PDA

View Full Version : HELP FOR SURF NUBEE

trail blazer
09-20-2007, 07:49 PM
My family wants to take a trip to the beach somewhere on or near pismo beach. i hear there might be some perch in the surf around there, ive never surf fished and dont know the first thing abought it. Im sure i could figure it out the old fashion way but with the limited time i will have for fishing any help would be apprieciated. tackle, bait or lure, what kind of surf to look for,etc. THANKS

SOSO
09-20-2007, 10:07 PM
There is a straight forward article on Fnn on how to catch Surf Perch. Go to the home page and look for it. Bascially, carolina rig w/ Berkley Gulp camo sand worm.

IslandBoi
09-20-2007, 10:09 PM
lite line, c-rig w/fish crack #4 hook

Granny Fish
09-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Carolina rig, just enough weight to cast, about a #8 or 10 bait holder or circle hook.

Bait: Gulp sand worms in camo, ghost shrimp, lug worm, blood worms or better yet.... sand crabs.

Cast to the foam, let bait sit a few seconds and reel in slow, let sit and reel in slow. Keep repeating. Move the direction of the current as you fish, kind of like river fishing.

That should get you started... then you can start experimenting. :wink:

Good luck!

KaliDawgFan
09-21-2007, 07:20 AM
There are perch at Pismo. The last time I was there someone in my party got quite a few nice-sized keepers for dinner. He was fishing at the very south end by the fence.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
09-21-2007, 08:09 AM
ANY SURF FISHING NORTH OF SANTA BARBARA IS GOOD FOR LARGE SURF PERCH. THEY SHOULD REALLY BE GOOD NEXT MONTH, AND NOV. THE TACKLE NEEDED HAS ALREADY BEEN STATED BY THE OTHER MEMBERS. GOOD LUCK ND GO GET THEM. MIKE THE PMB....

trail blazer
09-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Thanks for all the help, that should just abought cover it T/BLAZER

Fisher-of-Men
09-23-2007, 08:04 AM
I hear Sandcrabs work well! :thumb:

Fisher-of-Men