PDA

View Full Version : DVL this weekend... wind

Team Santana
10-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Hey guys,

I wanted to get out there this weekend since I haven't been able to get out since my last post. Any suggestions on if it'll be worth trying to target stripers with this wind in a rented deluxe boat?

Thanks Guys

fisherman951
10-04-2013, 09:17 AM
winds are bad and i doubt for safety they would even rent boats

Team Santana
10-04-2013, 10:31 AM

Thanks, we postponed it for another weekend. Hopefully I can get out there and get my first striper!

SurfCityUSA
10-04-2013, 02:48 PM

Weather reports have wind for Hemet/Menifee at 12mph NE at 7am up to 17mph NNE at 3pm on Saturday and much less (6-7mph) on Sunday. What does this correspond to as far as wind/waves on DVL?

I honestly don't know what kind of wind (mph) it takes to have white caps or "rough" conditions at DVL. I have a long drive from HB and would not want to get blown off the lake.
Any feedback is much appreciated.
Thanks
Surf

prankster13
10-04-2013, 06:20 PM
I was out there today and there was no wind on the lake at all. Now up in the canyon and on the 10 freeway it was howling. Had a great day fishing an old AC lure I bought from Alan Cole in the 80's. The LM are tight to the bank and hitting swim baits, spinner baits worked to so get out there and fish.42836

Team Santana
10-05-2013, 08:03 PM
I was out there today and there was no wind on the lake at all. Now up in the canyon and on the 10 freeway it was howling. Had a great day fishing an old AC lure I bought from Alan Cole in the 80's. The LM are tight to the bank and hitting swim baits, spinner baits worked to so get out there and fish.42836

Thanks Prankster, I'm gonna risk it and head out there tomorrow morning, I'll be out there with my girl so hopefully I can get into some fish! any pointers are appreciated... post coming soon!