PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Harbor, CA. Fishing trip with boat!

yerevanjan
10-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi Guys,

I wanted to take my boat to the ocean, figured Long Beach is one of the biggest harbors and I'd fish there. I launch by the queen mary.

Any good fishing spots there? techniques? rigging and bait advice? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

David

Pecci
10-04-2013, 04:39 PM
I know there are Thresher Sharks there. You could also try close to the rocks for species that prefer that habitat. I have also caught, halibut there a few years back.

Andreu10555
10-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Long beach has a good variety of species based on my last visit to long beach if you go best the oil islands you could hook anything from a halibut to a yellowfin croaker and there's decent numbers of sand bass and the occasional calico bass by the oil islands and especially by bait barges. If you go by the ports like the shipping ports there's a good chance you'll find bass there and maybe a halibut. For the halibut I've had success with a live anchovy,sardine,squid on a dropper rig. Fishing big hammer swimbaits with slayer heads is the most productive setup I've used in long beach getting in on the croaker,bass,halibut and mackerel,etc. Pack some swimbaits and reel em in.