize from one of the warriors.

I don’t answer for Barry or Kewly or Corey. I DON’T ANSWER TO ANY OF THEM EITHER. I don’t even know Kewly. I know of him. I answer for ME. Barry knows of things I didn’t agree with and that’s on his conscious to change or explain or deal with the consequences. Im not cancelling 30+ Warriors with a short time period before the event. Why would I screw the Warriors? They deserved a trip on the water so that's what i did. Ill deal with the BS myself. Im not a lawyer or a C-freaking lawyer and don’t try to be one. I do know Barry got A LOT of stuff for the Warriors. Last year it was nothing like this. Look up last year you will see the only stuff they got besides fishing with great captains were raffle prizes that were won and given to the Warriors. This year Barry came through with A LOT from sponsors to give to the warriors. I didn’t have to pay for the pontoons this year or the tickets for all the Warriors and Captains. Im not rich and have a family to take care of. Paying for 5 pontoons and 3o something plus tickets would have been insane. I couldn’t have afforded it. This was way longer than I thought. Either way, this drama isn’t worth it. Its not worth being SheT on over a misunderstanding. Ill do what I do and fish. Ill continue to bring Marines fishing myself and organize little events myself and any other ways I can help. As for this whole debuckle, it’s a shame because there was so much potential for SKC. To those who gave me support, know it is very much appreciated that you know my true colors. MY MARINES know who I am and what im about. TOO many times people here forget what this site is for or maybe im here for the wrong reason. I signed up to share, learn, and help others.

Last note, thank you to ALL the Captains for taking these Heros out:

-Pat Hawgzwylde ( Pat thanks for your help and look forward to more)
-Bob Caffey (you da man bob, man I learned a lot from you)
-Maj Mike Christiansen (time for some Bass Tourneys buddy)
-Vince Sanchez (I appreciate all your help with the Warriors)
-Gill (last minute fill in, im sorry I cant remember your last name, Vince help)
-Danny Moraga (another year volunteering)
-Bruce Watson thank you for your service Bruce and giving back)
-Ian Cube (another repeat volunteer)
-Ron Davis (pleasure meeting you Ron, you’re a hoot Semper FI Marine)
-Corey Chapman ( loved your videos corey)
-Bryan Watson (please tell your brother no more Marine jokes da da da)
-Kahn Nguyen (Sir, pleasure meeting you as well)

Oh by the way, I brought up my thoughts on the striper guide auction. I said the same thing last year as this year and Barry knows my point of view and I know he was going to ask bob for next year.

bruce watson
10-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Ben, well said and very informative. You are a true leader.

Hardcor
10-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Ben, well said and very informative. You are a true leader.

What about what you told me over the phone !

http://youtu.be/jH4bp9JqshU

Hardcor
10-05-2013, 08:52 AM
What about what you told me over the phone !

Ron asked me to call you after the event ! I did ! You and I had a positive talk about fixing this !

What about what we talked about at the event !

If people could just here what you told me it would clear everything !

Why won't you tell them ! It makes the wrong people look bad !

Why would someone who won it put up so much guff !

Why wouldn't that person be happy and just leave !

I had a talk with Bass Pro yesterday ! Jeffery Tarin said he attended last years event and heard all the mumbling of cheating

and said he would never go back ! Jeff was real concerned because he thought it was an WWP event just like I did !

He told me to e-mail him everything I have and him and Bob Minor the GM will take it from there !

Pete ! We are also talking about my show ! Makes all this stuff melt away !

I also have a meeting with Frank Arena of Toyota ! He's concerned too ! He thought it was a WWP event too !

You all can hate me ! I prefer this ! But the funny thing is, you haters love my show !

Wormy watched three times, and then he went into my salt water stuff and started watching them !

Funny World ! I Exposed the ugly ! The sponsors will take it from here !

I did what I wanted ! Now I go back to putting up a show every week all year long !

What's the wormy done lately !

Love Corey

Nessie Hunter
10-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Well said Ben...
I have nothing but praise for those that were part of this, in any form or capacity.
I have tried to be part of SKC every year now.
I was also a volunteer at the WW event in May of this year at DVL also.

Every event has glitches, I have been to quite a few.

Ben please stay with SKC.
Its for the Warriors and is getting so big so fast that right now it is a learning experience for all of us.
It will 'always' have glitches, we just need to take them in stride & learn..
Semper FI....!!!!!
Adapt and overcome!!!

ben0606
10-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Corey,

We did have a lot of positive talks and I had nothing but respect for you and the others who took the Warriors out for a great day.

You want me to talk about the issues I have well ill tell you the same thing I told you on the phone...........I was going to address my issues and concerns with Barry directly and give him a chance to fix the issues I had. If he didn t fix the issues I have then I would walk away but I wanted to give him a chance. For example, Barry called me the day after the event to ask my opinion on the auction which I gave my opinion and he listened which gave me hope that he can make this event even better and not have any negative questions associated to this great event.

I will also remind you what YOU said to me, when I said I was going to give Barry the chance to fix the issues, you told me that you would give him a chance to make things better too.

The raffle looks suspicious and I was looking into it. I have nothing to do with the raffle but I asked around and watched the video and I was told and watched that there were Marines with blue and white tickets. Not just blue tickets. There were also civilians with blue and white tickets. Not just white tickets. Marines I know, won quite a few prizes.

As I said over and over, I will address Barry directly. I feel strongly that this is a fishing forum not a place to air out someone's issues.

I don’t jump to conclusions and try to give people a chance ESPECIALLY when there is suspicion and not cause. I will not go out and prematurely blast someone and I will not do on a public forum, that’s not what I do. Unless your screen name starts with an L and the 2nd word starts with a Q. ha ha.

If you want to continue blasting away on here, have at it but I will not do it. I will handle it my way.

I truly wish you the best.

Anyone has else have questions feel free to hit me up. I have no issues explaining what FACTS I know.

Ben

fishinone
10-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Ben,

I want to say on here, that you've been up front with me form the start. It's clear to me that you weren't hiding anything. You were just doing what you could to help out the warriors and you were trying to influence things as the opportunities came.

It's my pleasure to have met and gotten to know you.

Sincerely,
Ron

fishinone
10-05-2013, 12:11 PM
I had a talk with Bass Pro yesterday ! Jeffery Tarin said he attended last years event and heard all the mumbling of cheating

and said he would never go back ! Jeff was real concerned because he thought it was an WWP event just like I did !

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm210/DVL_SmackDown/SKC3EventFlyer_zps95257280.jpg (http://s297.photobucket.com/user/DVL_SmackDown/media/SKC3EventFlyer_zps95257280.jpg.html)

The Wounded Warriors Project logo is at the top of the SKC 3 flyer.

DEVOREFLYER
10-05-2013, 12:41 PM
It's also here: http://s297.photobucket.com/user/DVL_SmackDown/media/SKC2WoundedWarriorLogo_zps24dbaf5e.png.html

You can get to it by double clicking on the event poster you posted and then click the left arrow. It's easy to copy and paste stuff like that I guess.

Hardcor
10-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Corey,

We did have a lot of positive talks and I had nothing but respect for you and the others who took the Warriors out for a great day.

You want me to talk about the issues I have well ill tell you the same thing I told you on the phone...........I was going to address my issues and concerns with Barry directly and give him a chance to fix the issues I had. If he didn t fix the issues I have then I would walk away but I wanted to give him a chance. For example, Barry called me the day after the event to ask my opinion on the auction which I gave my opinion and he listened which gave me hope that he can make this event even better and not have any negative questions associated to this great event.

I will also remind you what YOU said to me, when I said I was going to give Barry the chance to fix the issues, you told me that you would give him a chance to make things better too.

The raffle looks suspicious and I was looking into it. I have nothing to do with the raffle but I asked around and watched the video and I was told and watched that there were Marines with blue and white tickets. Not just blue tickets. There were also civilians with blue and white tickets. Not just white tickets. Marines I know, won quite a few prizes.

As I said over and over, I will address Barry directly. I feel strongly that this is a fishing forum not a place to air out someone's issues.

I don’t jump to conclusions and try to give people a chance ESPECIALLY when there is suspicion and not cause. I will not go out and prematurely blast someone and I will not do on a public forum, that’s not what I do. Unless your screen name starts with an L and the 2nd word starts with a Q. ha ha.

If you want to continue blasting away on here, have at it but I will not do it. I will handle it my way.

I truly wish you the best.

Anyone has else have questions feel free to hit me up. I have no issues explaining what FACTS I know.

Ben

Thank You for posting this Ben ! Take over Marine ! I love the Marines ! I love good Cops too!

I put you in a hard spot and you responded like a Marine ! and I am proud of you !

I want everybody to know I don't fault this guy at all ! In the beginning I praise Ben for his hard work ! I praise Ben for putting me with four Marines !

I praise Ben now for stepping up big time !

Bob and I wanted to beat the cheaters ! We did !

When you step up for something, your going to get attacked ! You have to be strong ! Just like a Marine to put up with people that hide behind the computer with no post's of reports !

No history ! We do know Kewly has a history ! People are expressing that here !

I want people to know, that it was the people in line and the people at the raffles reaction that I reacted too !

I was talking to people looking for a human story ! My cameras run 24-7 thank God ! I didn't know what I had on video it just ran !

There's more ! It's not good !

Thank you Ben

PS people ! I'm still here ! And my cameras are running !

I put together a video Pyramid Lake StriperFest 2013 ! That's were I met the guy's I brought with me to beat the cheaters !

Hardcor
10-05-2013, 12:49 PM
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm210/DVL_SmackDown/SKC3EventFlyer_zps95257280.jpg (http://s297.photobucket.com/user/DVL_SmackDown/media/SKC3EventFlyer_zps95257280.jpg.html)

The Wounded Warriors Project logo is at the top of the SKC 3 flyer.

Thank you for this ! Your my Rock buddy !

dqfish
10-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Thank You for posting this Ben ! Take over Marine ! I love the Marines ! I love good Cops too!

I put you in a hard spot and you responded like a Marine ! and I am proud of you !

I want everybody to know I don't fault this guy at all ! In the beginning I praise Ben for his hard work ! I praise Ben for putting me with four Marines !

When you step up for something, your going to get attacked ! You have to be strong ! Just like a Marine to put up with people that hide behind the computer with no post's of reports !

I want people to know, that it was the people in line and the people at the raffles reaction that I reacted too !

I was talking to people looking for a human story ! My cameras run 24-7 thank God ! I didn't know what I had on video it just ran !

Thank you Ben

I put together a video Pyramid Lake StriperFest 2013 ! That's were I met the guy's I brought with me to beat the cheaters !

Ok so I am trying to understand all this. So Kewly & Barry are the cheaters and you and Bob beat them? You have more on video why is this dragging on for days. Why not let it all out...

Hardcor
10-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Ok so I am trying to understand all this. So Kewly & Barry are the cheaters and you and Bob beat them? You have more on video why is this dragging on for days. Why not let it all out...

The DFW did not show ! I done ! Last post here !

http://youtu.be/V2ldUyjrSPs

GdHkSet1
10-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Ben,
It was an honor and priviledge to take the Marines and Navy Veteran out on a day on the water, your time and work that you put in on organizing and being point for the service men/veterans was effortless - Thank you. If you need anyone to take Marines out for a day of fishing give me a call, but not in the DV old toons! ha. My goodfriend and fishing buddy Dale from Temecula (Vietnam Vet US Army) was unable to attend this year due to a sickness but I updated him and told him we had 3 times the number of Marines for SKC3 compared to SKC2, he said he does'nt want to miss the next one.

"From the Bridge" - Team Tripoli
After loading up the toon, and getting a quick instruction how to use a Digital Camera (Thanks Corey) I got to get me one of those go-pros . We moved out of the way for Team Peleliu - they were getting underway. I fired a single salvo of bananna's at them but they counter-fired with a salvo back at us! We finally left dock and headed to the east side for some trolling.
Gil Perez out of Turners Outdoors SD was awesome coming out to assist on the pontoon-BZ Gil!, he brought extra rods for trolling, topwater and gear for the Warriors. We had a game planned out to get stripey for the Warriors, but Mr. Stripey eluded us that day. We came up on a wicked boil near BR#2 and Gil was handed out rods to the Warriors boil to the left - boil to the right boil - in front!, Warrior says "Got one!" up on the front of the pontoon, saw the rod go straight-up lost it:(, it was kaos for a few minutes, we drifted next to the bathroom and you could see the Striper(w/Shoulders) and LMB just crushing the glass minnows and shad next to the bathroom barge, they didnt want our imitations they wanted LIVE scared MEAT! But my observation throughout the day was that the Warriors where having a wonderful time.
After a troll run into the Marina area we stopped for a pee break and then hunkered down for a bit at the wave attenuator to try the fresh dines. All of sudden out of nowhere bait starts flying out of the water on the side of us a wolfpack of stripers where in eye site we fired off the top water rigs front and back-nada another show of nature at it's best wish we had the camera rolling it was awesome like the bathroom boil.
I look forward to assist in any future fishing event supporting our nations best(hopefully it doesnt have to be annually! ). See you on the water man, I'm in a old white crestliner trolling at DV or Skinner and sometimes fishing at Camp Pendelton Lake Oneil with the family.

P.S It was great meeting FNN folks Hardcor and Fishinone, and running into Fear No Trout(thanks for the sierra 411!), T.O and Khanh (hey Khanh, winter duct session? lmk) sorry if I left anyone out theres a lot of folks!

Vince
U.S Navy (Senior Chief Ret.)

Hardcor
10-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Ben,
It was an honor and priviledge to take the Marines and Navy Veteran out on a day on the water, your time and work that you put in on organizing and being point for the service men/veterans was effortless - Thank you. If you need anyone to take Marines out for a day of fishing give me a call, but not in the DV old toons! ha. My goodfriend and fishing buddy Dale from Temecula (Vietnam Vet US Army) was unable to attend this year due to a sickness but I updated him and told him we had 3 times the number of Marines for SKC3 compared to SKC2, he said he does'nt want to miss the next one.

"From the Bridge" - Team Tripoli
After loading up the toon, and getting a quick instruction how to use a Digital Camera (Thanks Corey) I got to get me one of those go-pros . We moved out of the way for Team Peleliu - they were getting underway. I fired a single salvo of bananna's at them but they counter-fired with a salvo back at us! We finally left dock and headed to the east side for some trolling.
Gil Perez out of Turners Outdoors SD was awesome coming out to assist on the pontoon-BZ Gil!, he brought extra rods for trolling, topwater and gear for the Warriors. We had a game planned out to get stripey for the Warriors, but Mr. Stripey eluded us that day. We came up on a wicked boil near BR#2 and Gil was handed out rods to the Warriors boil to the left - boil to the right boil - in front!, Warrior says "Got one!" up on the front of the pontoon, saw the rod go straight-up lost it:(, it was kaos for a few minutes, we drifted next to the bathroom and you could see the Striper(w/Shoulders) and LMB just crushing the glass minnows and shad next to the bathroom barge, they didnt want our imitations they wanted LIVE scared MEAT! But my observation throughout the day was that the Warriors where having a wonderful time.
After a troll run into the Marina area we stopped for a pee break and then hunkered down for a bit at the wave attenuator to try the fresh dines. All of sudden out of nowhere bait starts flying out of the water on the side of us a wolfpack of stripers where in eye site we fired off the top water rigs front and back-nada another show of nature at it's best wish we had the camera rolling it was awesome like the bathroom boil.
I look forward to assist in any future fishing event supporting our nations best(hopefully it doesnt have to be annually! ). See you on the water man, I'm in a old white crestliner trolling at DV or Skinner and sometimes fishing at Camp Pendelton Lake Oneil with the family.

P.S It was great meeting FNN folks Hardcor and Fishinone, and running into Fear No Trout(thanks for the sierra 411!), T.O and Khanh (hey Khanh, winter duct session? lmk) sorry if I left anyone out theres a lot of folks!

Vince
U.S Navy (Senior Chief Ret.)

That's a great fishing story Vince ! The Human story I was looking for ! Thank you Vince ! And the story about you is amazing ! You are stand up ! I'm trying to be that way !

watch this video of Ron, Khanh and I fishing Bonefish in San Diego Bay ! I offer you and Gil Perez a day like this on me ! Plus the Wounded Warriors in San Diego love me !

We need to talk Sir ! I have a special relationship with the navy in San Diego Bay ! I'd like to talk to you about it !

http://youtu.be/uOpVH5co9dU

GdHkSet1
10-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Sounds good Cory, I'll stay in touch. ....cool SD bay vid Hey those fish I used to C&R while active duty down there at Navsta where honky Corvina, big suckers at night. Take care.

noleash
10-06-2013, 01:04 PM

Thank you Ben

Body English is Priceless........................

fishinone
10-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Body English is Priceless........................

This appears to be another stealth poster who's involved in this.

11 post all about this!

Who are you and why are you hiding!

Surfnsnowboard3
10-06-2013, 02:45 PM
The DFW did not show ! I done ! Last post here !

http://youtu.be/V2ldUyjrSPs

You need to work on the details of your points instead of random bits and pieces. How does DFW not showing up prove your point of cheating? Did you say anything AT THE TIME YOU APPRARANTLY SAW THE CHEATING TO ANYBODY? Why not? Why did you wait until days later and post it on FNN?

TroutOnly
10-06-2013, 07:56 PM
THANK YOU FOR INVITING ME BEN ,IT WAS AN HONOR TO FISH WITH THOSE YOUNG MARINES,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

HawgZWylde
10-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Ben thank you! It was an honor to help and I look forward to more in the future. Anytime and I'll be there! I had a blast with you and your Marines out there, especially when the banana incident occurred, they (Mike and his Marines) thought they were being clever only to get answered with a barrage of flying Sardines. Nearly peed my pants laughing so hard. Thanks again Ben. And most of all, thanks for serving our great nation...

striperkingclassic
10-07-2013, 03:46 AM
Thank you for your feedback on the Striper King Classic 3 at DVL. I'm extremely disappointed in reading the various accusations this past week and want to give you some factual responses. But, as most of you have pointed out, with the accusations not being specific in nature, it will be very difficult to answer. I will try to answer them with facts as best as I can for you.

HOW WE STARTED- THE HISTORY
On July 29, 2006, some of you holdover trout anglers may have remembered the Summer Smackdown. It was one of the first trout derbies at the lake. We benefitted the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
On May 17, 2008, many of you remember the Spring Smackdown trout derby. We benefitted the Boys and Girls Clubs of the Southwest. Bob Caffey, co-hosted the event. Additionally, to market the Spring Smackdown, I contacted the Los Angeles Times to feature Trout Only and the Spring Smackdown (Reference Los Angeles Times Sports section for May 9, 2008/By Pete Thomas).

Then the Striper King Classic series started on August 27, 2011. The Striper King Classic 1 benefitted Valley-Wide Recreation & Parks District of San Jacinto/Hemet and the Police Activities League.I
The Striper King Classic 2, was held on September 22, 2012, benefitting Valley-Wide Recreation and P.A.L. We also sponsored in part a small contingent of Warriors, a total of 13.
The Striper King Classic 3, held this past September 28, 2013, benefitted Valley-Wide Recreation and P.A.L.. We also sponsored 36 Warriors, almost tripling the SKC2 total.

Since 2006, we have never experienced any issues related to cheating in any way, shape or form. I have never received a single email/letter/document claiming cheating. The SKC prides itself on organizing clean events and does not condone cheating.

PLANNING THE "EXPERIENCE"
On March 26, 2013, the planning started with Bob at Bass Pro Shops. We started to shape the SKC3 event, which included several dynamics, including the Warriors from Camp Pendleton. We talked about making sure the Warriors had a great "experience" on the water, not just to have them attend. We talked about creating a positive "spirit" for the event. THIS EVENT WAS TO HIGHLIGHT THE WARRIORS, NOT ANY ONE INDIVIDUAL, GROUP, AGENDA OR SPONSOR.

On May 21, 2013, Bob brought in Frank from Toyota to talk about enhancing the "experience" for the Warriors. We found out that Frank has a special place in his heart for the Warriors. Originally, Frank wanted to sponsor 100 Warriors on 10 pontoon boats. This was extremely generous, but I suggested that it may be best to start out with less Warriors to create a better "experience" for them. I mentioned that it would be best for each pontoon boat to have (1) SKC Captain and (1) SKC Co-Captain, and supply them with the proper equipment. Without these elements, their "experience" would most likely not be a good one. I suggested that in the future, we could increase the amount of Warriors and pontoon boats.

On August 13, 2013, Toyota finalized the planning to sponsor special gift bags for the Warriors with a $25.00 BPS gift card, $50.00 pocket knife from "Ton" Jones of Spike TV's "Auction Hunter", Toyota, BPS and SKC goodies from various sponsors. Each Warrior would receive one of these bags, Captains would be included. Retail value of each bag is roughly $100.00. Toyota also wanted to sponsor a Warrior pontoon boat competition, as they would award BPS gift cards for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Warrior pontoon boats. $100.00 gift cards for 1st place, $75.00 gift cards for 2nd place and $50.00 for 3rd place. This was separate from the general public awards categories. BPS/Toyota was specific that these gift cards were for Warriors only. Captains would not be included.

On a conference call on September 23rd, Toyota decided to give $50.00 gift cards to the Warrior pontoon boats that did not place in the top 3. Toyota wanted to make sure that there were "no losers" when it came to the Warriors. They wanted the "spirit" to be high for every Warrior, not just the top 3 pontoon boats. Again, BPS/Toyota was specific that these gift cards were for Warriors only.

COORDINATING THE WARRIORS
The SKC Warrior Organizing Committee met several times and communicated via email/phone to ensure that the Warriors had a great "experience". August 31st in Temecula, all of the Captains were asked to meet to discuss the Warrior "plan of attack". These were a few of the topics discussed:
1. SKC3 Overview/Review sponsors/Entire agenda- A complete overview was given to every aspect of the event to eliminate any possibility of miscommunication. All Captains were invited. Ben, Vince and Bruce attended.
2. Warriors "plan of attack"- Ben to be Warrior Coordinator/Warrior attendance goal/Transportation issue/Pontoon boat rentals/Equipment and who's coordinating/Placing Captains/Costs
3. Warrior complimentary special t-shirts/BPS/Toyota providing t-shirts/Toyota providing hats/Photos of Warriors

On September 11, 2013, we met in Buena Park to recruit another Captain.
1. Reviewed the material above

On September 27, 2013, met with Ben in Hemet to go over last minute details for the Warriors.
1. Planned for the Warriors to enter first in the morning, followed by SKC anglers and general public last.
2. Advised Ben that I had communicated with Tammy Toral, GM of DVL to complete Warrior pontoon boat rental paperwork at staging area at DVL entrance to expedite Warriors. This would have them on the water at first light. They would launch first.
3. Reviewed Warrior rosters with Captains/Co-Captains.
4. Ben to have Warrior meeting with all Warriors at 3:30am at DVL front entrance area.

Ben had also been communicating with the Captains that did not make the meeting. I knew that it was critical that the Captains had the information from our meeting in Temecula. Failure to meet with the new Captains would lead to possible misunderstandings. In future events, it should be mandatory for all new Captains to meet at least twice to review Warrior material and answer any question that they may have. THE WARRIORS WERE THE TOP PRIORITY

WHAT WAS THE WARRIOR "EXPERIENCE"
There were reports that the Warriors had a disappointing experience. During the past few days, I did a lot of research into this because it was very important that they had a great "experience" with us. Here's my interview with one of the minor sponsors of the Warriors who happened to speak directly with 15 Warriors AFTER they came off the water fishing:

I spoke with Steve, who served in the Navy during the Vietnam Conflict. He was stationed in Hawaii and was discharged in 1973. Here are his comments:
"The Warriors appreciated that someone would take the time to organize something for them. They were also surprised at how many people came out to support them. They appreciated how nice everything was set up. Some Warriors mentioned that the event was a "class operation" and that it wasn't just a tent set up on a dirt road! They liked that it was thought out and a big effort was put into it". Steve made a last observation, "Even if we only made one Warrior happy, it was a success".

STEPS TO ELIMINATE CHEATING
There were several comments regarding cheating at the event. Cheating is not condoned by the SKC Committee. This is the first time ever in 7 years has there been possible cheating. These are the steps that we took to eliminate any kind of cheating:
1. Contacted California Dept of Fish & Wildlife- Asked Kyle for additional support for our event. Kyle and another Game Warden were at DVL. Kyle was checking boats for illegal baits and fish being brought in from other lakes at the DVL Kiosk at entrance to the lake. CDF&W was extremely thorough during their boat checks, checking every cavity of every boat.
2. According to CDF&W, "State Department of Fish and Wildlife officers do all they can to combat poaching. But there are only a few hundred wardens spread throughout California. To successfully fight poaching they must have help from all Californians".
3. If someone was seen fishing illegally, you should report them immediately to 1-888-DFG-CALTIP.
4. September 28, 2013 5:20am SKC3 Meeting- Specifically mentioned to all boaters at the line-up what was permitted to use as bait. That was the sole message for the meeting.
5. On September 24, 2013 on FNN, under the "Striper King Classic 3 at DVL" posting, Official Tournament Rules were posted. Highlighted in the Tournament Rules section #5 states, "It is forbidden to use live or dead trout, bluegill or any fish from DVL, or any fish that has been brought in from another lake".
6. There were no reports to any SKC Committee member of a specific case of cheating.

There were also comments about the raffle procedure. Here's what took place:
1. Raffle ticket sales were stronger than anticipated.
2. The white colored raffle tickets sold out.
3. We had to use a backup roll of blue colored raffle tickets.
4. This created a problem of (2) colored raffle tickets.
5. The small acrylic raffle ticket container was too small for the amount of tickets sold.
6. We did not have another container, as it was difficult to mix the raffle tickets because the tickets were almost to the top.
7. With these problems, it may have given the impression that there was favoritism going on.
8. We were understaffed.

Due to the overload of raffle prizes, we were calling raffle tickets extremely fast. Some sponsors donated 5-6 prizes for the raffle. We had to call off 5-6 raffle tickets quickly. This happened several times. There would be no chance of cheating in this instance because things were happening at such a high rate of speed. A comment was made that Warriors had blue raffle tickets. Several Warriors had white raffle tickets and won several prizes.

The solution was quickly resolved on the next day. As our event has grown, we must also upgrade our components, which includes a large acrylic raffle ticket tumbler. One was noted on the website: displays2go.com.

I welcome additional volunteers to assist with the raffle. One could be a validator to ensure fairness in the raffle and to assist with the heavy demand of pulling tickets. Our SKC voluntary staff needs to increase. For the record, there were 32 sponsors with over 120 total prizes for the raffle. We had a SKC record of over $7000.00 in raffle prizes all for our participants.

SKC LOOKING FOR RAFFLE HOST
Here are the qualifications:
1. Must be proficient on the microphone in front of large crowds.
2. Must have ability to work quickly with other host for raffle.
3. Must have good knowledge of the fishing industry products and descriptions.
4. Must have the time to meet with me a minimum of 10 times a year/2 hour meetings to review event/products.
5. Must have exceptional people skills in dealing with sponsors.
6. Must have good knowledge of striper fishing/DVL.
7. On event day, schedule is 3:00am-5:00pm.
8. Donate full-day guide service.
9. Pay: Nothing, all voluntary service.
This is what Hubert "Kewly" Zimara does each year. There has been some unwarranted criticism of Kewly. In the past, Kewly has done some things that has got him into trouble. There has been some questionable things that he has done. But, if someone criticizes Kewly, I would certainly hope that it was because you know him. If you are criticizing anybody, and you've never met the person, does that make sense? Many years have past since Kewly's incidents. That doesn't change what's happened in the past, but sometimes we must move forward in life.

I'm sure there are some of you that have had problems in the past, some may even be legal issues. You know who you are. But, if you work diligently on correcting your shortfalls, I believe you should be given a second chance. Kewly's has matured in the past 4 years. He's become a solid citizen and goes to church every Sunday. Kewly's even started his own guide service- kfgs-fishing.com. Doesn't the bible say a little about "forgiveness"?........

CONTACTING SKC SPONSORS END RESULT
We have a terrific relationship with our sponsors, some for over 7 years. There are threats of contacting our sponsors which the end result may lead to them not funding any raffle prizes again. Guess who loses? The end result is that our Warriors, kids and you will not have a chance to win a nice raffle prize because of one person. Additionally, our sponsors are reading the "latest rants", as our sponsors say, on this website and are taking notes of who are posting and what. They are not happy with the inappropriate language, threats and accusations that are being made.

SHOWING A LITTLE RESPECT
Some members of the SKC Committee are highly decorated United States Wounded Warriors, Veterans and servicemen. One of our Captains is a double Purple Heart recipient and a Bronze Star w/Valor attachment recipient from the Vietnam conflict. He is also 100% disabled. Our Warrior Chairman is a Wounded Warrior himself that has recently come out and he has a heartbreaking story that I'm sure he doesn't like to talk about. These individuals have served our country and have sacrificed their blood. We certainly owe them a little more respect.

cutbait
10-07-2013, 04:41 AM
Nice to hear Barry.

I gotta ask, you were diligent in your reply by never claiming wounded warriors. This was billed as a WWP event, you even photo shopped the logo in your flyer. Illegally I may add.

Will you admit you mislead? When you approached the sponsors did you tip toe around the whole warriors/wounded warriors technicalities.

You did hear Sgt. Dennison on the video claim he wasn't a WW, you could hear the regret in his voice.

You do realize Ben you also missed out on at least a grand on your guide auction by keeping out TO? Why as a event organizer you insist on excluding TO and what he could bring in for a charitable donation over your personal differences?

Maybe you should point out to the DFW in the future boats are not the only hiding spots for "live or dead trout" and "fish being brought in"

harlanx1
10-07-2013, 04:44 AM
I got a simple solution if there was cheating admit it make ammends and lets move on. It seems pretty clear at this point there was something happening. So why dont you act like a man and get it over with. Corey I really don't know you but you have shown amazing resolve in bringing it to the light and I commend you.

Surfnsnowboard3
10-07-2013, 10:48 AM
I got a simple solution if there was cheating admit it make ammends and lets move on. It seems pretty clear at this point there was something happening. So why dont you act like a man and get it over with. Corey I really don't know you but you have shown amazing resolve in bringing it to the light and I commend you.

How is it clear something was happening? What's your evidence or proof? And Hardcor showed "amazing resolve?" That's what you call what he's been doing? Really?

Please answer with facts and info. Not a YouTube video or gibberish.

Hardcor
10-07-2013, 11:05 AM
How is it clear something was happening? What's your evidence or proof? And Hardcor showed "amazing resolve?" That's what you call what he's been doing? Really?

Please answer with facts and info. Not a YouTube video or gibberish.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WoundedWarriorProjec