PDA

View Full Version : Hg5

EfrenM
09-29-2013, 06:01 PM
First off I wanna give big thanks to the S.W.A.T family and everyone who put this event together. This was my first time attending this event I went with my wife, her parents, and her younger brother we all had a great time. I spent the 2 days before the event stocking up on everything and read wing nut's last report before the event and also made sure to get bait which without it I would have been skunked. I caught 2 leopard sharks 10'' & 13'' and 6 perch. My father in-law and brother in-law both got skunked though, but I was very proud of the fact that my brother in-law got second place in the casting competition. I told him before he was up to use the spinning reel but he said he was more comfortable with the baitcaster which made me very proud because I taught him how to use it. On the second round of the competition he came so close to making it so many times one he even hit the rim of the hoop but we were still very proud of the fact that he got second because neither my father in-law or I made it once. My wife and mother in-law said I missed out that the food was very good but I was so excited that my hunger went away. Once again thanks to everyone and hope to attend next year again.

DockRat
09-29-2013, 08:17 PM
I caught 2 leopard sharks 10' & 13'

:Worship: Talk about a IGFA record !!!!! :Worship:

Considering the Ca State record is 49 lbs.
DR

EfrenM
09-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Thanks for that very knowledgeable information of yours did you find that under a Snapple cap (i wasn't trying to gloat just writing a post about what I caught)

bachiboy
09-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Don't take it too personal PM. DR is just being a smarta$$ (as usual):LOL: cuz he was trying to point out that you put 10FEET and 13FEET instead of inches. You did an awesome job out there. Congrats to you and all the winners of the derby...WELL deserved!:Applause: 10' or 10", those fish were hard to come by this year and YOU got em!:Thumbs Up: Great meeting you and hope to see you again soon!

Thanks for helping make this year's event such a great success!
Don

EfrenM
09-30-2013, 07:35 AM
Tnx don for sure I hope see u on the sand one of this days ! :-)

PONTOON
09-30-2013, 06:11 PM
pepesca master,

Thank you for the report and I'm very happy to hear you had a great time sharing the sand with some really Great People. I hope to see you at next years event! :Cool:

skunked4life
10-02-2013, 10:34 AM
pepesca master,

Thanks for the report! You did great out there Saturday! BTW-at least your family was well fed! Get in on the food next year, I am confident that it will be even better and more of it!

Skunked4life, aka Corporal Croaker, aka Ken

murrieta angler
10-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Hey Bro,
It was good seeing you and your family there.
I'm glad everyone had a good time and props to your brother for taking second place.
It could have went either way.
See ya next year,
Robert
<><

dlmoo312
10-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Congratulations on the first place finish :Thumbs Up::Applause:
And another congratulations to your brother-in-law for coming in second in the casting competitions! :Big Grin:
I was impressed with him for being the only one to advance using a baitcaster, and he really did come close multiple times during the sudden death cast-off!
Thank you for you and your family for making it out to the event. The fishing was tough but it was a spectacular day nonetheless.
Hope to see you and your family next year!

-Daniel

Jaysuuun
10-03-2013, 10:35 AM
pepesca master, congrats on your first place win! Fishing was tough with the salad buffet, but you managed to land some nice fish. Also congrats to your brother-in-law on the second place finish. Hope to see you and the family next year.

Jason

EfrenM
10-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Thanks guys hope to see everyone next year too

Wingnut
10-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Efren... not bad for a Rookie. :Wink:
Congrats on the 1st Place Derby win! :Envious:
I don't think that everybody picked up on my subtle advice about the bait option. But it looks like you did and it paid off. :Big Grin:
Sometimes you have to adapt to the conditions to get results...
See you at HG6, one thing for certain, it will be tough defending your title. :Twisted:

EfrenM
10-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Efren... not bad for a Rookie. :Wink:
Congrats on the 1st Place Derby win! :Envious:
I don't think that everybody picked up on my subtle advice about the bait option. But it looks like you did and it paid off. :Big Grin:
Sometimes you have to adapt to the conditions to get results...
See you at HG6, one thing for certain, it will be tough defending your title. :Twisted:
Thanks I hope to see you next year and I am up for the challenge because two trophies would look even better in my living room