PDA

View Full Version : The Wounded Warriors were Victorious, at Striper King Classic 2013!

fishinone
09-29-2013, 03:04 PM
I want to thank Ben Maple (Ben606) for working so hard to make sure that the Warriors had the opportunity to fish Striper King Classic this year. You did a great job Ben.

I was thinking but not acting to help the Warriors out at Striper King Classic. It's kind of to far from home and I don't fish DVL much and I had a bunch of other excuses. I noticed that they weren't getting too many volunteers but still didn't act. Finally, I decided to give it a go. I had met Hardcore and I've fished DVL with Khanh and figured that I would be able to at least get some good intel. I signed up and called Khanh and Corey. They both jumped at the chance to help the Warriors out. I think that Corey got Bob (Trout Only) involved. We all wanted to see the Warriors do well in the contest.

Bob is a stand up guy! He pre-fished the lake with Ben606 on Monday.Therefore, we had excellent intel! Both Bob and Ben were very generous with their hard earned information. Thank you guys, for being willing to help make this event successful for all of the Warriors.

Corey, Khanh and I were privileged to fish with Sgt. David Soto, Lcpl. Derrick Nord, Sgt. Daniel Norris and Sgt. Justin Dennison. They are all Marines and they are all great fun to be around. We had a great time together fishing a tough bite.

There were several possibilities for winning, The main Contest had Biggest Fish and Biggest Stringer categories. The Wounded Warrior's had there own Team Biggest Stringer category.

Bob's Warrior Team took biggest stringer in the Warrior's contest with a stringer of 5 fish! They also took Second place in the overall contest Heaviest Stringer category!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Wounded%20Warriors%20win%20SKC%202013/20130928_145632_zps6bcea624.jpg (http://s454.photobucket.com/user/fishinone/media/Wounded%20Warriors%20win%20SKC%202013/20130928_145632_zps6bcea624.jpg.html)
These are true Champions! Bob's the handsome one in the middle! Bob, Ben, send me their names and I'll add them here.

Corey's Team (Team Peleliu) came in second in the Warrior competition.

Sgt. Justin Dennison won the competition and took home a great trophy. (Somebody let me have a picture of Justin with his trophy and I'll add it here.)

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Wounded%20Warriors%20win%20SKC%202013/20130928_142023_zpsf9a33397.jpg (http://s454.photobucket.com/user/fishinone/media/Wounded%20Warriors%20win%20SKC%202013/20130928_142023_zpsf9a33397.jpg.html)
Here's Sgt Justin Dennison with his Striper King Classic 2013 winning fish. Justin is a true Champion as well! I heard him talking about redeploying again in Nov.

I took him over and got his picture with the Laker Girls!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Wounded%20Warriors%20win%20SKC%202013/20130928_142116_zps3ed35034.jpg (http://s454.photobucket.com/user/fishinone/media/Wounded%20Warriors%20win%20SKC%202013/20130928_142116_zps3ed35034.jpg.html)
For some reason unknown to me, none of the girls wanted to hold that fish so that we could get a picture! :Neutral:

elbowlayer
09-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Thats awesome, being a Marine veteran myself I am always glad to see young devil dogs getting positive recognition. I know first hand how great it is to have a great support group when your away from home or during down time. Thank you for all those involved.

cutbait
09-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Outstanding to everyone involved.... pure class!

harlanx1
09-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Bravo to all involved in this. these kids deserve recognotion.

prankster13
09-29-2013, 04:18 PM
How cool is that, my hats off to all who were involved. Glad everybody had fun and thanks for the great report and pictures.

Pete Marino
09-29-2013, 05:51 PM
I have a good feeling that an EPIC video of the event is being edited at this very moment by Corey!!! Look for it soon..as Im sure its coming!!!!

Pete

trollmiester
09-29-2013, 07:03 PM
thanx u guys for volunteering to help the troops/very unselfish of you guys.love the picture with t,o. wearing his fatigues.after all bob is a miltary veteran having served the good old usa.thanx again u guys.

HawgZWylde
09-29-2013, 07:36 PM
An awesome day indeed. It was a pleasure meeting you there fishinone...

Hardcor
09-30-2013, 01:06 AM
[QUOTE=fishinone;697794]I want to thank Ben Maple (Ben606) for working so hard to make sure that the Warriors had the opportunity to fish Striper King Classic this year. You did a great job Ben.
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/Wounded%20Warriors%20win%20SKC%202013/20130928_145632_zps6bcea624.jpg (http://s454.photobucket.com/user/fishinone/media/Wounded%20Warriors%20win%20SKC%202013/20130928_145632_zps6bcea624.jpg.html)
These are true Champions! Bob's the handsome one in the middle!

Ron ! I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for involving me in the Wounded Warriors ! It humbled me to the earth fishing with these Marines !

Watching you interact with these guys, a Marine yourself ! Was humbling to me ! You have a heart of Gold and you taught an old man a lesion in Life that day !

And I Thank You for That ! Thank you for introducing me to Khanh ! You two together are a Dangerous Team ! Khanh misses nothing ! It was Khanh that saw the

Largemouth busting on the Shad ! When we turned into the cove, there was our Hero ! The Legend ! Bob ! Trout Only, Striper Only ! With his Wounded Warrior hooked

up on a Striper ! Right where he told us the Shad were ! What a man ! If it wasn't for the Legend telling all four of the Wounded Warriors Captains the hot spots, There

would not have been very many fish caught at all ! It was a tough day on the Stripers for everybody !

Ron ! I mean this when I say ! You remind me of a Silverback Lowland Gorilla ! That can really Fish !

Corey

Hardcor
09-30-2013, 01:10 AM
Thats awesome, being a Marine veteran myself I am always glad to see young devil dogs getting positive recognition. I know first hand how great it is to have a great support group when your away from home or during down time. Thank you for all those involved.

Thank You for serving our country elbowlayer ! Marines are Awesome !

Hardcor
09-30-2013, 01:22 AM

It was your rude interaction with me on a Silverwood Lake video that brought The Legend and I together !

For that I will forever be grateful to you ! You lose the name cutbait ! You now are called Bako Boy ! Of The Bako Boys !

You earned a fishing trip of your life time ! On me ! I just hope you bring the Big Guy ! I don't know if I could handle you by myself !

Corey

Hardcor
09-30-2013, 01:33 AM
I have a good feeling that an EPIC video of the event is being edited at this very moment by Corey!!! Look for it soon..as Im sure its coming!!!!

Pete

Pete ! As I'm going through the award ceremony footage I became aware of just how hard you worked that day ! Thank you !

And Thank for talking with me about the lake ! That was Awesome ! I learned a lot !

Corey

PS I put a short video up tonight of the big fish ! The Striper King Classic III video will be coming soon !

fishinone
09-30-2013, 07:30 AM

Semper Fi elbowlayer, This was a great time for all of us. We've received more from these young men than we can possibly return. From you also. Thank you!

Thank you cutbait, Coming from you that has deeper meaning!

Bravo to all involved in this. these kids deserve recognotion.

Agreed Harlan, Helping these guys to do well in this contest was a blast and they deserve our help.

How cool is that, my hats off to all who were involved. Glad everybody had fun and thanks for the great report and pictures.

Thank you, It was our pleasure. We are still beaming. What a delight!

Pete

Pete it was nice meeting you out there. Good luck in your upcoming contest. The video is up, I want to watch it now but I want to answer these posts before I forget. I can't wait though!

thanx u guys for volunteering to help the troops/very unselfish of you guys.love the picture with t,o. wearing his fatigues.after all bob is a miltary veteran having served the good old usa.thanx again u guys.

It was our pleasure. Everybody who fishes for striper should take these guys out. Between ourselves we should make this event about who helps the Warriors win it.

P.S. Bob even has the belt!

An awesome day indeed. It was a pleasure meeting you there fishinone...

Nice meeting you Hawgz, Thanks for helping the Warriors and Ben out.

[QUOTE=fishinone;697794]I want to thank Ben Maple (Ben606) for working so hard to make sure that the Warriors had the opportunity to fish Striper King Classic this year. You did a great job Ben.
These are true Champions! Bob's the handsome one in the middle!

Ron ! I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for involving me in the Wounded Warriors ! It humbled me to the earth fishing with these Marines !

Watching you interact with these guys, a Marine yourself ! Was humbling to me ! You have a heart of Gold and you taught an old man a lesion in Life that day !

And I Thank You for That ! Thank you for introducing me to Khanh ! You two together are a Dangerous Team ! Khanh misses nothing ! It was Khanh that saw the

Largemouth busting on the Shad ! When we turned into the cove, there was our Hero ! The Legend ! Bob ! Trout Only, Striper Only ! With his Wounded Warrior hooked

up on a Striper ! Right where he told us the Shad were ! What a man ! If it wasn't for the Legend telling all four of the Wounded Warriors Captains the hot spots, There

would not have been very many fish caught at all ! It was a tough day on the Stripers for everybody !

Ron ! I mean this when I say ! You remind me of a Silverback Lowland Gorilla ! That can really Fish !

Corey

Thanks Corey,

Thank you for helping me. You were instrumental. Your local knowledge was key to our victory.

Getting involved myself has been more rewarding than I could have guessed

I'm sure that you are using Silverback in a good way! :Big Grin:

fishinone
09-30-2013, 07:40 AM

Bob,

Your selflessness made this event. You deserve credit for our boat's fish and for many if not all of the others. Thank you!

You're a winner! Helping out the whole Warriors fleet is the "Class Act" of this event.

Sincerely,
Ron (fishinone)

Hardcor
09-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Bob,

Your selflessness made this event. You deserve credit for our boat's fish and for many if not all of the others. Thank you!

You're a winner! Helping out the whole Warriors fleet is the "Class Act" of this event.

Sincerely,
Ron (fishinone)

http://youtu.be/zQmt_gXVf8U

fishinone
09-30-2013, 11:03 AM
You now are called Bako Boy ! Of The Bako Boys !

Corey

Oh that's to too Long! I propose BBOTBB! It's catchy and easy to remember.

PONTOON
09-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Ron,

What you guys did Saturday for the Wounded Warriors needs to be commended and reading your report and seeing all the pictures is proof that everyone involved had a great time! :Cool:

This was truly an awesome day for everyone involved.........Thank You Ron!:Thumbs Up:

koifish
10-01-2013, 05:13 PM
What a great job you guys do for the wounded warriors. My oldest brother used to serve in Marine for 10 years before transferred to US custom.

fishinone
10-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Ron,

What you guys did Saturday for the Wounded Warriors needs to be commended and reading your report and seeing all the pictures is proof that everyone involved had a great time! :Cool:

This was truly an awesome day for everyone involved.........Thank You Ron!:Thumbs Up:

Thank you PONTOON, We had a great time. Helping a Marine win SKC 3 is the high point of my fishing this year. It was a blast for Corey, for Khanh and for me!

What a great job you guys do for the wounded warriors. My oldest brother used to serve in Marine for 10 years before transferred to US custom.

Thank you koifish,

Thank your brother for us, for his service to the country.

HawgZWylde
10-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Thank you PONTOON, We had a great time. Helping a Marine win SKC 3 is the high point of my fishing this year. It was a blast for Corey, for Khanh and for me!

Thank you koifish,

Thank your brother for us, for his service to the country.

You know Ron, being caught up in this whole thing I just realized that I have completely brain-f*r*ed and I forgot to personally congratulate your team for winning the event, my apologies and congratulations to you and your team. And a big thanks for serving our nation...

olfishergal
10-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Totally impressed with the class act of TO and Hardcore. Though I have not fished with you yet, Corey, from Bobs tales I know you are one person I would like to get to know and fish with. T.O., you deserve 100% recognition in my book for getting those guys on Mr. Stripey and really making that event what it was meant to be. Congratulations to all the volunteers who gave their time and energy. Hopefully next year I will fish the event and use all the great skills Bob has taught me. You guys are the best.
OFG

fishinone
10-02-2013, 04:54 PM
You know Ron, being caught up in this whole thing I just realized that I have completely brain-f*r*ed and I forgot to personally congratulate your team for winning the event, my apologies and congratulations to you and your team. And a big thanks for serving our nation...

Thanks Pat, I appreciate that. You congratulated us after the raffle. It was nice meeting you.

Totally impressed with the class act of TO and Hardcore. Though I have not fished with you yet, Corey, from Bobs tales I know you are one person I would like to get to know and fish with. T.O., you deserve 100% recognition in my book for getting those guys on Mr. Stripey and really making that event what it was meant to be. Congratulations to all the volunteers who gave their time and energy. Hopefully next year I will fish the event and use all the great skills Bob has taught me. You guys are the best.
OFG

OFG,

There's no doubt that T/O caused this event to be awesome.

I hope that we can get the Warriors out to an event where everyone involved puts them first.

Don't you think the Sponsors would be more pleased with that?

olfishergal
10-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Thanks Pat, I appreciate that. You congratulated us after the raffle. It was nice meeting you.

OFG,

There's no doubt that T/O caused this event to be awesome.

I hope that we can get the Warriors out to an event where everyone involved puts them first.

Don't you think the Sponsors would be more pleased with that?

Yes bet we could put one together up this way say Castaic? Warriors with some great Captains, I would volunteer on the ladies end. I know we have some lady warriors out there who would love to fish and win!!!! Congrats hardcore on your win, To on yours, Bruce Watson respectable 4th