PDA

View Full Version : Saturday report...

DMS
09-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Got out today with lulu and was second in line and first out of the gate. A good bit of wind but was happy the didn't close the lake. It seemed that the water was down 6 or 8 feet and 4 or 5 degrees cooler. Didn't see any boils or breaking fish and scrounged up 8. We got 5 on the troll in one spot before the are turned fickle. Lulu got a double... Then we scrounged up 3 More on plastics on a mark that wouldn't bite the trollers. A lot of the good marks were huddled down on the bottom. The lice were mostly gone and we had a nice day. Off the. Water around noon.

The drastic fluctuations in the water continue to stir up the fish and their feed.

lowe
09-29-2013, 01:53 PM
It was good to see you and Lulu out on the water, you guys left just when the bite starting to pick up. I manage to get my limit all on the troll ..lo

DMS
09-29-2013, 03:57 PM
WTG Lowe! Good job gettin' 'em! We had gone hours with only one short strike, so we headed for the barn around noon or so with our 8 fish. we have really seen that at a certain point in the late morning, give or take around 11, that we end up not getting much action. Fishinone seems to have the moon/tide worked out to know what time they want to go off.
I want to keep it fun for Lulu, and we have caught so many that once it dries up or we limit out, we usually head for the barn. We have a fishing adventure coming up for 4 days of marlin/tuna fishing, so I really want to keep it fun and long spells with a dried up bite and windy conditions usually spell "T-O-W-E-L".
LOL!

DMS
09-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Fishinone seems to have the moon/tide worked out to know what time they want to go off.

forgot to mention, I think he knows when they will bite, because, after all... they are his fish in his lake. Someone should have told those guys on Thursday and reminded them not to block Ron.

fishinone
09-29-2013, 04:43 PM
forgot to mention, I think he knows when they will bite, because, after all... they are his fish in his lake. Someone should have told those guys on Thursday and reminded them not to block Ron.

Nice job getting on the fish Dan.

Don't say it's my lake in a public forum. I don't want to pay the taxes.

catchingsomefish
09-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Dan I had similar results today, although I stayed until 2 to get my 8, lol. Seems like they were really eager early, then disappeared midday......................Dave

DMS
09-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Dan I had similar results today, although I stayed until 2 to get my 8, lol. Seems like they were really eager early, then disappeared midday......................Dave

We got 5 on the troll in a span of about 30 minutes... right after we gave up on finding breaking fish in several select areas. Our 3 on the plastics were all in a 20 minute period after stopping on a big mark that wouldn't bite the troll. We only had one short strike on the troll (later in the morning) and Lulu had a couple strikes on plastic that didn't stick. I also hooked a nice UGB first thing that jumped and spit my offering back to me. Lulu simply said... "mmm farmed him. he he!?" You know she has become a real fisher when she can kid us about losing a fish. :)

so, some days they really go, some days its a bit harder, but thats fishing. Good job at getting out and getting them. I have also had a lot of midday doldrums on trolling the last month or maybe a bit more.

MikesOcean
09-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Good work as usual! It has to be tougher to fish on weekends with the boat pressure.

I just can't do weekends. Makes it nice for me to hit it during the week. Your a very smart man to keep the wife happy.

And you still have fish. :)

DMS
09-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Good work as usual! It has to be tougher to fish on weekends with the boat pressure.

I just can't do weekends. Makes it nice for me to hit it during the week. Your a very smart man to keep the wife happy.

And you still have fish. :)

I much prefer weekdays, but can't get away from the office so much during the week and have some days for vacation too. We usually can still get em on the weekend too.

Wife is happy and having fun and we will go soon to the east cape for some serious marlin and tuna fishing. After all the fishing and fish over the years, having a partner that cares to go and has fun getting up at 3:15 to fish is really cool. I am looking forward to her first marlin, tuna, dorado and more.

And we did catch'em... We sure have slain many stripers this year. MO.. it's also so cool how folks have said hello to lulu on the water... She asks me... Who was that.. And I tell her, that was loweboat or dk or.... And she says... Ok!

jowo
09-29-2013, 10:36 PM
I got out there Saturday as well with my younger brother, rented a boat and tried the coves in the fish arm. Ended up with 2 fish for the day out of about 5 or 6 blow ups on the topwater. Only a couple of single boiling fish in the backs of coves, we got ours on blind strikes in areas that looked fishy. Nice sized, with his going about 3 and mine about 4. Mine looked like it should have been over 5#, but was super skinny with a big head. Thinking about trying it again next Saturday if TO is free... have to see if the shad are still around, as well. Very few in the backs of coves, and I really want to give the live shad fishing a try. I hope it's not over already!

DMS
09-30-2013, 06:36 AM
Joao,
That must have been you at the ramp that said hello. It's not over yet... Still good fishin, but the water fluctuations, cycles and boat traffic are all factors.