PDA

View Full Version : Me and Hiro(StriperCandy.com)wreck havoc on his B71 on Friday!!!

MikesOcean
09-29-2013, 09:12 PM
I called Hiro to replenish my arsenal with more B71 lures. He was in the mood to do some damage and it worked out perfect cuz he managed to switch his days off so we can hit up Castaic together on Friday. I'm usually with AA and he couldn't go because it was his 1 year wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary BOOOOZ!!!

With the wind messing things up at Castaic and closing Wednesday and Thursday it was a crap shoot if they were gonna open on Friday. We figured we would gamble. And it was worth it. Our game plan was not to troll but fish top water either on boils or dead water.

We were first to launch and hit some zones I have had success in the past. We started casting his B71 and that lure does what it suppose to do. We had at least 10 fish the first half hour twtwtwtw with mixed striper and LMB.

Continued our day searching and catching. Of course it was working great on scattered boils and dead water as well.

I have been using this top water lure for the last couple years and swear it was one of the BEST out there.
What made it even better, Hiro taught me something on Friday that I never knew this lure does. You can actually jerk this bait down into the water and make it swim. And we caught a handful of fish that way as well. If you do not have this in your arsenal, I highly recommend you call him and have this in your tackle box!! And do what I do and have at least 5-10 in my box. LOL I always have at least 2 rods rigged with that lure and have extras in case I lose.

Here's a picture of two different colors he makes.
http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b516/mikesocean/9FA62915-4503-461F-994A-A305B8785656-125-00000005D8AAC012_zps428a7b22.jpg

We did not get into any big units This day like i did with AA, CB, and MC on Monday but we sure had one hell of a time talking chit and catching tons of fish. It was great to be out with him fishing since its been a while that we went out.

If you don't believe me that this lure works as good as I am saying, ask anyone on this board that uses it. They will swear this lure ROCKS!! Conditions were not in our favor with all the wind and water all moved around with rougher waters and we still managed 15 stripers and threw back at least 20 LMB in tough conditions. We were off the water by 1:30

Our Catch!
http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b516/mikesocean/215089DA-1D23-4414-B9D9-2AFA5B8C6AC1-479-00000047867CCB1D_zps704d3a74.jpg

Thanks again Hiro (Stripercandy.com)for joining me I had a BLAST. Can't wait to do it again.

Hardcor
09-29-2013, 09:14 PM
I called Hiro to replenish my arsenal with more B71 lures. He was in the mood to do some damage and it worked out perfect cuz he managed to switch his days off so we can hit up Castaic together on Friday. I'm usually with AA and he couldn't go because it was his 1 year wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary BOOOOZ!!!

With the wind messing things up at Castaic and closing Wednesday and Thursday it was a crap shoot if they were gonna open on Friday. We figured we would gamble. And it was worth it. Our game plan was not to troll but fish top water either on boils or dead water.

We were first to launch and hit some zones I have had success in the past. We started casting his B71 and that lure does what it suppose to do. We had at least 10 fish the first half hour twtwtwtw with mixed striper and LMB.

Continued our day searching and catching. Of course it was working great on scattered boils and dead water as well.

I have been using this top water lure for the last couple years and swear it was one of the BEST out there.
What made it even better, Hiro taught me something on Friday that I never knew this lure does. You can actually jerk this bait down into the water and make it swim. And we caught a handful of fish that way as well. If you do not have this in your arsenal, I highly recommend you call him and have this in your tackle box!! And do what I do and have at least 5-10 in my box. LOL I always have at least 2 rods rigged with that lure and have extras in case I lose.

Here's a picture of two different colors he makes.
http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b516/mikesocean/9FA62915-4503-461F-994A-A305B8785656-125-00000005D8AAC012_zps428a7b22.jpg

We did not get into any big units This day like i did with AA, CB, and MC on Monday but we sure had one hell of a time talking chit and catching tons of fish. It was great to be out with him fishing since its been a while that we went out.

If you don't believe me that this lure works as good as I am saying, ask anyone on this board that uses it. They will swear this lure ROCKS!! Conditions were not in our favor with all the wind and water all moved around with rougher waters and we still managed 15 stripers and threw back at least 20 LMB in tough conditions. We were off the water by 1:30

Our Catch!
http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b516/mikesocean/215089DA-1D23-4414-B9D9-2AFA5B8C6AC1-479-00000047867CCB1D_zps704d3a74.jpg

Thanks again Hiro (Stripercandy.com)for joining me I had a BLAST. Can't wait to do it again.

The Roll continues ! MO ! Those are nice fish !

Corey

dk4885
09-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Great post MO. Nice to see hiro out on the water.

cutbait
09-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Nice!

You left out the bravery you two showed by gambling with the lake closures...

That took balls my friend..

Good to see Hiro out and I will attest to those being the best TW out there 100%

fishinone
09-29-2013, 09:49 PM
You guys slayed them. That's definetely better than watching from shore.

CAPT'N
09-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Nice fish boys.....

Nice to see Hiro on the water

Capt'n

catchingsomefish
09-30-2013, 08:28 AM
Way to go Mike and Hiro, I am glad you were able to get out on the water.....unlike us on Thursday. Nice to see stripers on ice! Keep up the good work.....Dave

TroutOnly
09-30-2013, 08:37 AM
WAY TO SLAY BOOZ-BOYS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,