PDA

View Full Version : Hg5 wow!!

simijab
09-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Another amazing hunting giants. The fishing was not the greatest but the best part and im repeating myself from last year is that I can get together with 260 people mainly strangers and feel like I have known them all for years. Just shows you that we have all picked a sport that has honest good hearted people. Just an awesome time all around. Swat crew and everyone else that helps put this together are awesome and as long as you guys keep doing it I will be there

PONTOON
09-28-2013, 08:09 PM
.......... "the best part and im repeating myself from last year is that I can get together with 260 people mainly strangers and feel like I have known them all for years".........

simijab,

I've just sat down at the computer after the drive home, cleaning up the gear and finally getting to relax a little and think about the day at HG-5. I saw your post and I've got to tell you it brought to me a big and sense of accomplishment over me. Your comment about spending the day with 260 people, mainly strangers and feeling like you've known them for many years is exactly the reason I enjoy spending time with Team 57 and S.W.A.T. :Cool:
Those of us who had the honor of calling Dana "Fisherman 57" Rea a Friend all know that his number one mission with Team 57 was to do exactly what you felt today and Family, Friends, Fun and Fishing was his passion. Although Dana left us way too soon there have been several individuals who have done their best to keep Danas mission going.

Arthur "Wingnut" Lai has taken S.W.A.T. to new heights and has kept Danas dream alive. The Hunting Giants events have become bigger and better every year. Dana would have been very proud to see Families and Friends enjoying the same beach, sharing information, old friends having a great time and most important, new friends being made. :Cool:

Thank you very much simijab for your comment and.......

Thank you Arthur, The S.W.A.T. Team and most important everyone who attended to make today a very memorable day! :Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

bones
09-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Glad you had a good time....You hit it on the head. As long as there is enough fish caught to determine a winner of the trophies.....everything else is a bonus and the bonus at these events is the long lasting friendship we have all enjoyed. Dana's true heart was about friendship and giving unconditionally.

simijab
09-28-2013, 08:55 PM
I honestly can't thank everyone enough.

5150fishn
09-29-2013, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the report. It was a great event and each year it gets bigger and better! Glad to hear you had a great time but how could you not! Lol

Pino
09-29-2013, 05:12 PM
This was the first time at this event and it was very nicely organize, I din't know many people but the ones I talk to were very nice. I hope to see you guys out there again fishing tru out the year and at this event next year.

bachiboy
10-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Last year was the first time that I've attended an HG event. I was in awe to see so many people gather to do what we all love and share in this amazing event. This year was just incredible to see that it just keeps growing. To see this many people out there enjoying themselves is awesome. Thank you for coming out and sharing the experience with us! We're looking forward to many years to come with even more great times to share.

Don

murrieta angler
10-02-2013, 01:42 PM
That's what it's all about simijab...:Big Grin:
Glad you could make it out and have a good time.
Robert
<><

dlmoo312
10-02-2013, 02:21 PM
This is what the HG events are all about! I felt the same way after my first Hunting Giants event a couple years ago :Big Grin:
Thank you for making it out and for all the positive feedback!
Looking forward to seeing you at next year's event!

-Daniel

Jaysuuun
10-03-2013, 10:27 AM
One of these days, conditions will line up perfectly on the day of the event and fishing will be WFO! But the fishing is just a bonus.:Wink: The best part of this event is getting together with people who share the same passion. It was good to see people making new friends, sharing tips/experiences and just having a good ol' time.
We'll see you next year. :Cool:

Jason

Wingnut
10-05-2013, 02:57 PM
One of these days, I'm going to pick the right day and it will be a wide open bite for everybody... :LOL: :Envious:
I'm glad that the fishing is only a secondary attraction at the HG events. :Wink:
Good to see you and Nichole out there... I guess I'll see you before HG6 now that you are a S.W.A.T. Guided trip winner. :Big Grin:

simijab
10-06-2013, 08:05 AM
One of these days, I'm going to pick the right day and it will be a wide open bite for everybody... :LOL: :Envious:
I'm glad that the fishing is only a secondary attraction at the HG events. :Wink:
Good to see you and Nichole out there... I guess I'll see you before HG6 now that you are a S.W.A.T. Guided trip winner. :Big Grin:

Yep thats right. At least since nicol and I have both of the guided trips you can kill 2 birds with one stone. I'll be watching your reports and call you when things look good.