PDA

View Full Version : Lobster SD bay

got2fishsd
10-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Hooped the big bay last night. 7 - 11. Slow crawl 10 - 15 bugs with 2 legals. Talked to one other boat in the area and he pulled 3 keepers.

This is my first post on the site so I hope to be able to help and post some reports.

murrieta angler
10-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the site...:Smile:
Not a lot of lobster guys here, but you sure are needed, for those that are thinking of trying.
What type of traps do you have? Boat, bait...etc
Thanks for sharing,
Robert
<><

got2fishsd
10-03-2013, 09:53 PM
I have a 15' aluminum with a 15 hp 4 stroke mercury. I tend to stay in the bay because I don't like to be outside at night. I have three different type of hoops. I have 4 of the flat 36", 3 promar ambush and 3 danielson. I like the ambush the best. As far as bait I just buy a kayak scoop at the bait receiver and chop it into small pieces. If you are interested in going letme know if you have any other questions.

HESBROS
10-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Hello, it seems likethe season is off to a slow start. We hooped LB last Monday and got seven keepers after being out all night. Try adding salmon heads to your mix of bait. Good luck out there!
Eddie

jarheadbill
10-09-2013, 06:22 PM
dam im new to hooping too and I had a really ruff time hopping from the corona del mar jetty got all three hoops stuck and I lost one so I know for a fact I will never hoop from a jetty again .... I just need to hoop from a boat or some kind of floatation device .... but good luck to all hoopers out there and a quick question does any body know of like a night boat rental or can point any my way ??