PDA

View Full Version : Echo Park

dafishahman
10-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Walked around the lake a couple times now. No "visibles" only minnows for the mosquitos. Lake looks VERY fishy, but does not have that fishy smell (if you know what i mean). Anyone know about any future planting of fish?

ScottyP
10-01-2013, 01:42 PM
The only thing the state plans on stocking is sterile trout and catfish maybe. Unless "Operation Hipster Bass" succeeds, we might be out of luck.

jerryG
10-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Read through the thread below titled "Red head and Asian guy keeping bass at Lincoln". If you read through the thread the information contained will provide you with a perspective of the lengths that local anglers are going through to restore the fishery Echo. Although the DFG plans on Stocking trout and catfish it has no plans on stocking anything for at least a year. The unwillingness of the DFG to restore the fishery at Echo when the Department has traditionally been committed to restoring other park lakes which have been drained and refilled is very disappointing. Even more so is the fact that it is one of the few places to fish within the inner city. The community needs more opportunities for low cost outdoor recreation. Children and adults need a place to go fishing that's not 25 miles or more from their home.

JerryG

I*B*CATCHIN
10-03-2013, 03:51 AM
Regarding stocking probably will have to be done by locals ...wink wink ...

DarkShadow
10-03-2013, 09:10 AM

I've already contributed my 2 cents.

I meant, 2 bass.

;-)

Power to the people.

I*B*CATCHIN
10-05-2013, 05:31 AM

I meant, 2 bass.

;-)

Power to the people.well boys and girls ....if you want to plant tilapia I know where there at ....pm me for planting only not consumption. ..I'm a cpr card holder

I*B*CATCHIN
10-05-2013, 05:32 AM

I meant, 2 bass.

;-)

Power to the people.well boys and girls ....if you want to plant tilapia I know where there at ....pm me for planting only not consumption. ..I'm a cpr card holder

Ifishtoolittle
10-07-2013, 02:15 PM
My local 99 ranch is selling LMBs for 7.99/lb right now.

DarkShadow
10-07-2013, 04:04 PM
well boys and girls ....if you want to plant tilapia I know where there at ....pm me for planting only not consumption. ..I'm a cpr card holder

Let's not stock Tilapia...

Have you ever been to Balboa Lake? Go there and spend a few minutes and you'll realize that Tilapia are probably not a wise species to stock in a city lake environment.

etucker1959
10-07-2013, 04:08 PM

Lake Perris has big Shell cracker's in there. wink wink

flyhigh123
10-07-2013, 04:22 PM
wait until post spawn and get lots of the fingerlings :D

last year at Peck, post spawn, there must have been thousands of baby bass everywhere...

BASSCATCH
10-07-2013, 10:02 PM
I was just at peck park lake, about a week ago and there are a lot of fingerlings still on the far east side. Just my .02 cent...wink wink ;)

jerryG
10-07-2013, 11:40 PM

Have you ever been to Balboa Lake? Go there and spend a few minutes and you'll realize that Tilapia are probably not a wise species to stock in a city lake environment.

2x on the Tilapia guys.. A healthy population of bluegill, sunfish, and crawdads complimented by seasonal trout stockings should help keep the predators fat and healthy.

JerryG

Koontaj
10-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Read through the thread below titled "Red head and Asian guy keeping bass at Lincoln". If you read through the thread the information contained will provide you with a perspective of the lengths that local anglers are going through to restore the fishery Echo. Although the DFG plans on Stocking trout and catfish it has no plans on stocking anything for at least a year. The unwillingness of the DFG to restore the fishery at Echo when the Department has traditionally been committed to restoring other park lakes which have been drained and refilled is very disappointing. Even more so is the fact that it is one of the few places to fish within the inner city. The community needs more opportunities for low cost outdoor recreation. Children and adults need a place to go fishing that's not 25 miles or more from their home.

JerryG Firme! Now I will go to echo park, catch a bass and bring them back to Lincoln park...LOL. What lengths people go through. :LOL:

aramirez1988
10-21-2013, 12:39 PM

I was just at Balboa Lake yesterday and caught 3 fat Tilapia on tortilla. They are the only sizeable fish I hooked up with there.

On another note, anyone ever consider eating Tilapa from a city lake? I know its recycled water, but I've seen people take them home once caught.

DarkShadow
10-21-2013, 01:46 PM
They are the only sizeable fish I hooked up with there.

For a reason. Perhaps the 3,000,000,000 two inch tilapia that have invaded the lake may be the reason why so catchable size fish live reside there.

On another note, anyone ever consider eating Tilapa from a city lake? I know its recycled water, but I've seen people take them home once caught.

Reclaimed water? Peeps are crazy if they keep 'em. If I truly want to eat Tilapia, I'll buy some from the market.